Sunday, July 24, 2016

You can do Anything...CASology Week 207

Hello

I can NOT believe that the Tour de France wrapped up today! Where has the last three weeks gone! Withdrawal about to set in because I LOVE the Tour.  On top of it being over *sob*, to my chagrin, the rider I selected to win did not, despite all my cheering and encouraging (yes, I do, on occasion, get rather animated with what's happening on the TV screen *grin*). My husband's choice did win. I owe him a big ol' Dairy Queen Blizzard!  We did not negotiate one spoon or two...since I'm buying there will definitely be TWO spoons!   Fortunately, we have three days of officiating at bike races coming up next weekend, so my 'missing the races' will be short-lived.

Anyway...I've created a card for  CASology Week 207, which had me pondering a few directions.


I finally decided on a 'pick-me-up' card for someone going through a 'rough' patch. A couple of encouraging sentiments, paired with stamped polka-dots.  Polka-dots...little circles of 'happy'. Hopefully, my card 'works' and that your spirits are a little brighter in having seen it...


That's all....*waving*

Thank you for spending time with me today; your visit brings me joy!


15 comments:

Deidre said...

This is definitely a pick-me up! I adore the ombre circles of happy behind your sentiment :) Thanks for joining us again at CASology!

Toni said...

I love the dots! Lovely graphic design!

Aileen said...

Love that you used the sentiment like this, its perfect and never even crossed my mind as I went through my sentiments. Love your layout.

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie, the black really makes the sentiment stand out, I love the background too x

Carole said...

Your post makes me smile and your card is certainly encouraging and a great design.....very professional.As to being able to do anything and with bikes in mind.....I cannot ride a bike!!!!lol

Petra Swart said...

This card is simply awesome and for sure it will be appreciated so much by someone going through a rough time, Carol!!! Love those stencilled circles and how you've done the sentiment!!!! So beautiful!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Jeanne said...

Oh Carol, this is fantastic. A definite smile maker and so encouraging. It's Carol in a card! :) Absolutely delightful. I'm sorry that the Tour is over for you and that you have to pay up. Make sure you taste test the Blizzard so your hunny doesn't get sick. ;) Have a fabulous day and thank you so much for sharing. Hugs!

Happy Dance said...

*sigh* Polka dots.... Be still my beating heart! Your card is fabulous, and sure to uplift the spirits of the recipient. Love that 'chubby sentiment!!' It just pops against the polkies! Wonderful card. Miss you. Bev

Mac Mable said...

I have so enjoyed taking a peek on your blog. Stunning card, love the layout, the colours and that fabulous die cut x

Joyce said...

Oh, what a sweet and happy card. Perfect for a friend having a rough day. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ombre polka dots - for sure make me happy! Awesome card, Carol!

Geri said...

Polkie dots, a nice bold pop of color and really cool sentiments...LOVE IT!!! Awesome job layering the main sentiment!

Patti said...

Waving back!! Carol LOVE! the polka dots stenciled like that!! You are way too clever girl : ) And the sentiment pops in every way! Love this card. Can I CASE it? : ) if I send you a Blizzard?? giggles : )

Patti

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun and fabulous!

Greta said...

Great CAS card!