Friday, January 31, 2014

Deepest Sympathy Butterfly...Retrosketches #99, Keep it Simple: Square

Hi - Friday, already and the the end of January, already!  Time flies...life flies...

Like many of us, I find sympathy cards difficult to make, despite all the inspiration available to draw from in this wonderful crafting community.  No matter how beautiful or pretty, or thoughtful and heart-warming they are, they make me sad; they make me even more sad when I have *need* to create and send one.  So without further ado, here's my sympathy card that I'll be mailing tomorrow.

My card design comes from two sources: Retrosketches #99






It's really simple; I didn't know what else to do...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments are so appreciated!






10 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

What a beautiful card! I love the pearls and the gold sentiment is perfect!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches! (All my cards are 4.25 inches square... for some reason I got hooked on that size and that's all I make now - LOL!)

Kylie said...

I am sorry for your loss. I no longer make sympathy cards as I just find them too difficult. They are the only cards I ever buy. You, however, have made such an elegant card. The beautiful butterfly next to the lovely patterned paper - it is all you needed. Just beautiful!

Anita in France said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Carol ... your card is such a lovely way to express your sympathy ... simple and elegant, there is no need for more. Hugs, Anita :)

~amy~ said...

Sorry for your loss...your card is beautiful and I'm sure that the recipient will love it.

Dana said...

Sorry need such a card, I'm sure it will be appreciated regardless. It's a gorgeous card!

Shannon J said...

Oh sweet Carol, I'm so sorry. Loss is just so difficult. But what you have made here will help lessen the pain for the family. Absolutely beautiful. The softness, the elegance, the delicacy just evokes a feeling of love and true sympathy. The card will be cherished and held with all of the good memories of the loved one. It is perfect. Xoxo

Kay Miller said...

Oh I have a hard time making sympathy cards too. I usually just make a lot of "thinking of you" cards and send those when I need one. Yours is just gorgeous though, and I know that the recipient will appreciate the thought and craftmanship of such a lovely card.

Joni Andaya said...

I know what you mean....it does makes me really sad when I do have make one. Its not really my favorite sentiments either :( Though your card is very Pretty!!!! Love how you added that gorgeous white butterfly die with gold rhinestones to match the gold embossed sentiment. Very Lovely :)

Greta said...

Sorry you had a need for this card, Carol. It's perfect for a sympathy card--beautiful but not over done as is sometimes seen. I'm sure it will bring comfort.

Sian Ridley said...

I'm sad to hear that you needed to send this card...on the plus side it's absolutely beautiful and will light up the face of the recipient despite the occasion :) It is simply prefect :)