Tuesday, July 19, 2016

You are Spooktacular....Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #203~Holiday, CAS(E) this Sketch #181, AAA Cards Game #69~One Stash Favourite, The Paper Players #304~Watercolour

Hello!

Hope you're having a great week! I understand that many of you experiencing swelter-fest temperatures at the moment.  Wanna do some 'trades'? I'll send some of our rain, clouds, winds and cool temperatures, in exchange for some of your heat (not all....just some), your sunshine and your breezes?  Deal? Deal!

Anyway, today, my DT and I welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #203~Holiday


Evidently, the 'cool' weather conditions have shifted me into thinking about Fall, and in so doing, to one of my favourite "holidays": Halloween!  I'm absolutely smitten with Halloween images, which is rather curious, given we don't "celebrate" the event, aside from doling out treats to the kids who come our way. Just something about cutie-patootie Halloween stamps/dies makes me smile...and I do wind up making oodles of Halloween tags/mini cards for my niece and nephew, as well as their classmates and daycare pals, as well as their teachers.  I mean, who doesn't like a hug from a sweet 'mummy' now and then *grin*

Here's my inspiration card for the challenge, which follows wonderful Leigh's layout over at CAS(E) this Sketch #181:


Yes, I 'deliberately' made this smooshy, sprinkly-ish panel for my little dude, who I then gently, gently barely-any-water painted with the same distress inks (Wilted Violet, Carved Pumpkin and Mowed Lawn).  He needed a pal, so along came a spider...and you know the rest...


Now, it's your turn! 
Looking forward to seeing your Holiday-themed creativity in the ATSM Gallery!

Also sharing at:

AAA Cards Game #69~One Stash Favourite (Halloween-themed images)




Thank you for spending time with me today;  your visit brings me immense joy!


23 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun, Carol! Great take on the sketch!

Joyce said...

Your card is adorable, and I love the inking on your center panel. Yes--I will send you some sun and heat in exchange for clouds and rain.

Coralynn Murray said...

Such an adorable card! I love your colours and the design is lovely. He is very cute and I can see how he is one of your favourites. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Super adorable, but not at all spooky....what shall I say instead - spooktacular!!!

Suchi said...

Sooo cuteeee!! :)
Suchi xx

Carole said...

and the poor little fella can't even scream!! Love your swooshing and your colours.......a real cute card!

Carole said...

and the poor little fella can't even scream!! Love your swooshing and your colours.......a real cute card!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun card Carol and I love that background - the colours are perfect!

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness, this is so creepily fantastic! I mean I hate to be excited about a little thing being "mummified," but this is so dang cute! I adore your smooshy panel. Great effect with the wonderful Halloween-y colors. Such a fabulous card, Carol. Thanks so much for sharing. Sorry to hear your full enjoyment of summer is being thwarted by rainstorms! Hope they blow away soon. We are in our monsoon season, which means storms in the afternoon, but more humidity than usual. Yuck on the humidity, but yay on the possibility of rainbows! :) Hugs!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very cute! I love that spider :)

Melissa L. said...

Very fun CAS card, Carol. I love the inky panel. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. :)

Jane said...

You're right there is something completely compelling about Halloween images and cards and like you I have a bag of sweets but don't really take part in the celebrations. Love your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Patti said...

Shucks! sometimes my computer flubs up and my comments aren't "sticking" I commented yesterday on your BEAUTIFUL!! ... let me get this right...

smooshy, sprinkly-ish panel

: ) Awesome take on that sketch!

Patti

Geri said...

Your little mummy is so dang cute all decked out in his purple and green mummy wrap! Sweet layout - love the inked panel. The cute little spider steals the show!

donna mikasa said...

So are you saying Little Miss Muffet is all wrapped up? LOL! Super cute take on the sketch, Carol. Right down to that little spider!

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card. Love the smooshy panel. And the images are so sweet.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is adorable. Great take on our watercolor challenge. Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.

Julie B said...

I love that background strip Carol, the little mummy is so cute too. :)

Monika Reeck said...

I am not afraid looking at your card
it is so cuuuteeee
sweet idea for holiday card Carol
sorry just visit you
my mom come at 25 July till 20 sept I am busy prepare and cooking hehe
happy sunday
hugs
Monika

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, Carol...your background is AMAZING! What a great effect for a Halloween card, and perfect for your mummy! Fun card!

Mac Mable said...

So cute and so much fun x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness Carol, this is soooooo adorable!!! I love your smoothed background and matching colors on your mummy. Too cute. What a great interpretation f the sketch. I love Halloween cards too. Hard to imagine it getting on time for them to come out of the stash!!!

Greta said...

Love the background--super cute card, Carol!