Friday, May 2, 2014

Just for You....Unscripted sketches #254

Hello...another whizzing in post!  Because we're heading to Lethbridge tomorrow (maybe - the weather conditions look icky!), I'm on my 'must have a clean house before we leave' kick.  Dashed home from work, whipped up some cookies (pretty standard, as I only make mini-batches) and while they baked, grabbed the laundry, trundled it downstairs, threw in a load, came back up (huff, puff), vacuumed the upstairs, saved - by a nano-second - the cookies from being scorched (they are 'well-done...), brought the vacuum down, tossed the laundry into the dryer, where I discovered a a bundle of clothes I'd completely forgotten about (sighhh...), came back up, cleaned the main floor, back down to deal with the laundry, and now...I'm taking a break to post a card before carrying on with a couple more things before I declare "enough."

Unscripted Sketches #254 was on my radar this week, as it often is, and I "had" to play not only because of the jazzy sketch,

but also because of Kimberly's inspiration card:

Totally gorgeousness (as all her cards are). Vibrant, pretty, butterfly...swoon-inducing.

So,  I decided to "case" Kimberly's card.  My papers aren't as lovely, my butterfly is 'see-through', and my layers differ, however, what a joy it was to 'connect' with this wonderfully talented designer.  She doesn't know it, but I have several cards of hers stashed away that I plan to case at some point...shhhhh.

Here's my Kimberly + Unscripted Sketch inspired creation...


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!



9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Phew ... I'm exhausted just reading about you running round doing all the chores, Carol ... and then to top it off with making such a pretty card at the end of it all ... amazing! What a lovely colour combo and a deliciously delicate butterfly! Hope the weather's non-icky for your bike weekend! Anita :)

Kim M said...

Lovely CASE of Kimberly's card! Yes, her cards are fab aren't they? Love that butterfly! Hope you have a safe drive to Lethbridge and it's not too cold and snowy. :-)

Marisa said...

Love that butterfly die and it is wonderful against the flowered paper.

Kim Heggins said...

Hello again...as you can tell I am trying to get caught up on my commenting today. This is just gorgeous! I love your butterfly, so delicate and beautiful.

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, it is just as lovely , peacefully serene and oh so lovely! WOW, what a nice shout out from sweet C! Your talent is growing and I can really see you just nailing challenges, and doing some really great work!!!!!! Love this case, and all of your lovely butterfly cards ---as I said made me, YES, made me place a Clearly Besotted order!!!! Have a great day C, and I look forward to more awesome creativity!!!!

Greta said...

That is a neat sketch & beautiful inspiration card, but your case is just as wonderful, Carol!

Shannon J said...

Phew!! I'm exhausted from reading all of your pre-leaving activities!!! Now, I did hear on the news today that Calgary was under a snowfall warning...I was thinking if you wondering if the event had been canceled!! Shouldn't somebody tell the calendar that it's May?!!
I'm with you - when I saw Kimberly's card my jaw dropped! An it just dropped again seeing yours! An absolutely gorgeous CASE...she is going to be pleased as punch when she sees it!!! Sweet, pretty, awesome!!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous cards! Love them!

Geri said...

Totally breathtaking! The 'see through' butterfly is gorgeous! Great way to add an embellishment that doesn't cover up the pretty paper! Sweet chevron panel and another stunning compilation of DP's!

You really need to be designing patterned paper for a company like Bo-Bunny!