Thursday, March 26, 2020

STAMPlorations Throwback Thursday (March 2020)

Hello,

A warm welcome to my third, and final, STAMPlorations Throwback Thursdays, where we select a previous card/project - one of our own or a teammate's - and 're-vision' it in three ways.


Once again, I've stepped outside my to draw inspiration from incredibly talented, always something eye-catching STAMP designer, Terri Koszler !  Even though her style covers a wide range and are always stunning, it's her  perfectly executed, eye-catching CAS cards that really catch my eye, soooo...I thought I'd try to give CAS a la Terri a try!

The specific card I've selected - featuring two stickers, a stenciled band and a black stamped image - is the one (of a trio) she created for Sticker Monday here:


Ready to see how Terri inspired me?  Let's go....

Project #1 
This 'warm up' card follows Terri's closely: same die cut ("Kathryn" is adorable!), 'framed' stenciling and a sentiment. Aside from the sun, I've also followed her colour scheme: shades of pink (pink clouds are fun *grin*), black-and-white.



STAMPlorations Products:
Kathryn's Big Wishes dies and stamps

Project #2
For this card, I used all three of Terri's elements - stenciling, frame-fashion rather than band-fashion, black stamped image, two stickers, same palette. Given our world's current situation, we need' to keep sending those good vibes, even when it's challenging to do so!



STAMPlorations Products:

Project #3
Bookmark!! I used three of Terri's elements here: pink/white, die cuts and, of course, stenciling. Yes, my 'books' is a tad crooked but that's okay! Gives it a 'novel' touch *grin*




I learned so much from dabbling with Terri's style and trying to add a few  touches of my own. A huge THANK YOU to Terri for being so incredibly inspiring.

There you have it: my Throwback Thursdays are a wrap! 

Two reminders: 
  • Shery is offering a $15 gift code to one lucky winner who will be drawn from all comments left on the Throwback Thursday post for the month, as well as from my post, here.
  • If any of the products have caught your eye, I invite you to use my discount code - STAMPGIRLCAROLM - when you shop at the STAMPlorations Online Store (some great deals to be had!)


Thank you for dropping by!


17 comments:

Fikreta said...

these projects are so very beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards and bookmark! Love the colors!

Becca Yahrling said...

These are all fabulous stencil projects. I love that you didn't color the image, but let the stencil color stand out.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love these CAS designs! Especially the sunshine and the bookmark!

Jeanne H said...

I especially love your bookmark. Great idea for a reader and I surely will CASE it for a friend. Thanks.

Sue D said...

Pretty cards and bookmark from this inspiration card.

Germaine said...

Great ideas

Jeanne said...

Great job on your projects, Carol. So delicate and pretty! Gotta love that stenciling! You are SO good at it! Hugs!

sharon g said...

So cute. I love the little girl and pink clouds. Really adorable.

nancy dempsey said...

Very pretty projects. I love the bookmark!

Lindsey said...

I love how you took your inspiration card and made three original - and awesome - projects of your own! I agree, pink clouds are good. :)

Dana M said...

Sweet and lovely cards! Love the clean designs and techniques. What a lovely bookmark, would bring a smile every time you open your book!

Bobby said...

I admire anyone who can create three different cards from one inspiration, Carol. Love them all.

Gail said...

Hi Carol - I saw your projects over at STAMPLoration and I love each of them - wonderful work - you have inspired me to get more bookmarks created - I have been using kleenex as my book marks - hehe - I shall make some today - thanks for the inspiration! Blessings

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cute cards and bookmark! I like the inspiration card as well! Nice work!

Tina Z. said...

so beautiful, I love the bookmark, so creative.

Lucy E. said...

I love your sweet CAS projects!
The little bits of stenciling is the
perfect touch.