Thursday, January 2, 2014

Love You To Pieces (x3)...TAWS #44, Unscripted Sketches #237, CAS(E) this Sketch #58, Freshly Made Sketches #117

Hello,

I'm slowly, slowly working on shifting direction from my extensive Christmas-themed creations (the 90 tags were so much fun to create and so effervescently received by my sweet sister-in-law), yet, in a twist of irony, the inspiration for my three cards features a Christmas themed image. Yes, I'm talking about TAWS BE Inspired #44 here, with this delightful photo:


I haven't played with TAWS challenges for far too long - something I intend to remedy this year - so this was a 'must' do.  Alas, I also don't have any TAWS Christmas-themed stamps (again, something I plan to remedy, especially with the wonderful sale going on in celebration of TAWS' 3rd birthday), but I did receive some charming new stamps - In Stitches and Pieces - which I just *had* to use. They are, quite simply, cuteness, plus!!  My inspiration comes primarily from the colours in the photo, and they all have a similar theme:  love you to pieces.  As I mentioned in my previous post, my camera was left behind at my parents', so I'm using my husband's camera on his Android phone. Yeesh, but my tech-savviness needs some attention (I still use - mainly as an alarm clock - an old-fashioned flip-top phone..), so this device = learning curve for me.  Forgive wonkiness...

Because I'm 'helpless' without a sketch to guide me, each card is also linked to a challenge of that nature.
Card 1 is TAWS + Freshly Made Sketches #117


Card 2 is TAWS + Unscripted Sketches #237


Card 3 is TAWS + CAS(E) this Sketch #58





And now, since you're here (so appreciated!), a little something I think is super adorable. My niece is learning to print her name (she could type it quite a while ago):


A big T, followed by a nestled in big E, and then, who knew that the legs of the E would be perfect for two s's (okay, squiggles that are meant to be s's) and a rather well shaped A?  TESSA...I think it's artistic (but then again, I'm Aunty C biased...)

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

22 comments:

Shannon J said...

Oh Carol, these are simply the sweetest cards ever!!! Seriously, I love them (to pieces!!!)!!! Hearts, sweetness, total awwww factor - SO up my alley! You have made this set shine! I think Ali is going to be over the moon when she sees these babies in the gallery! And OMG, Miss T's artistically printed name...I think she's going to be following in Aunty C's footsteps in the creativity department!!! Just SO sweet!!!

~amy~ said...

Awwww...all your cards are wonderful! So very fun and sweet!
Okay, love your niece's writing, how excellent is that?!
Hope you're having a great day!

Greta said...

Artistic is right! That Tessa is quite the little one, for sure! Your cards perfectly use the sketches--love them, especially the FMS.

dstandard said...

Loving all your cards! These are awesome! Thanks for playing at US!

Skye said...

Fantastic cards. Your niece is very creative

Dana said...

Oh my ! Love these cards! You used these stamps to fit the sketches perfectly!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! These are all so lovely...and they look wonderful together :)

Happy Dance said...

A trio of sweetness, followed by my personal favorite...Miss Tessa's very own writing! I still have my own kids samples, and one of my favorite's is from granddaughter Melissa, who, after tasting spice cake wrote: "I like your cake", and from then on that's the family name for it; I like your cake cake. Precious memories for you Auntie C! Your cards are wonderful, as always. Sweet and Happy. Sure to delight the recipient. Bev

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...you have been very busy! I love all your cards so fun, but the chicken one is my favorite...just so cute.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Carol!!! Just LOVE the sweet DP Hen!! I LOVE it to pieces, bits, and every particle!!! Oh wow, your MOJO is in HIGH GEAR girl, so HAPPY, HAPPY to see so much creativity BURSTING from your blog!!!!

Love the sweet banners on the Freshly Made sketches!! The DP is so sweet!!!!

Thanks so MUCH, MUCH, MUCH to adding this to the Sketch it Saturday Gallery (ooooh you WILL LOVE this Saturday sketch so much)\\Staty sweet as always, HUGZ Carol!!!!!!

Lesley said...

Wow, what a great group of cards and I love the way your niece signed her name! I think she is artistic too!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, so many great cards you made using the sketches! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great job with the challenges! Love the folksy card you created using our sketch at Unscripted. Thanks for playing along!

Amy O said...

These are all great cards! I love the faux stitching on the card made for FMS. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kay Miller said...

What fun cards Carol!! I love anything paper pieced and these are simply adorable!! And Tessa looks like she is blessed with creativity too! Love her artistic take on her name! Too cute!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow ... you made that transition soooo smoooothly, Carol ... these are so sweet and adorable! Little Miss T is certainly making her mark on the world ... deinitely an artistic streak there in abundance ... rather like Auntie C then! Anita :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE these cards! The heart hanger card is perfect.

Geri said...

Sweet little Tess has definitely inherited Aunty C's creativity....just look at her design elements and how sweetly and cleverly she nested the letters and the awesome abstract creativeness of the letter "S". Totally a future card maker!

And speaking of talent...um....these amazing cards....WOW! Seriously, this is creativeness defined! You have created three amazing cards with one set of stamps! Each one totally unique in the papers that you used! I am so saying this again...you are the Queen of DP selection!

The hearts suspended from the hanger totally made my heart flutter!

Jen Timko said...

Super cards! Your first sentiment is so perfect for the sketch. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I how your niece writes her name like a logo. Vey artistic. Your paper pieces chicken is cute! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

Wida said...

Well you were on a roll! Cute paper pierced chicken

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic folk-art cards Carol! I love the hanger with the hearts...it's so sweet!