Friday, July 22, 2016

Thank You Wreath....Guest Designer Uniko Challenge #34~Flowers, Muse Challenge

Hello!

Once again, I'm honoured and delighted to be joining Bev and her team, as a guest designer,


 over at Uniko for a reminder post about the current Uniko Challenge #34~Flowers.  



My card's  layout took several cues from Muse Challenge #175, where Jenni treated us to this floral delight:


the circle, the flowers along the edge and an inside-the-circle sentiment.  The flowers are actually a lovely winter-themed set - Background Builders: Vines Winter Additions - that I transformed into a summer wreath.  The sentiments are from Bright Butterflies (now retired, but gorgeous samples of the butterflies can be seen here) and Pure Floral: Gerbera.


A little set with mega possibilities. I can envision a Fall-themed wreath, with a simple change of colours, as well as a variety of Christmas showcases.

I hope you'll bring out your flower images and play along with us!  All the details are at the Uniko blog, together with all kinds of flower inspiration from the talented Design Team. Please be sure to take a look; you will be dazzled!  The deadline for submission is midnight (BST) on Friday 12th August (7.00pm EDT).


See you in the gallery!

Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!!


25 comments:

Marlene Bonetti said...

Hello Carol!
Wow, what beautiful cards on your blog! Have a great weekend!
Marlene

Patti said...

Woo Hoo congrats on your DT spotlight! This card is so super pretty! Carol! I really love the sweet bright flowers on white! always a favorite of mine!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Patti

p.s. do you like hApPy mAiL??... just wondering : )

Jane said...

So so clever to use the winter vines in these gorgeous summer colours. Love you wreath card and think you've been a fantastic Guest Designer for Uniko.

Helen J said...

I love the way you've built up the layered flowers, this is a gorgeous CAS card.

*Vicki* said...

Yay!! Congrats on your GDT and I know why you've been picked!! This is such an amazing design!! :) I love everything about it!! Wishing you a lovely weekend my friend!! HUGS

juliettqa said...

It looks simple but there is so much going on on this card. Just wow!

Kim Heggins said...

Just gorgeous Carol...love your beautiful wreath!

Bobby said...

I can see this wreath for many seasons too, Carol, but now it's summer and this is perfect.

Jenni's Jems said...

Congrats on being GD over at uniko studio....the wreath and flowers are beautiful, as too is the sentiment that you have used.Thank you for joining in with us over at Muse this week !x

Jenni's Jems said...

Congrats on being GD over at uniko studio....the wreath and flowers are beautiful, as too is the sentiment that you have used.Thank you for joining in with us over at Muse this week !x

Karren said...

Beautiful take on the Muse card! Love that wreath!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous work, Carol! Adore your bright colorful flowers and the sweet wreath. :) Hugs.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun to Guest Design -- great card too :)

Marisa said...

Elegant simplicity. Beautifully done!

Pam said...

Gorgeous!! Love this wreath. I need that dynamite circle stamp, too.

Ardyth said...

So clever to use winter images in this summery card! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Carol!

Brenda said...

Oh my, I am loving your take on Jenni's card Carol! I love how you used a winter stamp set and made it summery! So clever my friend!!! Yes, I think too you could change it up with for each season with this one stamp set! How fun and what a great way to get a lot of mileage out of your stamp set. I can see why you are GD!!! Hugs, Brenda

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! Totally gorgeous summer wreath, Carol! I love your choice of flowers, and your sentiment is so lovely! Beautiful take on Jenni's card!

Shelly said...

Yay for guesting! Beautiful card!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love how you've done all the pretty flowers in the lovely colours, Carol!!!! Love summer look - beautiful card!!!!
Hugz

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome, that delicate wreath! And those fresh bright colors - love it!

Geri said...

What a beauty!!! You are sooooooo clever pal cuz who'da thunk to use winter images in these colors! Brilliant, beautiful creation!

Catchy Sketch said...

Love how you created this circle and your choice of colors. I even didn't notice that it was a winter set at first)
Regina

Greta said...

Lovely use of the inspiration, Carol!

Lindsey said...

Love the unusual colour combo & wreath effect x