Friday, July 29, 2016

A Dip in the Ocean...Inkspirational Challenge #114~Word Prompt: Dip, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes, Get Creative Challenge #44~Lots of Blue, Words 2 Craft By #31~Just Keep Swimming

Hello,

Another two weeks has whizzed by (wait a minute...the entire month has whizzed by!) and it's time for my amazing DT and I to welcome you to Inkspirational Challenge #114~Word Prompt: Dip


Dip...yep, that's right. Dip. I won't bore you with a discussion of how many interpretations crossed my mind ( including thinking about some of the 'dips' I've met in my travels *grin*), but since I didn't have chip-and-dip images, or fancy dance move images, or "dipping below something" ideas, I went with what stuck in my mind from the first time I saw the prompt: a "dip" in the ocean. Couldn't get beyond it...so, I heeded the call.  

Yes, my Hero Arts Layered Seahorse set has received several play dates of late, but...I love it! Hope you'll bear with just one more little creation...


A seahorse shaker that makes me smile and yes, my husband has given it a shake-a-roo and has pronounced it in 'fine working order'. As I mentioned previously, he really 'does' have a thing for shaker cards...tee hee!

For more inspiration, please visit the Inkspirational gals to see how they 'dipped' into this challenge:


Your turn!  
Looking forward to seeing your dip-themed projects in the gallery!

Also dipping over to: (okay, okay...I'll stop it...)





So glad you spent part of your day with me; your visit brings me immense joy!

16 comments:

Pam said...

Fabulous card! I think I may need that seahorse after seeing all the beautiful ways you have showcased it. Love the colors & you know I love shakers. Great job! x

Annie S. said...

I certainly don't mind seeing another seahorse! Great colors and wonderful touch with the shaker of "water!" Thanks for playing along in the W2CB Challenge! ~ Annie

Patti said...

This may sound Dippy... but I love that seahorse! I mean is it wrong to wanna hug a sea horse? SWEET shaker friend!! you have dipped to new depths with this one! giggles

Patti

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome shaker card!

Sybrina K said...

Carol, What a gorgeous shaker card... just so pretty! And, it's easy to see why you've fallen for this Hero Arts Seahorse -- especially when you ink it up so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us again for our Just Keep Swimming Challenge at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Nonni said...

This shaker is a masterpiece! I love the distressed look of your blue panel (water droplets on DI I presume) and the stamps you used are amazing and that window frame die, SO amazing... This card is brilliant!

Marina said...

Wonderful shaker, I love the colour mix of sequins and delicate sea colouring.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow such a brilliant shaker design with the underwater scene feel!! Love the images and your background looks amazing my friend! ;) HUGS

Kim M said...

That's a fabulous shaker card, Carol! I just adore that seahorse layered stamp. HA has some awesome ones this year. Wish I afford to get some. I'll just add them to my ever growing Christmas list! Lol.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful shaker card, perfect colours for the seahorse.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Geri said...

Love how you think pal! This is one cool interpretation of "Dip" (being an ice cream lover I likely would have chosen an chocolate dip cone!). I love the split panel and I love the shaker element. Cool colors too :)

Rose said...

Lovely shaker Carol and I love your interpretation of the challenge. Fabulous colour combination.

cazazzled said...

This is a very pretty project good luck http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/ch-44-lots-of-blue-and-winners-of-ch-43.html?m=1

Greta said...

Beautiful shaker, Carol! That seahorse is fun--can understand why you wanted to use it again!

Jeanne said...

Love your dip in the ocean, Carol and am happy to hear that your hubby pronounced it in fine working order. :) Your ink blending looks fantastic. The seahorse and shells really pop. Wonderful card! So happy you shared it! Hugs! :)

Bobby said...

Your sentiment is perfect for a dip in the blue and green sequin ocean, Carol. Love the seahorse.