Friday, December 29, 2017

For Unto You is Born...Inkspirational Challenge #151~Designer's Choice: Stamping Only

Hello,

I hope you had the merriest Christmas and are ready for the happiest New Year - not just for the day, but for all of 2018!  My Christmas was simply sensational and you wouldn't believe the awesome, amazing, gorgeous gift my niece made for me! Once I get a proper photo, I promise to share! Thrilled to bits and pieces with her artistry!

I came back home on Wednesday to be with with my husband (he was at his mom's - and with our moms getting older, we've decided to spend Christmas apart -with our respective moms/families - then have our own, together. May seem odd but it's 'right' for us - plus we have opportunity to celebrate twice. Win-win!). Work calls him away for several days, starting Jan. 2, so, when he heads west, I'm aiming to turn back north. More mom, niece and nephew time! Yayyy! Hopefully, by then, the roads will be less sketchy and the temperatures warmer. It's been freezing here: -25C to -43C for the past several days. Guess who isn't even sticking her nose out the door!

Anyway...Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #151~Designer's Choice, where our lovely Sandie invites us to 'stamp only'.  Perfect, right? A chance to show us some of the new crafting goodies you received over Christmas...


Laurie, from Stamping Up North, is our fabulous guest designer, whose card will bring a mega-watt smile to your face.  Please be sure to drop by and leave her some love; then the same for my fabulous team:



Bear with me (here and in upcoming posts), pretty please, as I share a *few*  more Christmas cards/projects with you.  This was one of my favourites of the season - and several versions made their way to the cards mom sent to family and friends.  A bit of ombre inking with a trio of Memento inks, a silver star and a lovely sentiment...so easy to recreate.  Gina K Designs' City of David all the way; a timeless oldie...


Looking forward to seeing your *Stamps Only* designs in the gallery!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Thank you for dropping by!


15 comments:

Nonni said...

Glad to hear you had wonderful time at Christmas and celebrating twice is a great idea! :) I've only once experienced -40 celsius and that was cold.... Brrr! Love this card design and especially the ombre inking. Such a fab look with so little time needed! xxx

Jeanne said...

So happy to hear about your lovely Christmas and that you get to go back so quickly for another visit. I completely understand about visiting aging parents. You just never know and ideally want no regrets, right? So smart and loving! Your card is beautiful. I really like the ombre effect you achieved. Wonderful post (well, except the fact that your weather has been so cold) and wonderful card! Win, win for us!! :) Happy New Year!

Julie B said...

A simply elegant card Carol.
Glad you had a good Christmas, do whatever works for you both! We had everyone round here but the house was back to normal by Tuesday lunch.
We've got an extra visit from Daughter and 2 Grandsons'cos their water heating is off and not due to be fixed 'til Wednesday at the earliest 'cos of the holidays.
Wrap up and keep warm and a Happy New Year. :)

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card, c!! I'm sorry it is so freezing cold there! Safe travels to you both in your travels in winter weather! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Kylie said...

I hope you have had a merry Christmas too. Wishing you every happiness now and always! May 2018 bring all that you desire.

I love the simplicity of this card. It is beautiful!

Marina said...

It doesn't seem odd to me - definitely no odder than our arrangements, which also involve time apart and together. I love your ombre inking and cas design. Happy New Year.

sandie said...

Super card, lovely ombré look and your Christmas sounds perfect to me x

Trina P. said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Love the Ombré colouring and colour (blue is my fave]. Fun challenge.
Have a happy new year: Carol!

Kim S said...

I think you have the perfect solution for Christmas - I know way too many people who frantically rush between family obligations and end up not enjoying them anyway.

This is such a wonderfully simple card - made special with the ombre inking - LOVE it!!

Anita in France said...

Perfect, Carol ... the loveliest image, beautifully showcased in ombré blue with just a touch of shimmery silver ... yep, perfect! Safe travelling, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Shauna said...

This is really gorgeous! I love that sentiment and how you paired it with the city-scape and the star. You nailed this one!
- Shauna

Susanne Vargas said...

Look at me, still commenting on last years posts! Will I ever be caught up? Anyway, I wanted to let you know how much I adore this card with that wonderful ombre stamp! I whole heartedly agree with Anita, it's simply perfect!
Happy New Year and enjoy the time with you favorite people!

Kylie said...

I love the blue and white colour scheme you chose for this one. Beautiful! I can't even fathom the cold you are going through. I saw the other day that Niagra Falls have frozen over.... good lord!!!

Bobby said...

The ombre' stamping is perfect for this scene as the star lights up the city, Carol. I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas(es). Safe travels as you go back and forth.

laurie said...

So beautiful....I LOVE the blue...so pretty for Christmas!