Saturday, January 18, 2014

Big Bloom Thanks...Paper Smooches SPARKS: Picture Perfect, Fusion Card Challenge #2, Simon Says Monday Challenge: Anything Goes, ABNH #36: New Year, New Stash

Hello,
A quiet day on the home-front, as my husband is away for meetings once again; this time in his role as the president of our provincial cycling association.  The Board members meet today to discuss topics relevant to the organization's operation and governance; tomorrow, the Racing Committee meets, to deal with the nuts and bolts, or rather, the spokes and pedals, of things race-oriented.  Hard to believe that a new season of bike racing is on the horizon; hard to believe that I'm quite, quite, quite excited to play bike-race official once again! I'm hoping my husband will race more, especially as a new lean and light racing machine is at the ready.  It's actually quite a pretty bike, I must say: white and gold. Snazzy and 'almost' blingy...

Speaking of 'new' things, I played with a couple of my own 'brand news' today.  Despite spending several hours crafting (when left on my own, the 'predictable' happens...), I don't have a lot to show for my efforts. The recycle bin, however, is happily patting its tummy.  A couple cards did emerge, finally, once I decided that simple is just hunky-dory okay.

My entry here is for Paper Smooches: SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge,  (which yes, I found challenging)



Fusion #2 (just the photo), 
 
                 


Here's my card:  sometimes all you need is just a "Big Bloom"...(and maybe some "proper" grey cardstock or ink, however, the 'fence' patterned paper I used for Thanks kind of works as a Fusion tie-in). 


Lighting is wonky-ish again; in real life, it's rather cutesy...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!








18 comments:

Dana said...

So cute!! I love the pop uped flowr and the wood thanks!!

Anita in France said...

You're right, Carol, sometimes all you need is a big bloom, especially when the paper bin is happy and content! And this is such a lovely big bloom ... sunny and bright, fab ombré and perfectly paired with the texture-y sentiment! Bon dimanche! Anita :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very pretty thank you card, the CAS design is lovely as is the layered flower. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Shannon J said...

I had one of *those* days yesterday in my craft room! So many new goodies - so why, WHY would nothing work?! And bam, here you are, with a perfect, very timely reminder - simplicity is very often all you need. I should KNOW this!! Why is it so easy to forget that?! I really need to practice what I preach!! And as if the advice wasn't enough to set me straight, THAT AWESOME, SIMPLY PERFECT card is proof positive that simple WORKS!! I LOVE it, Carol! It is sweet as can be! Huge smile on my face!!

~amy~ said...

super pretty...love the design! Excellent multi-tasking on the challenges too!

Kay Miller said...

Now that is just simply adorable! I love the big yellow layered flower! I think it looks wonderful just there with the "thanks"! The colors are fabulous too! Glad you got some time to do the predictable :) I'm pretty predictable that way too ;)

Sian Ridley said...

In my humble opinion...I think the fence grey paper works better than a plain grey would have - I'd say that was a blessing in disguise!

I am in exactly the same boat as...albeit on the other side of the pond! I have had pretty much all week to myself to craft to my hearts content however, nothing has happened! I tried and tried to make something with the gorgeous fusion inspiration but to no avail :( you on the other hand have come up with a fantastic card...I wish my failed attempts looked as fabulous as yours do!!! ;)

Geri said...

You nailed every element! I LOVE the barn board paper - it totally works with the layered blooms and with the inspiration photo, which seems to be a bit of elegance in the rosettes to a bit of college football sweater with the letter "C" which in my books, translates to barn board and pretty flowers working 100%

wienerhoneymooners said...

It is excellent, and lovely bright sunny colors!! Perfect for paper Smooches!

Greta said...

Love that big bloom, Carol--beautiful card!

Sue McRae said...

Very cheery big flower! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH Carol! This is a gorgeous card-- I LOVE the simplicity and yet it has so much detail in that flower and the pattern of the die cut word! LOVE LOVE LOVE your use of these colors! THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge- hope you play along this week (Anything Goes)!!!

ps… hope your husband's meeting went well!

ps2…. send me your address! Your birthday card is STILL sitting on my desk!

Emily Keaton said...

Had to smile at the image of your recycling bin patting its tummy!!!! This card is sweet, simple, and perfectly lovely :)

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! I love the subtle, delicate feel. A CAS stunner!

Michelle said...

Very cute, Carol! A lovely CAS take on the Fusion Challenge. I love the paper you used for your sentiment. Thanks for joining in the fun at Fusion!

Laura Davis said...

Darling!
Laura

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous focal point and colors~yes, in this case a big bloom does the trick! You did a great job combining these challenges~

Sindhu said...

Cute card! Love the CAS design!
Thanks for joining us at Fusion!