Friday, May 2, 2014

Thanks...Retrosketches #112, (ETA: City Crafters #209" Speech Bubbles)

Squeeeezzzing in one more quick card before I go track down my winter gear. Oops, sorry, I said the "w" word, but the flakes have started swirling.  Hopefully the drive to the bike race (scheduled for Sunday...) tomorrow will be fine.  Last time we went to Lethbridge - a couple years back, along a route that's quite scenic - a cougar crossed the highway just in front of us.  I had no idea they were sooooooo big...and where we live, cougars are just part of the landscape.  We know they're in the trees, hiding.  Going for hikes along the trails, alone - not on my agenda. Big cats scare me...as do bears...and elk (they are massive!).  Anyway, enough critter talk..

My card is for Retrosketches #112


Just a simple little number...


Thanks so much for dropping by and your patience with my flurry of 'flash in' posts this week is soooo appreciated! Your comments truly do add sparkle to my day!

ETA:  Marina, from Inkspirational, suggested I add this to the 'new-to-me" City Crafter Challenge #209: Speech Bubbles, so that's what I'm going to do! THANK YOU, Marina - and I'll be adding City Crafter to my Feedly, as they look like a fun group!  

14 comments:

Anita in France said...

Ooh, so sweet and charming, Carol ... those little stitched buttons in colours picked out from the DP (and tea cups) are so cute! 'Flash-in' any time ... it's always a delight to see one of your posts (and your cards, of course!) Anita :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Very bright and cheerful. Just my kind of card Carol.

Kim S said...

Fingers crossed for no cougars today! (Although I bet it was an awesome sight!) Such a wonderfully simple card - I love it as a way to show off bold patterned paper!

Marisa said...

I'd love to see a cougar in real life (from the safety of a car of course LOL). They are such elegant animals. Saw Elk on our drive to Edmonton two summers ago as well as big horn sheep - both are very big LOL! Well done braving the sketch I would run from :) BTW, Verve has very reasonable shipping costs to Canada or you can use my PO box and I can ship to you once I get them. Think it would be cheaper with shipping directly from Verve as our mail costs are crazy now!

Brenda said...

Hummm a cougar crossing the road huh?! Glad you were in the car!! No hiking or biking anywhere there are cougars is a no thank you from me. lol Although we had a bear walk right out of our corn field into our yard 2 years ago. It was Memorial weekend and we were setting up for a cook out. It was HOT! So we came in to get a drink and I sat down. Hubby started hollering "there's a bear out back". I didn't believe him at first, but sure enough there was a bear. lol He made his way around to all our little towns the next few weeks. lol Love, love your card Carol! Those are some fabulous papers, love the speech bubble with your sentiment and of course the button from MCT are just darling. Hugs

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...you saw a cougar up close and personal??? I would be so scared. You are one brave lady. Your card is just amazing, I love, love your patterned paper, those sweet little stacked tea cups are just about as sweet as can be. I am calling your card a winner...this is just perfect. Enjoy your weekend along with the swirling flakes

Greta said...

Very cute, Carol! Sure hope your travels are not "white knuckle"--LOL!

Marina said...

The the combo of brightly coloured patterned papers - that speech bubble is perfect. Actually, there's a speech bubble challenge over at one of my fave challenges, City Crafter, http://citycrafter.blogspot.co.uk/, that you could enter if you're quick.

Shannon J said...

I'm not a big fan of those critters either, although I like to call them beasts!! They all faaa-reak me out!!!
Your card - la-la-love!!! Sweet as can be! Fab mix of papers and I love the speech bubble - a fun, unexpected way to punch it up!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is such a great card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Anonymous said...

WOW a cougar wouldnt be anything I'd want to cross ! But they are gorgeous! I love your card!Thanks so much for playing along this week at CCCB :-)

Kylie said...

I love bears but I've never been up close to one...nor a cougar, nor an elk....and I don't plan to either. Happy to admire from a VERY SAFE distance!! Your card, however, is one I'd be happy to admire from way up close as it is just lovely. Very cute!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is cute and fun, thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Geri said...

Absolute patterned paper sweetness! Adorned with pretty little stitched posies and Ta-Da...another fabulously clean & simply sweet Carol Creation is born!!!

Personally, I love cats....as in little, wee tiny critters than are small enough to sit on my lap! Anything larger would have me running for shelter!