Saturday, July 16, 2016

Wishing You Oceans of Joy...Just Us Girls #352~Colour Week: Coral, Yellow, Pink; Words 2 Craft By #31~Just Keep Swimming

Hello, hello!

Hope everyone had a marvelous week!  We had a most delightful visit with my mom-in-law, enjoyed lovely warm temperatures and even went blueberry picking at a near-to-her-place U-Pick farm! I. Love. Blueberries!  We had our little pail filled in about 20 minutes, and have come home with close to 5 pounds of the tasty blue gems. I see blueberry muffins in my future...

Today, I'm once again delighted to be joining the Just Us Girls team with the new challenge: Just Us Girls Challenge #352~Colour Week:  Coral, Yellow and Pink. Scrumptious!


During our Kelowna visit, I had opportunity to shop in a real brick-and-mortar crafting store (Ever After...isn't that a great name?), where the sweet owner, Amanda, had set aside a 'please must have' set of stamps and dies for me:  Hero Arts Colour Layering Seahorse!  I didn't have opportunity to achieve 'finesse' in stamping with them (needed an 'extension on my 'homework' *grin*), so my card is a 'first effort' (please don't look too closely...rough edges to be seen...).  Still, I'm so glad that I decided to pair this set for the Colour Challenge....pink, coral yellow  just seemed 'right' for my little seahorse, starfish, shell and background bubbles.  I also made a shaker but I'll save it for down-the-road; the pink and coral sequins were great, but the clear ones: Nope! They're iridescent, so I felt they ventured too far from the colour parameters. Stay tuned...an appearance will happen.

Anyway, here's my card:


To all my wonderful friends, I truly do wish you oceans upon oceans of joy!  As you know, I'm still behind in commenting, but catching up...slowly, slowly!  Thank you for sticking with me!

Once again, THANK YOU to the amazing Just Us Girls team for this third outing with you! So. Much. Fun!

Hope you'll play along in this lovely colour challenge!  So many possibilities...

Also sharing at:

Words 2 Craft By #31~Just Keep Swimming

Happy Little Stampers July Anything Goes with Dies Challenge



Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!

25 comments:

~amy~ said...

Beautiful! Love what you've done with the Layering Seahorse set!
How fun for you to get to go to a brick + mortar shop!

Jeanne said...

So glad you had a wonderful visit with family. I'm sure you are going to love each and every bit of those blueberry muffins when you get to baking them. So fun to do new and different things! How fun to go to a brick and mortar store. Isn't sad that there aren't too many of them around anymore? It's fun to hold those puppies in your hands before plunking down the cash/card. Onto your card...it's gorgeous! First time effort...can't even tell. You did a fantastic job! The color on the seahorse is fantastic and the rest of the elements just enhance the seahorse. And your background! So, so pretty! Wonderful work! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Hugs!! :)

Nancy said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card Carol! Sounds like a great time too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun beach images -- cute card

Marisa said...

Totally adorable, Carol :)

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so pretty!!
Enjoy your blueberries! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Freshly picked blueberries, yummmm! It sounds as if you had a wonderful time with your mother-in-law!
And your card is so sweet! Love the soft colors and the sentiment!

Brenda said...

Yum, I too, love blueberries and eat them everyday in my baked oatmeal Carol. I also love blueberry muffins. Oh my gosh, when did this comment turn into food?!! lol I love, love, love your card my friend! I see no rough edges at all, instead I see a beautiful ocean treasures in wonderful colors! Love that background stenciling too, give the feel of being at the shore for sure! lol Hugs, Brenda

Sybrina K said...

Carol,

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. What's not to love about time spent with family, blueberry muffins, and a trip to an old-fashioned craft store?!

This card is just adorable! Love the colors, design, and placement of your (perfect) sentiment. Thanks so much for joining in our Just Keep Swimming Challenge at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Pam said...

Sounds like a fabulous visit! I do love my blueberries. I also went to a new to me crafting store today. Can you imagine that i went way over budget - even after reluctantly putting some items? Your card is a masterpiece! Love those beautiful soft colors.

Taunya Butler said...

Blueberries are my husband's favorite and I am growing to love them too!! Your card is delightful and perfect and pretty and well done and well it is just perfect!!! Perfectly awesome!!! Love it and think the colors are so gorgeous!!! So sorry I have not been around - I have been gone all week in the mountains to a Youth Girls Camp for my church, and the week before that I spent preparing the crafts for them to make up there!! I plan on posting the crafts on my blog soon!! Take care and forgive me for the late comments!!! I will be back ASAP to catch up on all your delightful and fun posts!! Hugs to you!!

Greta said...

Great sentiment & fun card!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great use of the challenge colors! Your card is adorable!

Petra Swart said...

Fresh blueberries!!! - wonderful - nothing like a freshly baked blueberry muffin with tea, hey - or what about a scone with blueberry jam - yummy!!!!
I love your sea-themed card - love how you have used the colours and the soft stencilling is just great!!! So beautiful and such a lovely sentiment!!! Love it a LOT!!!!
Hugz

Annie S. said...

This is so soft and beautiful, Carol. I love your layout and background bubbles! Thanks for playing along with the W2CB Challenge!

Bobby said...

That seahorse is adorable, Carol, and the sea creatures were a great choice for the color theme. I'm so glad you have been playing with us at JUGS. Ah, blueberries. I need to go pick some of my own before the season is over. My fav is the blueberry sauce I make to pour over pancakes.

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous card Carol...so in love with your darling seahorse! How nice to have so many wonderful blueberries too...a try of muffins would be nice.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that soft background paired up with the adorable seahorse, starfish and shell. Awesome use of the colors for our challenge this week. So glad you are with us as our Guest Designer this month!

Barb Ghig said...

I think you did an amazing job stamping the seahorse and your sea shells are just beautiful, Carol! Gorgeous color palette and stenciling, too...such a lovely card!

Ina G said...

Simply stunning. Such a beautiful layout Carol. Love having you as our Guest this month at JUGS.

Geri said...

I love that you stamped the small black bubbles over the lightly inked larger bubbles - awesome effect! Beautiful soft ink colors...so pretty!

Anita in France said...

Lovely layering of those fabulous images, Carol ... this is so pretty! A real life craft store and blueberries all at the same time ... can I just say yum ... and yum! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Such a cool set of stamps, and you have made a wonderful card with it. Love your cool color choices and your stenciled background. How fun to shop in an actual craft store.

Judy Woodland said...

What a beautiful and perfect card for this challenge. I LOVE the soft colors and your design is fantastic. Just enough on there, and not too much. Very stunning!!!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Simply Gorgeous..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stamper's anything goes with dies Challenge.