Friday, July 1, 2016

Butterfly Dream...Serendipity Challenge Blog #57~Just Add Water

Hello,

July 1st...already...and HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my wonderful Canadian friends! Hope your day is filled with festivities and your night sky sparkling with fireworks.

Welcome to my 'official' debut as a new member of the Serendipity Design Team! I'm a bundle of nerves, intermixed with excitement, at this amazing opportunity I've been given. Hopefully, you'll find my showcases of Serendipity products inspiring...

Today, my talented teammates and I invite you to Serendipity Challenge Blog #57

As you can imagine, especially if you've been following me for some time, this challenge made me gasp. Out loud. Very out loud! You know how...ahem, *great* my relationship is with water. HA! NOT! Not to be daunted yet again, I hitched up my big girl pants and started playing, bound and determined to create something I would be proud to share.  My #1 incentive (aside from wanting to make a good debut impression): the beautiful Serendipity Butterflies in Flight stamp that I 'had' to showcase. *Had to*!  

About 2, 578 tries later (not exaggerating *grin*), I did design something that made me smile...in fact, I made two somethings...

My first showcase of the butterflies features Prismacolour pencils, tip-to-water-brush, for the base layer, followed by  a second darker addition of colour, with an added dusting of perfect pearls on the water-brush, to add some depth and shimmer. The butterflies' wings truly do glisten. I used the camouflage die-cutting technique, with the oh-so-pretty Dream die, for the sentiment and some 'home-made' splatters with the pencils/water...


A vibrant kaleidoscope of butterflies....

For my second card, I was a 'bit' more adventurous, using distress inks (Peeled Pain, Shaded Lilac, Worn Lipstick...love this combination) and a gingerly-executed smidgen of spritzing before stamping the butterflies.  I chose to leave them 'as is', rather than running the colours together; the pretty detail on the butterfly wings is what makes this set a standout.  An embossed sentiment (shimmery in real life), some Peeled Paint splatters and...voila!  


A soft, delicate kaleidoscope of butterflies...I see plenty more 'play dates' with this set!

Please  check out the amazing inspiration by the rest of the team. Dazzle (and 'enabling') guaranteed...


Want to go shopping?  Of course you do...and here's the sweet Sprinkler stamp, perfect for this challenge, at 50% off.


Your turn!  How does 'water' spark your creativity? 

The challenge guidelines - with a $20 prize as incentive -  are easy to follow
 (hey, if I can use water, all of you most certain can!):

As long as your cards/projects (yes, more than one is a-okay) focuses on the theme and includes ONE Serendipity product 
(of the oodles available...do check the amazing and vast selections in the shop!),
you are in the running!  

Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery; the link up is open until midnight, July 29. 

Also sharing at:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes


Serendipity Stamps Recipe:
Butterflies in Flight
Dream Die
You Made My Day

So glad you spent part of your day with me; your visit brings me immense  joy!


19 comments:

maria f. said...

Evening. Just parked next to you at SSS! Yay for you and getting over your water shyness. I actually love numero dos even more. So artistic and those colors are so pretty together. Congratulations on your DT spot. Must check out Serendipity (there is a sailboat in the harbor of my folks' town named that and I've always loved the name.)

Carole said...

OMG...GORGEOUS.........DIVINE.adore them both, you clever girl you!! Take a million bows. I actually prefer number two for the delicate colouring but I am sure the first one shimmers so much in real life. I can't keep up with all your design team work...you must be so very busy and so well deserved of the accolades of being on the teams. Wish you were round the corner...butterflies and wine?...souonds good to me. Hugs xx Have a good weekend.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful cards Carol and a big congrats to you on your new design team...I know you will be creating amazing cards!

Geri said...

Carol...these are GOR-GEE-OUS!!! No wait, make that out-of-this-world gorgeous! You ROCKED your debut post pal with these stunners! Awesome contrast between the deep, rich colors of the first card and the soft, 'dreamy' pastel colors of your second card! Really, REALLY love the bold sentiment on the 'dreamy' card - totally 'kapow' :)

Rose said...

Two very pretty cards! Love the softness of the second card but I also can't resist a gorgeous rainbow of shimmery butterflies!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Both are pretty, but the second one is my favorite! Congrats on making the DT! Now you are going to tempt me with all your awesome cards......lets see, how long I can resist...

Brenda said...

Happy Canada Day my friend!! Carol are you telling me that you can take prisma pencils and touch the tip of them to a waterbrush and watercolor with them?! Shut. The. Front. Door!! I didn't know that! Well, you certainly made a striking (and fabulous debut) butterfly card! I love the colors and the shimmery pearl shine on them. I'm still amazed that you can use prisma pencils in this way. lol I love the second card as well, the butterflies are just gorgeous and I'm so in love with that color combo as well. You knocked it out the park girlfriend! Hugs, Brenda

Gayatri said...

Both your cards are wonderful! My favorite is the second one. Soft watercolour look is very pretty. Thanks for playing along Simon Says stamp Anything Goes Challenge
Gayatri xx

Kim S said...

I love how you have shown the same stamp in two very different looks - beautifully bold (I bet the shimmer is gorgeous!) and soft and misty.

Marybeth said...

Happy Canada day to you! Welcome to the team ,Carol! Oh my gosh two gorgeous cards! Love the butterflies! Awesome start!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your beautiful debut, Carol ... these are both so lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Congrats on the DT position, Carol - have fun!!! And you've started off with a set of great butterfly cards, my friend!!!!! Both these cards are simply stunning - the butterflies look wonderful!!!! Tried to decide which one I like best, but that's too difficult - LOVE them both!!!!
Hugz

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow! Your perseverance certainly paid off! These two cards are fabulous!
Congratulations again on your new DT position!

Joyce said...

Fabulous cards for your inagural DT post for Serendipity. Love how you used water on those butterflies.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful cards, Carol! Love the colors on both. Welcome to the team!

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful! I love that you used the same stamp two different ways! The color is beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your new DT position...Woo-Hoo! I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day...so sorry for my late post!
Maybe you don't think so, but from where I sit, you've done an AMAZING job with these butterflies, Carol! Water is your friend...trust me :) Both cards are absolutely stunning!!!

Greta said...

Love those butterflies, Carol--2 lovely cards!

Taunya Butler said...

You and your butterflies, C, these cards are gorgeously amazing and just beautifully done!!