Sunday, January 19, 2014

Delicate Thanks...Colour Me Challenge #3, ABNH: New Year, New Stash, Seize the Sketch #11

Hello,
I was up *relatively* early today, bustling about most of the morning and into the afternoon, cleaning, grocery shopping (ick!), making pizza dough, dealing with laundry, "swiffering" the floors, dusting - essentially, catching up on a few neglected tasks before my husband came home this evening. I had craft-time figured in, along with some posting time, specifically for the card I made for Seize the Sketch #11.


 In the midst of my buzzing-frenzy, Mr. Linky closed; 9 pm apparently was 9 am.  Note to self: read carefully, check twice!

My card is perhaps one of the most 'delicate' I've made, striving as I am to 'try' to explore more colour-themed challenges this year.  The one on my radar is a new one - Colour Me - with a most intriguing premise that changes weekly.  You can read about it here.  This week, at CMCC #3,  the invitation is to create using three subtle, soft, serene colours:  light pink, light yellow, light grey. (Isn't that a dreamy kitchen? Want...big want.)

I gave it a go, using what I have...and the 'what I have' included a new ink (yayyy...more coming soon), from Memento, called Angel Pink, some new "New Beginnings" paper from Webster's Pages, AND some new glue!  New Year, New Stash - that's the current challenge at A Blog Named Hero, so heading that way, too.

Here's my card...the 'light grey'was a bit of an issue, as I only have London Fog, which is a bit 'more' than subtle, so I only used it on a little image. The background honeycomb of the patterned paper is a light grey...very subtle *grin*...


Thanks for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!






22 comments:

Geri said...

Stunning simplicity! You could not have picked a better backdrop for the finely dressed butterflies than this! It provides a subtle anchor without detracting from the images or the sentiment! The bling...perfectly placed to balance the elements! Absolutely gorgeous card Carol!

Grocery shopping....quadruple "ick".... Swiffering - absolutely, until we start sticking to the floor...then it is time for Mr. Clean!

karen h said...

So pretty! Great use of the colors & sketch together!

Katie Melhus said...

Love that you're challenging yourself to expand, I still feel the same way about color challenges, they definitely make me think harder and stretch my crafting muscles so to speak! You did a great job here, I love the sentiment, those butterflies and especially the sequins and that subtle background is great! Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me.!

Greta said...

This is adorable, Carol! Love the background & your beautiful butterflies! I don't think your gray is too dark, but remember, you can always stamp off once if you want a lighter shade.

Dana said...

Fabulous!! Love the colors and how you used them on your card!! Awesome!

Life and Knits said...

So beautiful!!! I love the patterned paper butterflies...such a nice touch!!

Susie

~amy~ said...

absolutely lovely and delicate!

Shannon J said...

Perfect!! Just perfect! Soft, pretty, simple yet elegant. Beautifully accented with the sparkly sequins and that honeycomb pattern is the most fabulous backdrop! A classic beauty!!! Now, I'm off to get some cleaning done...and by that I mean, make a card - ha ha!! Five minutes before my husband comes home I will tidy up by throwing a few things under the bed and *pretend* I have been cleaning *all* day!! :)

Mrs A. said...

Thank you for such kind comments on my cards. They are much appreciated.
I'm loving the colours on your card. I go for the dreaming delicates if given a choice. Hugs Mrs a.

Anita in France said...

Subtle, soft, delicate, fluttery ... soooo pretty and feminine, Carol ... and such a fabulous balance of these lovely colours! You had me smiling ... I had the same conversation with myself about the London Fog ink! Yours works beautifully with the Angel Pink and that lovely buttery yellow! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

What an amazing take on this sketch and color palette...so out of the box and so beautiful too!

Emily Keaton said...

Such a beauty! Great CAS design, and I'm loving those colors :)

Cindy Lovell said...

This card is SO beautiful Carol!! I love the background and the pretty butterflies!!Beautiful job...as always my sweet friend!! :)

Sian Ridley said...

This is so very delicate, it's beautiful! I am still loving the butterflies too ;) this card wins for me! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE the background honeycombs and the sweet butterflies ;) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me…!, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww..what a treat to read your blog FABULOUS and Funny! Your card is Wonderful and Beautiful! So love the colors you used on your card. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet note, nice to meet you :)

Happy Dance said...

Totally, totally love this! Am just now catching up a bit... Saw this earlier, but only now getting to comments. Love the bit of honeycomb dp you've used. Those flutterbys are just darling. What a great card. Love this, seriously love this. Bev

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love how you combined these colors. I JUST missed the deadline on this one :(

~Tammy~ said...

Your exploration proved to be a success! Love the way you combined the colors! Gorgeous!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is very pretty! I love the soft colors!

Marlena M. said...

This is so beautiful Carol! I struggle with the right grey too...sometimes I can get a subtle grey with an offstamping too~only if the image holds the color long enough for a second round...

Michelle Lupton said...

So gorgeous!!