Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Butterfly Thank You...Less Is More #153: Winter Blues, Simon Says: Something New, CAS(E) this Sketch #58, Simon Monday Challenge: Blues

Hello!

Whew, the return to work - all two days so far - is requiring some adjusting.  My crafting time has been dramatically reduced, however, it's nice to be back with my colleagues and students.  The close of semester 1 is nearing, along with final exams and the 'much anticipated' (not necessarily in a good way), provincial exams for Grade 12 students.  How fortunate I was that those particular exams were in hiatus when I was in high school many, many years ago. They were revived about two years after I was done, so I missed the extra anxiety that comes with such high stakes testing.  I just experienced my 'regular' anxiety, which pretty much tips the scale at high on any given day...

My husband is on his way to my parents' this evening, to attend another meeting addressing the indoor velodrome track being built in Edmonton.  It's a there-and-back trip and as much as I would love to be his travel companion, the scheduling of his work and mine didn't mesh.  That's okay...Uncle A can deliver Aunty C's cards to my little sweetheart niece and nephew, and I loaded up his luggage with extra helpings of hugs and smooches!

Okay, time to show you a card.  Are you sitting down, because something 'most unusual' has occurred, as it sometimes does here at just me: c.  My card
 a) is quite cas,
 b) is heading to a couple of colour challenges (shocking, that) and features four colours of ink (nope, no newcomers to the stash - yet. Rather, I cleaned up those my niece typically plays with and discovered that I quite like them! Looks like we're going to have to share for a while...),
c) uses new products from Clearly Besotted (oh yes, that love affair of CB is still going strong), and
d) has only ONE die cut, which is pretty minimal for me (although I did cut said die 6 times to create a chipboard effect.

My Butterfly Thank You is fluttering off to Less is More #153 (I don't qualify for this one very often, so yayyyy!!) Winter Blues




Aren't those butterflies sweet...and they come with dies, too!  Swoon...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!



21 comments:

Marisa said...

I don't think Provincials existed when I was in HS LOL! My poor daughter has all three of hers this semester (10th grade ones). Had to giggle about having to share with your neice. Some dollar stores have some mini ink pads that may work too ;) LOVE butterflies so loving this and the die cut you is fabulous! Well done all round :)

Greta said...

Darling little butterflies & I really like the You die--think I need one like that! Always hard returning to work after some time off, but the weekend is coming!

Anita in France said...

So beautifully CAS, Carol ... fresh, crisp and with that fantastic dimensional 'you' ... not to mention all that glorious white space! Wishing you a happy rest-of-the-week back to work! Anita :)

Sian Ridley said...

Ooh! Beautiful!! I love this! The die cut 'you' is the perfect finishing touch-gorgeous! You know , you could also enter this into the Addicted To CAS challenge as their requirements are to use a die cut ;)

I hope hubby had a good trip and it's such a shame that you couldn't join him, but at least it was goo for us as it meant you had a chance to make this beauty! ;) every cloud.... ;)

I hope the weather is improving somewhat for you guys, it's all over the news here at the moment...it looks terrible :(

Dana said...

Wow this is fabulous! Perfect CAS card!mlove it!!

Laura Sterckx said...

Fun card! The butterflies look very pretty! This is CAS perfection! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Lynne said...

Super card.
Lynne xxx

Unknown said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!! I just love the butterflies and your CAS design is just perfect :)

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is lovely! So nice to see butterflies instead of snowflakes on this cold wintery day!

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh how lovely is this Carol!! Those blue butterflies are stunners! I love the "you" die too! Beautiful blue butterflies on such a cold winter's day! Perfect CAS card!!

Happy Dance said...

Really gorgeous! And it's not the typical "Carol" card, it still has your magic in it! Love the layered "you", and those butterflies are so sweet! Once you get back in the swing of things, it will be easier to craft in those shorter periods of time. Always nice to come and see what beauty you've made! : ) Bev

Geri said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your clean & simple design! The patterned papers are so pretty that anything more would definitely be stealing their thunder! Perfectly balanced elements! Awesome idea to stamp the "thank" and use a die cut for the "you". Creative and clever touches like this is what ALWAYS make your cards stand out in a gallery! The stitched mat....fabulous canvass for this pretty creation!

( we never had provincial exams either...PHEW x 1,000,000,000......)

Shannon J said...

Ubba ubba ubba (that's me not being able to speak because my mouth is hanging open at how AMAZING this card is!!!). Whoa!!! Seriously, this is CAS perfection. Like Geri and Ardyth league CAS!!! Absolutely perfect. My favourite part...the "you", smack dab in the perfect place. I just can't stop using that word...perfect - because it is!!! Note coming tomorrow :)

Mrs A. said...

Butterflies my favourite embellishment and I like how you have used the die cut 6 times to produce the thick wording. I forgot to say that I looked up C.C. Benison on Amazon. His 12 days of Christmas books do look good. Have to see if they do them on my ipad to down load. hugs Mrs A.

~amy~ said...

Oh your CAS card is wonderful!

Marlena M. said...

This is a beautiful card Carol~I love the way you interpreted the sketch! Oh, you have blessed me today with so many encouraging comments and visits~thank you friend! ;)

Marybeth said...

Simply beautiful! Yes I think those butterflies are sooo pretty and I like the way your stamped and used a die.wonderful CAS card!
So nice when cards can be hand delivered, especially when they are on the bulky side.

Chrissy Larson said...

Simply wonderful! I love the dimension on the "you".

Chrissie said...

This is just great Carol!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kim Heggins said...

I can feel your pain...this was my first week back to work after being off for 2 and my crafting time has been dramatically reduced, no fun but I did miss all the little rug rats so I won't complain too much. What a sweet thank you card! I love your adorable little butterflies, so cute.

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card! Love the blue patterns on your butterflies. Lovely design! Glad you joined in the challenge with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.