Friday, November 8, 2019

Just Us Girls Challenge #513~Trend Week: Anything But A Card...Noah's Ark Cross-stitch

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #513, where I'm inviting you to share 'Anything But A Card' as this week's Trend challenge.


Tags are certainly welcome, as are the 'other' crafts/hobbies you may dabble in, be it pottery, or quilting, or cross-stitching, or painting or...the list is endless! If you're into baking, sharing photos of decadent treats and a recipe would be fabulous, too, especially as the festive season is rapidly approaching!

We're thrilled to welcome talented Kristin from Lilypad Designs to the JUGS family as our November Guest Designer. Please check out her wonderful card along with those from the fabulous JUGS team: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa and Maria. They would love to know you dropped by.

Eons ago, I was an avid cross-stitcher (where did I find the time?); my favourite images to stitch were Noah's Arks. I'm sharing a couple of my projects here (please excuse the glare from the glass on the frame). One of these days I'll renew my dedication to this sport, as I have lots of patterns awaiting attenion *grin*



That's it from me!

Looking forward to seeing the gallery filled with your Anything But A Card projects!

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oooh, these are so pretty, Carol! I love them and that you used to be an avid cross stitcher. Would love to see you pick it up again, when life slows down a bit. Years ago I stitched a Precious Moments Noah's Ark to celebrate my friend's new baby, my godson. It was a fun project. :) Thank you so much for sharing!

Nancy said...

I use to cross stitch too but nothing as large as these! They are wonderful Carol! My hubby use to have his own framing business out of the house and these were always a challenge to frame. Love the bottom one a lot! Have a great day! By the way...you don't have a link over at JUGS for this post!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What beautiful work on these! I love how detailed they are, you can tell a lot of love went into both of these. These would be so perfect to add to a nursery.

Bobby said...

I used to do some cross stitching too, Carol, but got easily bored with it. Your panels are absolutely wonderful. This has been a fun challenge and I'm glad you thought of it.

Ina G said...

OMGoodness all you talented cross stitchers - not me, my fingers just aren't neat enough. What beautiful pieces you have shown us here Carol. They would look spectacular IRL.
I agree with Bobby - super challenge and it's showing us a whole different side to our hobbies.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Good for you having the patience to cross stitch - Me, not so much :)

ElizStewart said...

What an amazingly GREAT idea to share our other hobbies!!! I love your arks! Just beautiful.

Lindsey said...

Another thing in common - I used to love cross-stitching! And have kept all my supplies for when it calls to me again. Mine are usually small-scale, though; your two here are amazing!

Quillish said...

Oh wow.. look at that cross stitiching. Wonderful and so neat! You are so talented Carol. That must be the reason you aren't on IG often, now a days, your pup and needles have kept you busy! Anything but a card meant tags to me :D until this!