Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy *Birth* Day...TAWS Birthday Celebration, Retro sketches #97, Just Us Girls #223

Hello,

Quick dash this morning!  TAWS is celebrating their 3rd birthday, and we've been invited to join in the fun.


 Because I love my mini card and envelope die pairing, and my TAWS Priceless Joy elephant, I created cards to celebrate the most important birthday of all:  *birth* day.  Layout inspiration for these little babies comes from Retro sketches #97,



and my wee ellies are paper pieced, so we're heading to Just Us Girls #223: Technique Challenge


Set 1

Set 2


and the gang...


Velcro fasteners are on my shopping list, so please forgive the paperclips; they're just temporary closures for the photo shoots.

NOTE:  So excited to be selected as the Birthday Winner at TAWS! THANK YOU!!!

My husband is off for his bike ride, so after a whirl wind houseclean/laundry stint, I'm crafting!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!


16 comments:

Marisa said...

Looky at your using trendy sequins and all ;) Darling elli and thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls :)

Anita in France said...

Awww, so cute, Carol ... the heart being blown out from the elephant's trunk is so charming and sweet ... and I love those yummy coloured sequins! Happy crafting, my friend! Anita :)

Dana said...

Oh my!! These are so darn cute!! I just love these little mini cards!!

Geri said...

These are priceless Carol! Beyond cutie patootie! Another fabulous 'set' of cards complete with a sweet wee envy! The colors of sequins, the patterns and colors of the papers, the image and the curved edges are so totally Baby, Baby, Baby!

I don't know about you, but for some reason I always prefer baby cards to be smaller than a regular card. Just seems to be more appropriate ... a sweet wee card for a sweet wee baby!

Can hardly wait for our coffee date! YAY

Sharyn Polesel said...

What sweet little cards! I love your paper pieced elephants and hearts! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

I am a huge elephant fan! Love your cards! Thanks for joining us this time at Just Us Girls...hope to see you again!

Greta said...

You make the cutest cards, my friend--love your work!

Shannon J said...

Eeeeek! Could these BE any more adorable?!! Nope!! No way, no how!!! Love everything! I mean, who could not fall completely, madly in love with that ellie, and the papers you used to dress the two of them up are just so sweet! And that envie/card combo again - gah! LOVE! Good thing they don't have cheeks because I could not stop pinching them!!! Sweet as can be, Carol!!!

Anita in France said...

Carol ... you won, you won at TAWS ... yay! Congratulations, my friend ... enjoy! Anita :)

~amy~ said...

oh my, these are ADORABLE!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are the cutest!!! I LOVE the shape of these and the envelopes! Fabulous work, and thanks for joining us for the TAWS birthday challenge!
Lisa

June Houck said...

These are super sweet! I love the coordinating envies too :)

Kim Heggins said...

So fun and congrats on your big win over at TAWS!!!! I was so excited to see your amazing cards.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Oh my, those little elephants are adorable with the paper piecing! Love the shaped edge and fold on the card. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Ca-uteness! I love the colors and the sequins. you are becoming a challenge junkie I see, and I like! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

This image is perfect for the pp technique! Adorable cards - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!