Friday, November 13, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #562~Trend Week: No-Line Watercolouring...Purple Onion Snowman and Bunny

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #562, where lovely Sue has selected 'No-line Watercolouring' as this week's Trend.  

We're delighted to have Joyce, from Cards-by-the-Sea fame, joining us for week 2 as our November guest designer. Her card is fabulous, as are those by my teammates. Please head over to the main blog to see the array; then, if  you have a chance to visit and leave comments, that would be truly appreciated!

I have NEVER done this technique before and let me say, this certainly was a challenge, especially because water-colouring was involved! Double scary! Yes, I know that no-line encompasses a wide range of approaches, as Sue mentions on the main blog, but I was bound-and-determined to work with an image that is near-and-dear to my heart (long story, won't bore you).  Alas, my water-colouring isn't up-to-par and lines are still visible, despite using Antique Linen distress ink and doing my best to fade it out.  Sighhhh... The bunny worked out reasonably well, I think.  Anyway, I really gave it my best.  Maybe someday I'll tackle this again...with fade out ink! 


If I can sort of manage a no-line-ish, water-colour-ish card, you certainly can, too!

Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery! 

Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love your card. That image is just so sweet and heart warming. I think you did a great job with the technique and hope you aren't feeling discouraged. I love that you gave it a go. And the end result is a fabulous card, so it's a win in my mind. Hugs to you for the joy you are sharing.

Joyce said...

This is fabulous, and looks to me like you have been crafting this way for ages. I must admit to being challenged as well.

Marina said...

I think you did a great job!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is perfect! I love your adorable snowman and little bunny. I know I struggled with the lines being visible as well, but yours looks fabulous! Beautiful background, too.

Bobby said...

You, my dear, are too hard on yourself. I tried to do what you did and couldn't even bring myself to finish the card. Your card is beautifully colored and so cute.

Ina G said...

Fabulous Carol. Love your snowman and tiny bunny. You did a super job with the no line watercolouring. Not easy but got us out of our comfort zone to try something new.

Nancy said...

This is outstanding and doesn't appear at all to be your first rodeo! I am so utterly impressed!!!

Macimbalo said...

Yes you are way too hard on yourself, this is fabulous! You should see the ones I tried to make, looks like a 5 year old tried to do it! hahaha! You my friend nailed this one!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun snowman card. You didn’t know Line coloring quite fabulously

Lisa Kind said...

Well hands down, you won the no-line coloring award here! I LOVE it! Your coloring is amazing, lines showing and all! Beautiful!