Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thank You...Fusion #1, The Pink Elephant 232

Hi,

Already Thursday evening and I'm here with a couple of *cas* posts before I forget my card + challenge combinations.  My resolution to photograph and post, tout de suite once a card is made is already a fail. Oh well, perhaps that's okay, as the longer they sit, the more time I have to decide whether they should be viewed publicly, which leads me to the little number I'm sharing here.

Fusion is back - hurrah - and with quite the challenging challenge to mark its return.


Pretty colours, a sketch with so many possibilities. Isn't that bedroom dreamy? I'd love to tuck into that every night.  As much the bedroom appeals to me, no such lovely coral paper exists in my stash to replicate it in a card, so I opted for the sketch only.  This card - and its non-challenge companion - were built on the weekend, and I've been *yes, post - no, don't post* dithering all week long.  Finally, I made the decision to jump: after all, Fusion #1 only happens once and I so wanted to give my new circle tab stamps and dies from MCT a trial run.  The charming gals at The Pink Elephant #232 have a Thank You focus this week,


so I'm entering there as well.


Here's the companion that I made just because...


Hmmm...after seeing them once again, in a 'post' format, they're kind of growing on me....

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments are so appreciated!








12 comments:

Anita in France said...

You nailed the DP combination again, Carol ... these are both wonderful! I'm with you on the post-it-when-it's-made thing ... I tried it the other way and ending up a confused mess trying remember what went where and whether I'd commented on the other challenge entries! Now I'm a bit less confused ... but just a bit! Hugs, Anita :)

~amy~ said...

lovely work! Such fun tabs! Happy Friday!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! Great take on the sketch! I love how you used those divider stamps/dies as elements on your cards!

Julia Aston said...

Two great cards! love those circle tab thingies and the fun stampings! Glad you finally posted for the 1st Fusion! thanks for playing this week!

Kay Miller said...

Oh these are both wonderful Carol!! I'm glad you dithered towards the post side! haha! I love your take on the fusion sketch! Those little tabs worked perfectly! The second card is super too! Love that stitching along the scalloped border!

Shannon J said...

How on earth did either of these EVER make it on the 'don't post list'?!!! I'm madly in love with both of these! That circle tab die is to "die" for (LOVE how you used them!) and so is the little pinked edge banner die! Patterned paper - yup, nailed it again! And those little hearts just make my own heart melt (you know I love my hearts!!!). 100%, absolutely, perfectly awesome, Carol!!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome tabs and creations Carol. Lovely colors too!

Greta said...

Great use of your new goodies, Carol!

Dana said...

Well i love both!!! The arrows pointing to the sentiment on the first card is awesome and the for the second card i love how you popped the sentiment!!

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable Fusion card...love your design and what a sweet way to say Thank you!

Geri said...

First of all....love these stamps ....and their potential versatility! Great purchase! Once again, your paper & ink selection are bang on! You definitely nailed the sketch!

And, I love your second card. So glad that you decided to share it with us too .... cuz I love how you combined angles, circles, curves and scallops to create a totally funky card! Well done dear friend!

Deepti said...

The tabs look great on the card along with all those fun pattern papers :) thank you for joining in the fun at Fusion !!