Friday, November 6, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #561~Trend: Triangle...Gnome Christmas

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #561, where our wonderful hostess, Vicki, has selected *triangles* as this week's word prompt.  


We're delighted to welcome Joyce, from Cards-by-the-Sea fame, as our November guest designer. Her card is fabulous, as are those by my teammates. Please head over to the main blog to see the array; then, if  you have a chance to visit and leave comments, that would be truly appeciated!

Finally, finally, finally...after a nearly year-long wait, my Simon Says Stamps gnome is making his debut...twice! I now know why he's so wildly popular: he's fun and so easy to assemble! His outfit, the background papers and sentiments (stickers) are from Photoplay, as are the *new* size of panels I'm using: the 'mini' slimlines. Photoplay recently released a series of sets - which they've aptly named #6 - and I 'may' have invited a couple or three into my collection. Lots of layering and mixing-matching opportunities. I've definitely fallen head-over-heels for slimlines, be they the regular or the smaller versions. The bonus with these: card bases and envelopes suited to the size! SCORE!



That's it from me; looking forward to seeing how you're inspired to use triangles on your cards/projects this week!

Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness, these are fantastic, Carol. I like the size of these cards. Gives you a smidge more real estate for some of the bigger/taller dies. The papers you chose for the background look fabulous. And the gnome...well he looks so dapper and dashing front and center. Thank you SO much for sharing. Look forward to seeing him pop up more.

Kim S said...

"Triangle" for word week would have scared me -but I love how you used it - great patterns for that guy!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Can never go wrong with a cute gnome love this card

Lindsey said...

Your triangle patterned backgrounds are so much fun, yet don't take away from the awesome gnomes - so well done!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love your mix of papers for your triangles and your gnomes are beyond adorable! Great designs! You and Vicki are really making me want that gnome.

Joyce said...

Every time I see that gnome, it makes me smile. Super fun triangle.

Ina G said...

I am sure we are going to see that cute gnome everywhere soon. Love both of your cards Carol but my heart melted when I saw the 'tartan' hat on the first one.

Nancy said...

These are so fabulous Carol! Love the mix of papers and you are also making me want to purchase a gnome. You are a constant inspiration!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm on a gnome kick as well...they are so darn cute! And your version is so adorable. I love the patterns you chose. Lovely cards!

Bobby said...

I love how you worked the triangles into the background, Carol. The papers are all great and that gnome is a cutie. I have the mini version.