Friday, February 28, 2014

A Little Celebration...Unscripted Sketches #245, Simply Create Too Challenge #56

Friday already! After another crazy, hectic week at work, the weekend is especially welcome.

I'm doing a wee bit of cheering today:
1. My husband was supposed to travel - again - to work another biathlon competition, in Hinton, just east of the scenic mountain town of Jasper, this weekend.  Frigid weather forecasts, however, compelled the organizers to reschedule the event, so my husband will be staying home.  It's been a while since he's had a weekend off.  Yayyy....

2.  The same Arctic-like temperatures (okay, slight exaggeration) are predicted for here, as well. We're expecting -37C tonight and tomorrow night, with highs reaching to a balmy -25C during the day. Ick, BUT freezing cold outside gives me a perfect excuse to craft.  Yayyy x 2....

3. My now-staying-at-home husband has a paper to write for a Leadership course he's taking, which means he'll be soooo focused on writing, revising, more writing for submission Saturday by midnight (yes, we do share similar last minute tendencies...) that I'll have no one distracting me while crafting.  Yayyy x 3....

Those little causes for celebration made me think of four-leaf clovers, and since I have a teeny one in my stash, I got to creating...

My mini's layout was inspired by Unscripted Sketches #245,

and since I'm using NBUS, I'm entering into Simply Create Too Challenge #56:  Shop In Your Stash.


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Darling use or the sektch. Love the shamrock in the medallion and that fun paper. Sounds like you have a perfect weekend ahead of you - I'm jealous LOL! Mind you I am NO jealous of your temperatures!! Tell hubby, that's why we live in BC and pay the taxes LOL! Enjoy!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh how utterly adorably cute, this wee little shamrock!! Super dots!! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketched !!

Love it C!

Kim Heggins said...

oh this is just too cute...I love your four leaf clover and the way it shines on your card, so sweet. Thank you so much for playing along with Simply Create Too!

Anita in France said...

So sweet, Carol ... great way to frame the four leaf clover! Have a fun together-ish weekend! Hugs, Anita :)

Shannon J said...

Woot Woot! Celebrations x3!!! Making the four leaf clover is the perfect choice for your card!! I just love it when a sweet element can bring so much shimmer, sparkle and fun to a card! Just like the shamrock does here! The mix of elegance and fun is total perfection!!! Enjoy your weekend with your sweet hubs at home (even if he's going to be busy, it's nice to have him close!), craft til your heart's content and um, arctic temps is NOT an exaggeration...brrrrrrrrr!!! Bundle up and stay warm!!!

Joni Andaya said...

So Awesome!!!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Carol: Your card is beautiful!! Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Rebecca Ednie said...

What a good idea to use a medallion for the circle! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

Geri said...

This is sooooo cool! The polka dot paper is bang-on perfect with the medallion...as is in the punched out circles in each petal/blade/arm/....what the heck would it be called? Whatever...they look great together!

The lucky four leaf clover will bring riches to the recipient and create reason for a celebration! Awesome idea!

Dana said...

Oh so cute!! I love the rosette!! Sorry about the temps!! Winter is not going anywhere soon!!

Kylie said...

Hooray x3! And I will throw in another hooray for your audience as we will all benefit from your creativity when you post your creations. Yay! Your weather though....not so yay! Hope the weather warms up very, very soon.

Your card is great! Love the shades of green and the design of the sketch. The little petal holding up the clover looks so cute. Another beauty!

Life and Knits said...

Super cute! And yay for Un-destracted crafting!! LOL!!!

Susie

Kanan Pandya said...

What a beautiful card, I love your rosette!! Lovely design.

Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too. Join us again soon. :-)