Friday, July 8, 2016

BIG Butterfly Thanks...Tag You're It Challenge # 51, AAA Cards Game #68~Tags

Hello, and welcome to
This week, you'll see some exciting new changes launching with Tag You're It Challenge #51. Here's the scoop: we are introducing a Featured Designer for each new challenge who will create the tag to dazzle and inspire us! Today, my amazing DT and I are thrilled to welcome our first Featured Designer and Tag You're It Alumni member...drum roll, please....the incredibly talented, innovative, ingenious and sweet Donna Mikasa! Look at this beauty she's brought for us...

Rich warm colours, a flower and leaves, a water-coloured background in cool hues, the snippet of strips, the layout, the sentiment...she's offered us a smorgasbord of sparks to draw from.  Such a pretty work of art....

My tag draws from pretty much all the elements of Donna's tag, except for the stripes.  I rescued another 'failed' watercoloured background (talk about a fortuitous fluke..yayyy!), added a Clearly Besotted 'sunset' coloured butterfly (the inking involved a fair amount of grrrr...before I achieved a blend that was 'decent'), a few splatters and a sentiment.  My husband *had* to point out that the butterfly is BIG...and yes, I agree, but the smaller one from the set wouldn't have the same impact (assuming the impact is a 'good' one, which is what I was aiming for...)...


For more awesome inspiration, please check out what our guest designer, Julie Beech, and my DT have created; you'll be soooooo impressed:

Jeanne
Kara Lynne
Anja
Donna

Just so you know, we will still be having a Guest Designer each challenge so nothing changes there. I'm stoked about the new format and sure hope you are too!

Your turn, my friends!  How will Donna's tag inspire YOU? 
Looking forward to finding out; see you in the gallery!

Also sharing at:



Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!



20 comments:

Carole said...

Fabulous tag Carol and an even more fabulous butterfly!!

Helen Liu said...

Hi Carol, when I uploaded my card to AAA Cards Challenge, my eyes were soon caught by your tag. Your interpretation is awesome. I admire how you made the green background. How artsy!

Julie B said...

Fab interpretation Carol. Great to be guesting this time, thanks for having me.

Donna said...

I love your two tone background... Not a failure at all. Just more suited to a different project than the one you initially had in mind :)
You can also die cut from your left over pieces. X
Have a lovely weekend...

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous impact and yes it's a good one! The oversize butterfly is perfect and the colouring is gorgeous on the tag x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Swoooooon! Fabulous!!! LOVE this little tag! Beautiful rescue - although I am not sure what needed to be rescued - looks gorgeous to me!

Kara Lynne said...

Your butterfly gives a positive impact, that's for sure! Great choice! The background and butterfly along with the black spatter is stunning!

Tracey McNeely said...

Hello Carol I have returned after a too long absence. Your tag is magnificent and yes the butterfly is big which is what makes your tag so gorgeous! Beautiful ink blending. What did you splatter with?

donna mikasa said...

Thank you for your kind words, Carol, and I super LOVE your take on my tag! That is one gorgeous butterfly against the watercolored background! Hugs!

Joyce said...

This is one gorgeous tag. Love the water coloring and your colored butterfly is stupendous. I love how you got so much color gradation on that butterfly.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous background for that fabulous butterfly - which is size appropriate in my mind as it is a tag and there is LOTS of spread out room on those babies LOL!

Jane said...

Beautiful! Love the big butterfly trying to fly away from the tag. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You know I can't resist a bit of Clearly Besotted popping up now and again Carol and you've showcased that butterfly perfectly. gorgeous water colour BG and a gorgeous tag. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards. Sarah x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tag and beautiful butterfly and background-love the splatters :)
Carol x

Coralynn Murray said...

Fabulous tag! I love the design and the colours are wonderful. I have to admit that I have lots of those "failed" watercolour backgrounds as well. I just might turn them into tags as well. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!!

Anita in France said...

That was a 'failed' watercolour background, Carol?? I think not ... it's a perfect spot for that stunning butterfly showing off her beautiful wings for all the world to see! Just awesome! Hugs, Anita :)

Peanut said...

Remember me?! I fell through a worm hole and am crawling back out...hanging head in shame. Let's skip the grovelling, shall we? LOL Super tag, Carol. That butterfly is awesome! Love the water-coloury background too.
hugs Asha

Bobby said...

You and your failed watercolor panels, Carol. They were just waiting for the right project and this one worked perfectly with the 'not too large' butterfly. I feel your ink blending pain but the final results are gorgeous.

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeously done - I'm a SWOONING over this tag!!

Greta said...

Such a gorgeous background, Carol--glad you turned it into this wonderful tag!