Friday, January 10, 2014

Chalkboard Valentine...Mojo Monday #327, The Paper Players #177: Chalkboard Technique

Hello once again!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have some catching up to do before I jump into what I'm hoping will be a weekend of crafting, along with a few interruptions.  We might cross-country ski on Sunday...and oh, I'll be a hurting unit if that happens!  Still, the weather looks promising, and the scenery where we go - near Lake Louise, along the Great Divide trail - is spectacular.  My mittens, toque and long johns are ready...

 The Paper Players #177 challenge invites the chalkboard technique


and while it's far from being one I've mastered, I decided to give it another go, using a small slate.  Mojo Monday #327 offered the sketch inspiration, as did Marisa's card here.  The grey border was such a special touch, so...I replicated with a version of my own.


Hmm...the white hearts, in real life, are quite pretty, but not so much in the photo, it seems (Wink of Stella pen to the rescue).  Red hearts, while tempting, just didn't work with the dp patterns/colours. Another, with red hearts, is certainly on the agenda.

NOTE:  I missed the Paper Players linky by 'that much'.  See what happens when I dither. Yeesh!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!




9 comments:

LeAnne said...

So sorry you missed the deadline, but this is a perfectly lovely card. I just love pink & black! Hope you come back again soon....Sunday will be a color challenge from ME! Thanks for (almost) playing with the Players!! LOL!

Marisa said...

Love this. Great chalkboard and loving the postage stamp frame! Way to use the heart dies too. Good luck if you go cross country skiing. Such a beautiful area!! Stop and look at the scenery if you need a break wink, wink :)

Nance Leedy said...

Oh so sorry! Your card is so pretty--that sentiment is lovely and perfect for the chalkboard look. Glad you shared it with us in the comments anyway--do come back for another one! Cheers

Shannon J said...

Um, chalkboard perfection! I need you to teach me how to do this. I can not for the life of me get it to look right! Yours on the other hand, fabulous! And framed beautifully with that pretty pink paper - it really makes the white embossing pop off of the chalkboard! Add the hearts, the design, the papers - yup, all teaming up to create another amazing card! Love it! Have fun cross country skiing - bundle up and enjoy nature at its best!!!

Greta said...

I love the white hearts--beautiful Valentine! We haven't gone skiing in years, but I did love the scenery even though I was never in that good a shape! Snap a few pictures if you go--still haven't made it to Lake Louise.

~amy~ said...

You know how much I adore the chalkboard technique! this is wonderful!

Anita in France said...

The white hearts are fabulous against the other colours and patterns, Carol ... and that's another awesome sentiment, beautifully embossed on the chalkboard panel! Happy ski-ing ... what a joy to live near such stunning beauty! Anita :)

Dana said...

Uh valentines and chalkboard technique! Why didn't I think of that? I love love this!! I hope you are getting crafty this weekend!!

Geri said...

A resounding YES as well from me...the white hearts and chalkboard are so meant to be together! And, I'd also like to say that it would appear that you have definitely got a handle on this new technique....it looks AWESOME! It really is too bad that you missed the deadline because this card was guaranteed a red ribbon!