Sunday, October 13, 2019

STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday...Fall Leaves



Hello,

Welcome to my first - of two - STAMPloration Stencil Sunday posts for October.

My cards were inspired by the beautiful fall leaves that surround Lily and I when we go on our walks. I took this photo while she was busy with a stick; I just love the fiery reds/yellows/orange and the deep purple hues of this collection of leaves. Fortunately, I have both new and older leaf stencils in my collection...


As you know, I'm pretty straightforward when it comes to stencils, treating them with simple inking. You'll see my CAS style replicated here...with wee twists (at least for me they are *grin*)

For my first card, I went with the 'trendy' slimline panel ('casing' myself from a previous card) and tried to mimic the random pattern of the leaves from the photo.

Below is my initial 'construction' set-up: 3.5 x 8.5" panel; 'selected' leaves, masked off (selected = leaves that are 'complete' within the pattern); distress inks (Dusty Concord, Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey); blending brush.


STAMPlorations products:

Always one for 'needing' dimension on my cards, I decided, once I finished inking, to add some curly frame die cuts. I trimmed the panel ever so slightly to fit onto a black 3.5 x 8.5 piece of cardstock, which offers both framing and stability to the blended paper. I recessed the frames by adding foam to the intact section.



"Random" leaves and a new palette...I quite like this!

For my second card, I was, again, inspired by Nature's palette.

First, a peek at some of the tools used:  cardstock; mask for circle - made from packaging plastic + die cuts; distress inks (Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Dusty Concord); blending brush, Leaf Mini stencil, with single leaf masked.


I stenciled the solitary leaf within a circle, to keep the design crisp and fresh. 

STAMPlorations products:


I added sparkle to 'thanks' and to parts of each leaf...challenging to capture in a photo, but...giving it a whirl.


Canadian Thanksgiving is October 14th...I'll be giving these to the wonderful vet and vet tech who take care of my Lily!

Hope my 'clean and simple' style does justice to these laden-with-possibilities stencils!

See you back here on October 27th for my second Stencil Sunday feature.

Thank you for dropping by!


15 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

These are so pretty! Love the leaf designs and the colors you used! Beautiful fall cards!

JulieP said...

I do miss fall leaves. These are great. I have a slimline on my to-do list!

terrie said...

You did great with the Fall colors and making great looking card...tfs

MadeByMeghanK said...

WOW! I LOVE the leave stencil! Gorgeous fall colors!

Heather said...

These are both really cool! But that circle one is my favorite! What a great technique!

cghundley said...

Happy Thanksgiving and
love the ways you used
the stencils on your
beautiful cards.
Carla from Utah

Lindsey said...

Beautiful colour choices, and I also love the two different designs! Nicely done,

nancy dempsey said...

Love the colors and the leaf stencil.
Beautiful cards, and I especially like the tall one.

Andre M. said...

Autumn colours are the best and you've showcased them beautifully on your cards.

frommycraftroom said...

Love the way you stenciled the background on the "thanks" card. All beautiful creations.

Valerija said...

Your cards are stunning, beautiful colours. Love the stencils you used.
Valerija xx

Vivian Foo said...

Love how you used the stencils. So inspiring.

Tina Z. said...

so beautiful and creative!

Sue D said...

Beautiful designs. Love the fall colors.

Unknown said...

takipçi satın al
instagram takipçi satın al
https://www.takipcikenti.com