Friday, January 31, 2014

Be My Valentine mini...Unscripted Sketches #241, Keep It Simple #32: Square

I'm back...with a little card that I think may be re-produced a few more times for the Valentine haul of cards my sister-in-law requested.

Last Saturday, when I saw Unscripted Sketches #241

I decided, nope, can't wrap my head around that one...especially since I'm pretty much on the 'lovely dovey' cards only diet.  Each day - and often several times a day - I was drawn back to the sketch, to the delightful DT samples, to the entries. Something kept calling to me...

Last night, I had one of Bev's famous 'pings' (mine was quite teensy).  I decided to work with the sketch a la small scale, reached for my 3 X 3 card die from MCT, and voila...another mini was born. Since my mini is square, yet another entry heading to Keep it Simple #32: Square



In case you're wondering, the red paper clip is for the photo op, only, as I haven't decided if I'll use velcro or twine to keep it closed.  Then again,the paper clipmay be the closure of choice, as it kinda sorta works.  When the top flap of the card is lifted, a little pocket appears, just the *right* size for a small chocolate treat.  I'm not sure if the several more I plan to make will be for the niece and nephew's pals, or for the teachers.  Hmmm....

Note:  So very honoured to receive a Top 3 over at Unscripted! Happy dancing!!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!







17 comments:

Kylie said...

A ping is a ping and what a ping this was! lol I love that sketch and your interpretation is just great! I really like the idea of the paper clip enclosure. It is functional and decorative! Have fun creating more Valentine's cards - cannot wait to see them!

Michele Cunningham said...

I'm glad this sketch kept calling out to you. Your card is marvelous!!! what a super fun Valentine card. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches :)

Anita in France said...

Ah, good, another miniature card, Carol ... such a sweet Valentine ... and even sweeter to think there'll be a chocolate goodie tucked inside! Hugs, Anita :)

Kathy D. said...

This is adorable!! No wonder it was top 3 at Unscripted Sketches! Would it be alright if I lifted it ? I would give credit to you. as it is adorable! Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy D. said...

I forgot to include dunnitagaindesigns@gmail.com
or www.dunnitagaindesigns.wordpress.com

~amy~ said...

I like the paper clip...such a fun card! and congrats!!!!

Shannon J said...

Isn't it awesome when I ping appears?!!! And, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek, good thing you kept coming back to this one, because, did you see, DID YOU SEE??? You got featured at Unscripted!!! WTG my friend!!!!! I would say that ping was a GIANT one!! LOVE this, Carol! The dies and the stamps you chose - PERFECT and the scale of the card just showcases everything so well! Awesome, awesome card, and CONGRATS again on the US shout out!!!!

Happy Dance said...

Fully and totally love this little mini, Carol! Great design, and love the colors you've used. I have to admit, that I thought the paper clip was supposed to be there until I finished reading your post. It looks great to me. Pinging is a good thing - you've made a sweet card with yours! Shannon is right, this was a giant ping. Sweet! Bev

Dana said...

Oh wow you did the sketch justice!!! I love it! It makes the perfect little mini card!!

Kim Heggins said...

So fun and just too darn cute! What a sweet way to say Happy Valentine's Day! I love all your amazing details...so cute!

Mrs A. said...

May only be small but it sure packs a punch. I rather like the red paper clip,as is too. Hugs Mrs a.

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh and what a ping it was! This is just darling Carol!! I love that curvy stitched border, that I don't have... :) Also love the little heart borders! Such a perfect little mini valentine!! Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my blog! Yours always make me smile BIG :D

Joni Andaya said...

Oh..Carol this is just Fantastic! So Adorable...love that you used those fun pattern papers. A perfect size too :)

Greta said...

I was cheering for this incredible card before I got to the notice that it was a winner! So well deserved--I love this one, Carol!

Geri said...

Well, I'd say that the gals over at Unscripted sure know a winning entry when they see it! This is fabulous....SERIOUSLY fabulous! The colors are divine, the design is perfectly balanced and the red polka dots rock! Congrats on the shout out - so deserving!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Adorbs as always!! CONGRATS on the Top 3, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Fun, fun layout! I love that you included all the layers and the...uh...paper clip (I couldn't think of the word temporarily...lol!). Such a sweet card. The touch of blue is nice on the eyes too, makes it a little less traditional and more fun!