Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Time Flies; Love Lasts...Time Out Challenge #5, CAS-ual Fridays #131: Three Thirds

 Hello once again,

What a wonderful Victoria Day Monday I had....cleaning, crafting, more cleaning, more crafting and the bonus:  a revamped entry way that has me smiling!  Amazing what a wall shelf and wall hooks can do to make teensy space less cramped.  Next, some new floor mats...

Two cards to share before I head to work, based on the charming theme over at TIME OUT Challenge #5: Time Flies; Love Lasts , where we're invited to use the entire phrase, parts of the phrase, or individual words.  Of course, the temptation to use one - or several *grin*  - of my amazing butterfly stamps and dies was high, but Mr. Mojo decided to be innovative.  Sort of.  Besides, I have other things stamps/dies needing attention, sooooo

My first card focuses on the word "time", as well as the 'concept' of love lasting, with the phrase "Once upon a time" on my sweet little typewriter stamp. Inside, reads "they lived happily ever after."  It's a mini card...yayyy for the minis!


For my second card, I pulled out my paper airplane and XOXO dies, along with some stars and mini heart, to convey the 'flies' and 'love' from the phrase.  I imagine this to be a 'missing you' or 'thinking of you' or 'love your forever' card...

I 'think' it fits the elements for CAS-UAL Fridays #131 - Three Thirds, so I'm entering it there, as well.


Hmmm...another idea for TIME OUT just pinged...I may be back later...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!




18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your sweet typewriter card..the added hearts are perfect!
Time Flies...love that one too! the paper airplane...genius. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Ardyth said...

oh, clever, clever! Love both your approaches to this challenge!

Geri said...

Love your creative thought processes! No doubt about it - these both qualify for the challenges!

Clean, crisp, creative and cute as a bug's ear! The 'mini' size really works for these images! Mr Mojo is definitely in prime form! The typewriter is awesome and such an innovative way to craft up some happy wishes, while the paper airplane will definitely be soaring to the podium!

Awesome cards Carol :)

sandie said...

So very clever and creative Carol! Fab take on the challenge. I love the typewriter angle and the red hearts really pop. That is a cool plane die and the design of this card is perfect, all the elements work so well together. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT x

Marisa said...

Love making square cards and these two are adorable. Love the typewriter one. Glad you enjoyed the long weekend :)

Kim Heggins said...

How fun to have a day off and make time for crafting! Your cards are both so sweet and that paper airplane is just too darn cute! I would love to see a photo if your new and improved entry way if you don't mind. You gotta love ikea

Brenda said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your day off Carol!! Crafting with a little cleaning/reorganizing is pretty fabulous. I'm so glad that your entry way is working better for you now! Now onto these cute cards-I am in love with the mini one-aren't 3x3 cards just the cutest?!! I love this typewriter as it is just too cute and nostalgic and I love the sentiment on it. You second card sure takes me back to the day of making paper airplanes. lol Such a cute, cute card! Enjoy your week Carol! Hugs

Anita in France said...

You romantic soul, Carol ... your cute little mini card is just the sweetest thing ... love how you've used the sentiments ... and what a fun 'time flies' card! Hugs, Anita :)

Shannon J said...

Ahhhh, these are supah sweeeeeeet!!! I LOVE that typewriter - and how fun is that sentiment, and the complimentary one inside! Those little hearts fluttering out of the typewriter are the perfect accent! And totally love the sweet paper airplane card...it so versatile and could be used for so many occasions! And of course, the design is fabulous!!! Hope you're having a good day!!!

Dana said...

Amazing mini cards!!! I love the type writer!! Awesome idea for the sentiment!! LOVE it!!

Lesley said...

Fabulous creations, love the smaller sized cards. Happy you enjoyed a restful long weekend.

Susanne Vargas said...

Love that adorable mini card and the fun paper airplane one!

Gerrina said...

Great card! Love how the little red hearts pop and that typewriter is beautiful! Thank you for taking the "Time Out"to join us, Gerrina

Tracey McNeely said...

Really neat elements on your card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Monika Reeck said...

cute three hearts dear Carol great touch on the black and white typewriter and great for the three thirds challenge...and looove the paper airplane too cuteee...and great arrangement too...love both card dear Carol,
I want to tell you many thanks for the hint to the THE CARD CONCEPT challenge..here I put one more card on my last post...hope you like to see it..

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2014/05/manly-birthday-card.html

Hugs, Monika

Kelly Griglione said...

Both great cards! Love your paper airplane going into space, just like a real one : ) The heart flight trail is a great touch too. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Joni Andaya said...

Oh so fun!!!

Greta said...

Cute cards, Carol!