Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yes, even *more* Valentines (3)....Freshly Made Sketches #131, Fusion #3, Seize the Sketch #12

Home-made pizza night, accompanied by a glass of red wine, and the delightful company of my husband, ...yayyyy.  A quick post before I head off to my sous chef duties...

We had one of the "rare" weekends where my husband wasn't travelling, but he still had to to work at biathlon competitions - tomorrow too - up at our lovely Nordic Center. After a hearty breakfast of coffee and cereal, he headed off  into the cold (-28C/-18.4F...) and I went straight to "work", too, trying to make more of a dent in the oodles of Valentine cards I've been asked to make.  I puttered and putzed for a few hours, made a couple cards, then bundled up and hoofed my way up to the biathlon building to help Andy get ready for tomorrow's events.  My task: putting little number stickers on chip timers (the strap-to-the-ankle type); easy, but time consuming, so lending a hand helped speed things up for Andy. At one point, he started to give me instructions on how to place the stickers on the chips, making sure they were lined up...pressed down...then it dawned on him that if anyone knew how to stick stickers correctly, if would likely be me. He quit with the talking (I think I was giving him the 'are you seriously kidding me look,' too), went back to dealing with his summit timers and other biathlon gizmos, and left me to my own devices...

Because you've been so, so, so patient - and incredibly warm, supportive and encouraging in your comments - with my on-going mini Valentine marathon, I've decided to share three cards in this post. Your time is precious, and I truly don't want to bore you unbearably (gahh...hope I haven't pushed you to that point yet) while I explore as many ways as I can to make cards for little 'uns.  I'm well aware that most of them (1 1/2 - 2 years old - my nephew's cohort) won't even know a Valentine card from..whatever...but their moms and dads will.  I want to make a good impression on them...and the teachers...and especially, my amazing sister-in-law.  

Okay...first up are two cards for teachers, and since I already made 6 (shared earlier) using the envelope die, I'm sticking with that shape/size.
The first is heading to Seize the Sketch #12 and although I tried to keep the bones of the sketch, a few, umm...adjustments...happened.



The second is heading to Fusion #3, the sketch only:



Meet my new Nuts About You stamp and die set from CB...isn't that squirrel darling? And his leaves and acorns?  He'll be coming out to play again before these Valentines are done.

Finally, another 3X3 card, featuring a mini (as in very mini) 'interpretation' of Freshly Made Sketches #131


Off to grate cheese, dice tomatoes, chop basil...

Thanks for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!








23 comments:

Darnell said...

Your squirrel and zebra are both darling, Carol, and just perfect for the wee'uns!! Glad you are enjoying the weekend with hubby! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

What fun designs on your Valentines Carol - sounds like you're a busy girl - and yet you can still be creative!! Love the squirrel, nuts and leaves adorned with the little hearts! Thanks for playing with the Fusion Challenge this week!

jessica said...

Super cute cards!!!!
Love your take on the sketch!
Thanks for sharing and linking your project up over at Seize The Sketch! Hope you will join us for our next challenge starting on Tuesday.
Jessica
Seize The Sketch DT

Linda Callahan said...

Your Valentines are adorable! Thanks for sharing one at FMS!

Dana said...

Oh my what fun amazing cards!! I just love your little mini cards! The are so darn cute!

Anita in France said...

More sweet little creations, Carol ... I love the adorable zebra, such a cute expression! Mmmm, home made pizza ... bet that was good (especially with a glass or two)! Anita :)

~amy~ said...

LOL...funny sticker story:)

What darling valentine's...that squirrel is adorable and I love that zebra! Your classic take on the Seize the Sketch challenge is sweeter than sweet!

I'm sure that your pizza was super delish!

Kay Miller said...

Heheheh about the stickers! Husbands! Ha! Anyway, hope you enjoyed your pizza night! We have ours on Fridays! Love that because I don't have to cook or think about it. :) I have really enjoyed seeing all of the cute valentines you're creating for your SIL! These are darling with the little zebra and the squirrel! Bet the kids will love those! Happy Sunday! :)

Marisa said...

Points for Andy for realizing the meaning of your look and keeping quiet thereafter LOL! Smart man ;) Brrrr....that's' cold too!! Better you than me out there - yikes! West Coast wimps we are LOL!

That little zebra stole my heart - sooo cute and a great use of the sketch. Well done on the other two as well.

Shannon J said...

Oh Andy!!! Wish I could have been there to see you shoot him "the eye"!! Those boys sometimes!! Have I told you how much I love your Saturday night pizza tradition?! It sounds just so warm and cozy (especially in those temps!) and romantic!! Okay, um, how could I EVER get bored at Just Me:C?!! Never!! NEVER!!! Downright IMPOSSIBLE! It is a highlight in my day to come for a visit! Your posts are full of wit and charm and your cards are outstanding!! Take these sweeties for example!! Um, adorable!!! The first card is so soft, and perfectly designed and accessorized! I LOVE that you used hearts in place of the banners in the sketch! Of course I am nuts about the squirrel card with the sweet little baby hearts in all the right places and OMG, the zebra card: melt!!! Freakin' adorable!!! Hope you get more crafty time in today - I hope to myself. I'm hopefully going to quarantine myself in my craft room in an attempt to avoid the strept throat Davey has brought home!!!

Happy Dance said...

Sounds like you've had a great weekend. Great to spend time with your DH too. Even if you needed "help" with the stickers. I laughed out loud at that!!! You, girl, are rocking the Valentines. Each is sweet, and you are such a dear to make so many of them. Really sweet. Stay warm too. While it's cold here, and about to get colder, it's (and I hate to say this...) still warmer here. Brrrr.... Bev

Joni Andaya said...

Wow...you've been busy!!! Love all your creations Carol :) My fave is the zebra. Goodness you are really rockin' valentine season :) Love it!!!

Greta said...

You have found your calling, Ms C! Laughed out loud about putting on the stickers--good thing Andy understood that look--LOL! Darling last 2 cards, but how I adore the first one--wowzer!

Kim Heggins said...

You make me laugh...love your story about the stickers, sounds like something my husband would do too. Hope you two have fun. I love all your cards, so sweet of you to do this for your sister in law, you are just the best! What adorable little critters too, too fun. Oh your pizza sounds yummy, how did it turn out? I love pizza too, such a fun meal.

Amy O said...

These are all cute Valentines. I love the zebra in the card you made for Freshly Made Sketches. Thanks for joining us!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute cards - Thanks for joining in with STS!

Geri said...

Wow - how in the heck are you coming up with all these AMAZING ideas? One fabulous card, followed by another and another...you are so totally the Valentine Queen!

Fabulous clean & simple design that works so well with the DP on the XX & OO card!

Yes, I'm definitely NUTS about the squirrel card! Great colors!

And the little zebra with his scalloped border and sweet 'xxxxx's and oooooo's' sentiment is sa-weet as ever!

Carry on girl....looking forward to seeing more!

Kylie said...

I so want you to bottle your creativity and energy and send some my way. :) You know we all LOVE your posts - your writing and your cards are always inspiring. Please don't ever think otherwise.

I had to laugh when I read your comment about your hubby telling you how to use the stickers. lol I'd have shot him "the eye" too.

Now, onto your cards....sometimes I feel so repetitive when I write comments in response to them. They truly are wonderful though. I love the colours and the simplicity of the xoxo card. I love how you have placed the leaves and the acorns with the squirrel taking centre stage. And once again, I do love those colours. And seriously, I love the idea of keeping the card closed with the paper clip! The zebra is totally adorable and I think I have him too. Must go find him. Cute cards, Ms C!

Lisa Lara said...

Really cute and clever Carol with the squirrel and leaves. Fun Valentine and love the scallop edge.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Look at all this amazing card parade here!! (me jealous) Love your squirrel and the zebra GET OUT, phenomenal card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for joining in the FUSION FUN,!!!\
oh, Psssssssssst. I always look for you in my challenges gal!!!! I am that pesky fun loving waitress that tells you that you must sit in MY section!!!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

All so sweet! You can feel the FUN in these cards and know that those who receive them will be so tickled! You are such a sweet, sweet person!
Of course, thank you for playing with us at Fusion this week!

Deepti said...

These are all so adorable :) looks like u r on a card making spree, so glad u joined in the fun at Fusion!!

Betty said...

Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.