Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's Your Day...TAWS BE Inspired #47, Simon Monday Challenge:We Love Stamps

Hello,
Stay, please...I promise (pinkie promise, in fact) I don't have yet another Valentine card! Done. with. the. Valentines.  Now, I'm just waiting word to hear they arrived at my brother and sister-in-law's house, safely intact.

Quick share this morning (yes, at work...naughty me) for The Alley Way Stamps: BE Inspired #47 challenge:

I'm feeling light years behind in trends - no splatters or embossing paste, no feathers or stencils (yet), no fancy stamping techniques - just simple little cards.  And I've decided that maybe that *might* be my style for the time being...getting more comfortable with the basics, then moving on, instead of trying to 'accelerate' my process and winding up with a tummy-patting recycle bin.  

So...a 'just me' simple card and, a matching envelope!  Thanks to Shannon's sweet delights here, I was 'reciprocally inspired' (Shannon is soooo often my muse!! Thank you, dear friend, for 'test-driving' new techniques that not only make my day sparkle when you share your outstanding results, but fan sparks to expand my horizons!) to make a mini (or several, as you'll see later) card AND break open my We Are Memory Keepers' envelope punch board.  Shannon called it the best thing ever. I agree!!

Here's my card, and for the first time, I used a wooden triangle embellishment -  thank you, Barb, for sharing these with me - with a yellow rhinestone nestled inside.  As I mentioned, I'm slow on trends, but I arrive at some destinations...eventually.  Three TAWS sets used here: In Stitches, Wish Big, and All About You.  


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!



11 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Super FUN cards :) Love them!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW C, you are just Trend setting for SURE!!! Love all the arrows ans stitches and the lovely maize colors, the wee little wood embellishment and the gem, WOW,I never seen this before (?!!) Cool FANTASTIC!!!!!

Today I am enjoying a 5 day staycation. My boy is off for a mini mid winter break, this Thurs/Fri & Monday. It was so nice to sleep in till 9:30 then make pancakes and bacon together!!!! I need to catch up on some cleaning, and me and the hubby will go to dinner tonite early to celebrate Valentine's Day, and my boy will watch Cloudy with Meatballs 2 with grandma. Today is destined to be glorious. I will prep what I need for DT cards and see what I can get working on, and I am no longer "ahead" of the game on them, I am encroaching on deadlines....which I don't like last minute..sometime I work better this way as I have a chance to see what is currently going on other times I really have a hot idea I must do.. so I never know. Currently though, I feel under the gun. I will go pick up my lovely niece at the airport Saturday and we will do some fun things SAT/SUN & MON.. For now, I am just going to relax for an hour or so catching up on the peeps blogs until I have to clean up..

Have a wonderful week Carol!
Hugz Kimberly

Shannon J said...

Oh sweet Carol!!!! I just LOVE that we are inspiring each other! But WHOA, I can not take one iota of credit for this card - this was all YOU and WHAT a jaw-dropper! This one gets the Olympic GOLD medal, by a landslide!!! And you are SO on trend! Triangles, chevrons, wood veneer, colours...fab-u-lous!!! Simple and perfect (never underestimate the power of simplicity!). Love, LOVE, L-O-V-E it!!!

Marisa said...

No modelling paste, stencils, etc. here either. Let us unite LOL! Darling card - keep them coming and don't worry about all the "in stuff". It eventually goes "out" ;)

Happy Dance said...

Love this Carol! Great focal point on your card...and set of perfectly by your goldie mat. Love the dp too...or did you stamp that? I'm not one for following all the techniques either. Way too out of my comfort zone. Especially not fond of feathers....don't know why. Anyway, this is just wonderful, and a matchy-matchy envelope too. Girl, you're the bomb! Bev

Greta said...

Super trendy--perfectly created!

Kylie said...

For someone who proclaims to be behind on trends, you seem to have nailed a few of them here. lol Seriously, Carol, your card, with matching envelope no less, is perfect. Love everything about it! It is just totally spot on. :)

Sian Ridley said...

I ALWAYS miss trends! Even as a child I was never 'down with the kids' and I don't think I ever will be! The owl trend passed me by, I caught up eventually with the chevron trend albeit after everyone else had moved on, and I only became the proud owner of two feather stamps on Monday on this week...so you are not alone! Sometimes I think it's good to buck trends, it kepps you different and individual ;)

Like you need to follow them anyways...look at this beauty!! I love the lines of this card, the triangular embellishment was a perfect touch to tie the whole thing together and a little sparkle is always an added bonus! This card, in my humble opinion, is perfect ;)

Anita in France said...

I smiled when I read your 'no embossing paste or stencils' (yet) bit, Carol ... me too (although I do have feathers)! Fab card and envelope ... love how the patterns are so perfect together ... and the wooden triangle with the bling ... simply clever, clever, clever! Anita :)

Emma Williams said...

A lovely card, beautiful colours and I adore the fact you chose to also make a matching envelope! Thank you for sharing your project and joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :)

Geri said...

Hey there pal.....don't fix what aint broke! Seriously...you have a fabulous style going - stencils, feathers, paste & poof are not needed! This card is the PERFECT example of this - clean, simple, and fantastic!!! Awesome colors, great design and a perfect wee wooden embellie!

Your keen sense of design and color selection is definitely your forte and it has been working so well for you,,,,so carry on creating what feels right cuz it sure does translate well to paper !!!

Counting the days.....