Friday, January 10, 2014

Framed Hearts....Unscripted Sketches #238

Happy Friday!

Excitement plus today, because my order from Kraftin' Kimmie's - a new to me discovery, with the bonus that she's based in Canada - arrived!  In record time; cheering Canada Post!!  Her recent Boxing Day sale was amazing, and I took full advantage to invite several packages of patterned paper (including some from EP, MME and Pebbles that were sold out elsewhere) to join my stash. They all graciously accepted.  The Valentine's papers, in particular, are wonderful; I'm excited to hoard use them soon, after I flip through, gazing in admiration. They are yummy!  Kimmy also carries a wide variety of stamps, well worth scoping out -  in fact, she's the sponsor for the current Seize the Sketch challenge - and her customer service is impressive!

As much as I want to dive into the new goodies, assignments await completion.  Until they're done, no distractions; no touching the new papers; no alphabetizing them in with the others (that happens later, anyway, after I've kept them out, close at hand for a while).  Time to post the cards I've made, a goal I intended to fulfill last night, but when I looked at my photos, I decided nope! Too much 'sepia' happening. Today, a mad rush home from work (early dismissal...), took some daylight-ish photos, and here I am...

Here, I'm sharing my card for Unscripted Sketches #238; a wonderful sketch for playing with - at the time - my one set of Valentine's themed papers, from EP, "Love Story", along with some stamps and dies from MCT.



I'm waiting for a Wink of Stella pen (ordered...) and then those heart-creating hands
 will receive some sparkle as a special touch. 

Off to post Assignment 2...

Thanks so much for dropping by;  your visit and comments are so appreciated!





7 comments:

Shannon J said...

Woot woot for happy mail! Such amazing, incredible self-discipline you are displaying. I need some of that!! I'm not sure I could show any restraint whatsoever! I'd be tearing in the second those new papers were in my hot little hands! Hmmm, but maybe not if I had these GORGEOUS papers in my existing stash - OH MY AWESOMENESS! Each one of those papers just compliments all of the others so well! Jjust the right amount used, leaving the perfect amount of white space behind. LOVE the stamps too - that heart-in-hand is so on trend and the sentiment is just so sweet!

Greta said...

Great use of that sketch, Carol! Gotta get my hands on a Wink of Stella pen.

Dana said...

Awesome valentine card!! Love how you layered everything!! Esp love the postage frame!!

~amy~ said...

yahoo for happy mail! fabulous card!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Carol, what layering ... a rather sophisticated collage look! I adore that sentiment ... so perfect with the hearts! Hugs, Anita :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the hands making a heart. So cute! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

Geri said...

Carol...this layering is PERFECT!!!! Your flair at combining patterned papers absolutely SHINES in this card. Your REALLY have to do more of this technique! A beautifully balanced design with lots of yummy white space = collage perfection!