Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mini Envelope & Forever...The Paper Poppy: February Sketch, Simon Monday Challenge: Love Notes, Simon Wednesday Challenge: Have a Heart

Happy Saturday!

Do you hear, if you tilt your head 'just so', a distance noise, rolling over the prairies, echoing off mountains, rallying through hills and valleys?  It's me, cheering and applauding that the 16 cards for my niece and nephew's day-care teachers is a wrap!  Woo hoooo!!! My exuberance to celebrate 'completion' is a tad premature, however, as I still have the classmates' cards to finish, and the pressure's on, as they need to be mailed by Monday!  Eek!  I'll be sharing a few later (be warned *grin*).

The two 'finales' are, once again, mini envelopes (space for a teacher-treat).   They're both heading to
Simon Monday Challenge: Love Notes 

and Simon Wednesday Challenge: Have a Heart

The first, however, is off to a new-to-me challenge, over at a new-to-me site, owned and operated - and filled with dazzling delights -  by Laura Davis, called A Day in the Life of A Paper Poppy (see: artistry in action even in her blog's title).  How exactly I landed in Laura's place, escapes me...a wander around blogland to some of my familiar sites, a click on an entry, a meander here, a jaunt there, and suddenly, there I was.  From what I've seen, Laura is one snappy, snazzy crafter, so please, do go visit!

Laura offers monthly challenges, and although my little tidbit doesn't hold a candle to the entries already submitted (Chupa being one. 'nuff said), I figured out a way to 'small scale' the sketch and I 'think' it works okay.  Fingers crossed Laura will agree.  



followed by my mini...

and my other mini (the Simon Challenges only dude)


Off to work on some kid Valentines...back later!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!





11 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Oh C (which is what I call my daughter by the way) your takes on my sketch are wonderful, I loooove your mini envelopes too sweet! Also thanks for all the kind comments, lol I love that I'm a snazzy crafter. :)
Laura

Greta said...

Oh wow--I do adore that first card, Carol--just my style & colors! Is that a Lil Inker's heart die? Thinking it's a must-have for me!

Shannon J said...

Ah, you see, these are EXACTLY why I am SO inspired by your minis!! Eeeeek!! I LOVE these so much! Perfect for the teachers - totally whimsical, but have just enough "adult" flair! Just love all of the dies you used (you were SO right about dies - SO.MUCH.FUN!!), especially the itty bitty heart you used to seal up the baby envie die! Adorable!! Woot woot WOOT on almost being finished!!!!!!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a pair of envelopes! So fun and ones I would never put in the recycle. So much fabulous detail too! You are amazing my dear!

Anita in France said...

Cute, cute, cute, Carol ... these are so sweet and fun ... and with such fab detailing! Congratulations on getting all those Valentines done ... hope the rest are coming along beautifully! Enjoy, my friend! Anita :)

Kylie said...

Congratulations, Carol, on completing stage one of your Valentine's cards. What a fantastic achievement! Good luck with Stage 2! :) These are beautiful too. Talented lady! :)

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie I just Love these!! all of them and I am so green with envy I am waiting not patiently for that Zebra to come to the uk, I love the Zebra ones the very best :0)))) hugs Pops x

Dana said...

Oh so cute!! I love your design with the dies and paper!! Congrats on getting a lot of valentines done!!

Meihsia Liu said...

These are such beautiful creations. Love those layers of cute embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Melissa Bove said...

These are super sweet!! Love them both!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Sandi said...

Love the envelopes. Great take on Laura's sketch.