Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Have an Amazing Birthday...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #201-~Anything Goes, STAMPlorations 3rd Birthday Linky Party, Seize the Birthday~Anything Goes

Hello,

We're just a day returned (rather travel-weary) from a most fantastic trip to Whitefish, Montana, where my husband participated in the Gran Fondo Kootenai road bike event.  Day 1 was 73 miles from Libby to Eureka; Day 2 was 93 miles from Eureka back to Libby.  Me?  Car support...many, many hours of car support *grin*  He burned the calories whilst I...well, burned nary a calorie, aside from those that fueled the 'craning-neck exercises' I performed, gazing at the amazing, gorgeous scenery that  he rode/I drove through.  Stunning...and the people, simply marvelous!  We didn't have internet availability at our rental accommodation,, so once again, I've fallen behind in...everything! Aiming to catch up with comments later this week, as we're heading to my mother-in-law's for a few days...

Enough dilly-dallying and time to get on with the show!

Today, my fabulous DT and I invite you to play along in Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #201:


Anything Goes...don't you just love that...free reign to create whatever you want!  No restrictions...except one: to have fun while you create!!

My card actually 'does' have a bit of a restriction (self-induced *grin*), in that I'm joining in at the STAMPlorations 3rd Birthday Blog Hop and Linky Party, where we have this delightful, celebration-all-over mood board to inspire us....


The bottom right image caught my eye...so I went for pretty much a full-on *case* (far more colourful in real life...we're besotted with clouds and thunderstorms here. Enough already!), using Dee's Artsy Impressions Balloons and Banners set (available at STAMPlorations).  And yes, I did make little 'mask-er-pieces' for the streamers...


Okay, my friends...your turn! 
Looking forward to seeing your *Anything Goes* creativity in the gallery!

Just a quick note: Shery, the sweetheart and creative genius behind STAMPlorations is celebrating her 'real' birthday today, so I'm adding my card to the DT's surprise birthday party:  STAMPlorations Linky Party for Shery.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Shery!  Wishing you celebration, joy and love today and all year long!

Also sharing at:

STAMPlorations~Anything Goes Challenge


Seize the Birthday~Anything Goes


The Daily Marker~30 Day Colouring Challenge (I used polychromos pencils to colour my images).


Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me immense  joy!


25 comments:

Carole said...

Fabulous take on that inspiration board Carol...love the colours!
Sounds like you have been a busy bee...again...don't know how you have time to craft!

Barb Ghig said...

Nary a calorie? You are too funny, Carol :) So glad you had such a great trip!
Love these fun balloons, and your coloring is just beautiful, my friend! You did an amazing job on the inspiration photo, and I love how you played with Dee's 'Balloons & Banners' stamp set...you nailed it on all of these challenges!

maria f. said...

Hope your neck's OK!?! So happy you joined the party for Shery with your party-on-a-card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

SUPER FUN celebratory card! Glad you joined in the fun

Monika Reeck said...

I feel party on your card
so sweet and gret colored Balloon
love the sentiment too
great card for Stamplorations Bday Carol
Hope you have a great day with MIL and family
hugs
Monika

Geri said...

Funny thing...the first thing I noticed too when I looked at the inspirational photo was the bottom right hand corner! I think it is the 'festive' colors and the streamers! You NAILED your CASE! Fabulous colors, beautifully inked and blended! Love it!

Brady & Jeremy start the actual race part of the BC Bike Race tomorrow. They have been there for two days now...nothing but rain and more rain forecast! In my books, the only place to be when it is cold and raining is in my craft room!!!

Bobby said...

Nothing says celebrate like balloons, streamers and confetti, Carol. Your card has it all and very well colored.

Brenda said...

It sounds like a great time Carol! But I don't think I could ride a bike that long or that many miles! lol My backside would be to sore and I wouldn't be able to walk. I think I would do the car support too like you did and just crane my neck to see the views. I bet it was gorgeous scenery, I would so love to see that part of the country. Your card is fun and so festive!!! I feel like I missed the party. lol Love the masking you did even if I did have to think about how you did it. I swear masking doesn't come easy to me. I'm such a dork. lol Love the card my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Susanne Vargas said...

Glad you both came back safely!
Your card is fun and cheerful! Love your coloring and masking

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous and festive card...just love all the fun images and wonderful colors.

Greta said...

Pretty colors & fun use of the images! Glad you enjoyed Whitefish--I'd love to go back there some time.

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card, Carol! It is so festive! Looking forward to being your teamie at ATSM.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun and festive card Carol and I love the background spatters!I'm another Carol who is a newbie to the team and I look forward to working with you. x

Suchi said...

Such a sweet celebration card! So happy to be your teamie at ATSM! :)
Suchi xx

Julie B said...

Fab card Carol, love the mixture of balloons and streamers. It shouts celebration! Thanks for linking up at our linky party at STAMPlorations too. :)

shirley-bee said...

I love your version of bike eventing ;)
Gorgeous card - I love how the balloons are floating around with the streamers. Party time! :)

Petra Swart said...

Such a sweet and very cheerful card, Carol!!! Love your cute balloons and streamers!!! So cute!!!
Sounds as if you had a great time in Montana!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a happy card with those little swirly things and again - perfectly placed splatters!

Joyce said...

What a fun party you have going on atop of your card. So very happy and bright.

Anita in France said...

Fabulously fun and celebratory, Carol ... a veritable party on a card! Hugs, Anita :)

Nancy said...

HI Carol, This is a fun Birthday card and perfect for our challenge at Seize the Birthday! So glad you joined us!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Such a fun card! Love the splattered background.

JoAnn said...

A fun and colorful card. Love the background. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Jeanne said...

I'm late to the party, but I had to stop in and say this card looks amazing. I adore how fun and colorful it is. Those splatters are so fun, too. It is delightful and festive. Sounds like your assistance was fun for you at least. Those were a lot of miles put on a bike for sure. I think I'd rather do your job. LOL Hugs! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Taunya Butler said...

Stopping by with a quick HI and what a HAPPY and FUN birthday card - you are amazing!!