Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine-a-thon...Paper Smooches SPARKS: Anything Goes, Freshly Made Sketches #122

Hello!  I hope everyone's been enjoying their Saturday.  Me? Yes - for any number of reasons (pizza night!!) - but mainly because I'm 'this close' to calling it a 'wrap' with the 51 Valentine-a-thon! It's been a busy, busy time in my little corner of the kitchen counter (seriously, I craft in a very confined space between the sink and the fridge...poor me *grin*), and joining me in the busy-ness: my Paper Smooches products.  A whole slew of them...

You've already seen some of my PS Valentine-themed cards here, here and here (plus maybe a couple more tucked away somewhere else - I've lost track. Valentine saturated brains).  Today, I'm sharing the 'rest' of the PS who volunteered to play, and we're heading into this week's SPARKS:  Anything Goes challenge.

Before I set you off gazing: a huge THANK YOU to Kim over at PS: you've made my task of creating 51 Valentines soooo much fun with such a wide array of products that have worked wonderfully in inspiring me to create sweet (or so I think) kids' cards.  They're nothing 'over the moon' amazing, but they're all infused with love!



Fasten your seat belts, as this is a photo heavy post (which is a plus: I'll let the pictures do the talking, rather me with my usual chatter....)

A couple more holsteins to join the herd made earlier...

 Have you noticed...the cows  have ear-rings. Awesome!  Speaking of cows:  have you seen the Dodge Ram Truck commercial aired recently...a man, a truck, a most 'eligible bachelor? If not, do search it out. Hilarious and *romantic*....

A duo of zebras...

 Lovin' the zebra; he has kind of a "Hey, how YOU doing?" expression...

followed by a trio of zebras,


and another twosome.  This pair is heading off to Freshly Made Sketches #122


A quintent of bookmarks (I should have made more of these, in hindsight, as my niece's age group are budding readers. Maybe for her birthday party invitees...and that's a whole 'nother story  to share later).

All the elements are inlaid, so the bookmarks lay flat. This is when a sewing machine would be great to have, to create a pretty stitched edge to join the two layers of paper. Ooops, wait...I don't know how to sew! Failed home ec back in the day (even though my mom did her best to help me with my 'homework'). Still, I could learn...

Whew...that's the Valentine PS gang, ready to be packaged, along with several others and the teachers' cards, and shipped north.  I'm nearly done...and THANK YOU for hanging in there with me!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

17 comments:

Debbie Bonczek said...

These are adorable. Love that little zebra.

Ardyth said...

You're right - these PS critters are perfect for valentines! Love that you stuck with traditional colours - these are sure to bring smiles to 51 faces!

Amy O said...

Look at all these adorable Valentines! That cute zebra is such a fun image for this theme. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Marisa said...

You have been a busy lady!! Those critters are soooo cute :) Well done on all of them :) Off to watch the Canadian Women win gold and silver in the women's moguls!

wienerhoneymooners said...

MY oh MY are you busy, creating again with the cutest ZEBRA, you know if you were closer girl, I would come craft with you and craft with your zebra stamp!!!! Hugz Carol!

Anita in France said...

Just imagine the faces of those little ones who get these fabulous, cute and charming Valentines, Carol ... they're awesome ... as are you for creating them! Happy Sunday, my friend! Anita :)

Dana said...

Oh wow!! I love love love the bookmarks!! Awesome idea to inlay the elements!!

~amy~ said...

busy busy bee! These are absolutely adorable!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!!!! These are all super sweet ! Love your designs! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at SPARKS! Hugs, Karin

Shannon J said...

You are the epitome of perseverance!! First all the Christmas tags, now the Valentine's, and did I read a hint of a birthday invitation project to come?!! And every single one of these little gifts from your heart have been deeeee-lighful, adorable, charming and FUN! The PS images (sweet as can be!) definitely help, but it's your whimsical design, talent, and heart that make these projects AMAZING!! The kids and the adults are going to be squealing when they open these!!

Jen Timko said...

My goodness, these are cute! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Emily Keaton said...

Those zebras are just SO perfect for these Valentines--who knew? But I love each and every design you came up with. Fun, fun, fun!!

Kim Heggins said...

oh my goodness...you simply amazing me! So many fun and fabulous Valentine's, you could put all of those little boxed Valentine's cards out of business...these are so stinkin' fun. I love your bookmark story...so much fun. Home Ec was my favorite class in jr and sr high. I lived in the sewing rooms. Love everything you made...just so sweet.

Sandi said...

Love those zebras. Cute Valentines projects!!!

Greta said...

The zebra cards are just too cute & what wonderful bookmarks! You have become such a talented cardmaker! Love seeing your creations, Carol!

Marlena M. said...

You are AMAZING...I love all of these adorable projects!!!!

Sian Ridley said...

The animal theme is so cute! Those zebra's are just too cute aren't they?! I have to say though, my favourites in the post (although it's close!) are the bookmarks! They are simply WOW! I keep meaning to make myself one but whenever I sit down to do it I can't decide on exactly what I want and so I continue to use an old receipt as a marker! Ridiculous I know! I may have another go today as you have inspired me :)