Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On the *fence* thanks...CAS(E) this Sketch #59

Hello,
My post will be quick - sort of - for three reasons:
1.  blogger is being persnickety, now with my posts as well as my comments. Hello, Blogger people...help!!
2.  the linky for the challenge I'm entering is near to closing, and
3.  another proofreading/editing job has come my way...yayyy!! I so enjoy these opportunities to re-enter the world of academia, especially because I can do my thing, learn something in the process, send the completed paper back to the researcher/student , then walk away.  No research required on my part (aside from a visit or two to figure out MLA or APA citation rules. Eek), no writing papers, no going to class, no beyond-belief stress.  It's a nice little part-time gig.  My last edit job was the pre-Christmas 300 page thesis, for a Ph.D. student in Sociology; the current one sees me entering the field of Chemical Engineering (how cool is that!!  My dad's a retired Engineer, of the Civil ilk...), where I'm learning about "Rheological and electrical percolation of polystyremen compositives filled with polyaniline-coated multiwall carbon and nanotubes." Yes, yes indeed...good thing I'm on the 'style and mechanics' side of things, because wow, if I had to suggest revisions to content, we'd all be hooped.  I'd likely cause nanotubes to be where they oughtn't.

Anyway, enough percolation here; time to move on...
My card today is heading to CAS(E) This Sketch #59


I've made a simple smallish-sized card, using my PS Quotes and thanks dies, as well as two newcomers to my collection: Uniko Butterflies.  Is it possible to have 'too many' butterfly stamps and dies?  I say no...These are amazing, and with more practice, I plan on making them stunning, as they deserve to be. Wink of Stella glitter - need it now...



Back to reading...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!




17 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

Wow! That little 'part time gig' you've got sounds really interesting!! I want to do that! I love to learn, especially about things I wouldn't necessarily think to research myself...it's a trait I inherited from my grandad...he was nosy too! ;)

This card is a little cutie! Do you know...I only own ONE butterfly stamp?! Just one! And not a die to be seen...I will have to rectify that at some point! Your use of butterflies lately is really inspiring - aren't they just so versatile!? ;)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely C!! I love this lots, love a FRESH take on the challenge!!!!
This is so FRESH it hurts!!!

Lovin' it!

Anita in France said...

An old wooden door with delightful butterflies settled on it, gently warming themselves in the warm sunshine ... how delicious, Carol ... feeling spring-like already! Enjoy the discoveries you're making with the editing! Anita :)

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful and congrats on your new job too! how exciting!

Emily Keaton said...

Such a sweet card – I just love that thanks die! Congrats on your proofing gig!! I live my professional life as a freelancer, and I know it's always a happy day when a new project presents itself. :-)

Dana said...

Love your 'smallish' shaped card!! Those are awesome butterflies!! Have fun reading!! :)

Shannon J said...

1. Dumb blogger!
2. Hurry, hurry, this baby is going to be a stand out in the gallery
3. You are a better person than I...I can't imagine getting past the first sentence!!
And your card - LOVE IT!!! Oh do I ever! The orange and blue on that beautiful rustic background is incredible! Why, oh why did I not order *that* die?!! Grrr!!! And those butterflies are just so pretty! Another FAB design, Carol!!! Hope you're having an awesome day!!

Happy Dance said...

I like your take on this dissertation -- none of the research and work, just grammar and the like...perfect way to stay within the bounds of academia! And a very cool card too!! Sweet barn board paper and darling butterflies. I can highly recommend WoS too -- great stuff, not expensive, and a million uses. It would be perfect on butterfly wings....Have a good one. Bev

Greta said...

I do admire your ability to proof read, Carol. Thought I was pretty good in English, but that I could not do! No, never too many butterflies & I love these you've added to your collection & used for this lovely card!

Chrissy Larson said...

Great idea with the butterflies! Your card is adorable. Blogger has been persnickety for me also. I wonder what's up...

Geri said...

The brilliant pop of orange and the gorgeous shades of blue is a STUNNING combo! But what makes this combo even more AMAZING is the label shaped barn barn board card!!! Another example of your creative talent!

Butterflies and barn board are definitely meant to be together! Another winning entry!

Congrats on scoring another proofreading gig! I really admire your enthusiastic approach to this current task! I'm sure that I would have thrown in the towel after the first 10 letter word! You go girl! The way I figure it is this: one more gig = some extra moola = more craft stuff !

Darnell said...

You're so clever, Carol! "On the fence ...!" Very good and very good on the fence designing! Beautiful butterflies! Enjoy the new read and the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Erm, I can just about get my head round the speed of light and Nano seconds so gladly leave the rest to you. Good luck with your reading. In answer to your question when it comes to Butterflies no you can never have too many stamps, dies, papers, topers, ribbon, sentiments, cards. You name it I've probably got it!! I love your take on the sketch. I made a card very similar for a swap a while back. hugs Mrs A.

Kim Heggins said...

So cute...Love your fence card and those butterflies are fabulous too. Congrats on your proofreading gig too, so fun for you!

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness, that's like a foreign language to me! I read it to my science loving son, to try to impress him. I don't think it worked because I think I pronounced it all wrong! haha! Anyway, I can handle the card. It's lovely! I love the wood background and those butterflies are lovely! And yes, I agree, you can never have too many butterfly stamps and dies!! :)

Wida said...

ok 1. you leave the best comments 2. I love your color combo and use of patterned paper 3. you can NEVER have too many butterflies, feathers, yes, butterflies no!

Unknown said...

beautiful! i love woodgrain paired with bright colors like these. ya rocked it!