Monday, May 19, 2014

Hello...Freshly Made Sketches #136, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Die Crazy

Hello...and I'm overjoyed that we have a long weekend? Yayy...home today, four days of work, then off to see my family on Friday (my husband will be an official at the season's first road bike races)!  Stoked x a zillion!!

Once again, the card-making frenzy bug has bitten me.  Perhaps it's the rain. I have a couple that are post-worthy, four that didn't make the cut for entering into challenges (I think I'll have a *meh* post later for those cards, mainly as a reminder of what 'didn't' work) and graduation cards that are in the thinking stage.  I've been asked to make six for the daughter of one of our Education Assistants.  I want those to be extra sweet, but simple as well...pondering, pondering...

We escaped to the 'big city' for a while yesterday -destination IKEA, primarily - in an effort to find products to de-clutter and re-organize our very cluttered, disorganized entry way.  No closet by the door (seriously, who designs like that...seriously, who 'buys' places like this. Ummm...us...) and the one in the hallway, by the kitchen (???) is the size of a postage stamp.  At present, we have a coat rack and a square three-tiered table and a mat for shoes (10% my shoes, 90% my husband's),   Because there's a short wall separating the entrance from the living room, the space is quite squishy. Oh, for an open concept house...Anyway, we bought a wall shelf and coat hooks; the table will be moved, the coat rack may/may not stay, and I'll be, hopefully, much more pleased with the design. Plus, more room means that when my husband takes his bike outside, the wall will be sighing in relief; no more wheel smacks or handle bar bumps. Perhaps...

Anyway, squeezing in last moment with a card for Freshly Made Sketches #136

My rolled flower dies have finally come out to play...as did my 'grunge-ish' paper...



Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!!



17 comments:

Ardyth said...

So pretty! Love the polka dot blooms with the little points on the petals - gorgeous roses! Have a great day!

Nonni said...

Very pretty! Those flowers look great and I love the papers. Beautiful colors!

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully done card. Love the flowers.Hope your newly designed entry way turns out magnificently.

Blessings
Jim

Happy Dance said...

Wouldn't it be nice to find polka dot roses irl??!!! I'd love that. I sooo hear you about MEN who design spaces that don't make sense. Luckily, I have this huge house with space all over the place to stash things. Though now, I'm desperately trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible! If I could only get our grown kids to come and take their stuff.... Love your card. It just has that happy, happy feel to it, as all your cards do. Keep on making, keep on posting! : ) Bev

Anita in France said...

Sooo pretty, Carol ... lovely subtle colours and sweet polka dot dimensional roses! Ah, interior design ... how lovely ... looking forward to getting to that stage! Enjoy your long weekend! Hugs, Anita :)

Marisa said...

Loving those flowers!! Had to laugh at the fact hubby has more shoes than you! Think you need to even the score by spending the differential on stamping supplies LOL :)

Kim Heggins said...

Carol...this is just so pretty! I love your roses, and the polka dots are just so perfect and so fun. But your hello is what I really love, what die is that...I must know, it is fabulous my friend.

Shannon J said...

Those polka dotted flowes are ahhhh-mazing!!! Love the texture and the depth! And the accent strip of polkas below just make the polkas in the flowers come alive! Pretty, pretty, pretty! And yes Ikea...can't beat it for storage ideas. Their designers are brilliant! We really need to take a trip out to ours as well - something MUST be done about our disorganized garage...it's embarrassing!!! So awesome to chat tonight!!!

sandie said...

Gorgeous blooms, love the mix of papers and what a cool design, I like the grunge looking paper. Have a fun day x

Beverley said...

FABulous use of DP, I must take a leaf out of your book and use the stash of DP I have! Hugs Bev x

Brenda said...

Wonderful you got such a long weekend and got to spend it with family Carol!! That is always a nice bonus!! I hear you about the open concept house, wish I had one too. lol I don't even have an entry way, you walk in the front door and you are right at the tv and in the room. lol We don't use our front door much though, just people who don't know to come to the back door. I hope you found things that work well for you at Ikea. Wish I had an Ikea too. lol I love, love your card!!! That is an awesome sketch and your rolled flowers look amazing! I am loving that gunge paper and the colors. Oh yes, a beautiful card indeed!! I haven't played with my rolled flowers in a while either. lol May have to get them out! Hugs

Geri said...

Gasp! This card is incredible Carol! I wouldn't even dream of tackling a rolled flower...and this is what you created on a first attempt! Girl, you sure do know how to roll! Amazing DP - the grunge is definitely THE backdrop for the flowers! Another fine, fine example of your talent dear friend!!!

The "Hello"....beyond perfect!!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Carol, such a wonderful design and I love your pretty flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Dana said...

LOVE your take on the sketch!! The pattern paper flowers are lovely!! Love it!!

Susanne Vargas said...

It's late but before I go to bed I want to tell you how pretty your card is! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh wooowwww My GOD I love your flower sooo adorable and great using the sketch dear Carol...I am on behind to commenting your cards really sorry now I try to catch up...its because the Mama of my husband is in hospital and my car is not run anymore also it should be repaired...I feel sad for that both situation and no power to do many things but now I come and run on your lovely blog..hugs

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Carol--stunningly gorgeous rolled flowers! Love, love, love!