Saturday, May 31, 2014

Make Today Happy...Muse #69, STAMPlorations May challenge: Stamps and Flowers, Iron Craft Challenge Week, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

Happy Saturday!  A day of putzing about so far, with plenty of crafting time between running errands, doing laundry (well, 1/2 doing...haven't reached the dryer stage yet), making pizza dough, and going for a walk with my husband, who was riding his bike.   He's keeping his epic ride -give or take 6 hours (I know, I know...he's a crazy bike guy)  for tomorrow since the "mini" epic from yesterday burned out his legs. "Longer intervals" to blame. Yep, those longer intervals will get you every time.

Amazing happy mail arrived at my house this week: a whole bunch of FABULOUS stamps from STAMPlorations, and to say I'm excited to use them is a gargantuan understatement. Each set has like a zillion stamps *hand clapping wildly* and at the moment, I'm so overwhelmed I hardly know where to begin. Let's just say this: STAMPlorations stamps-stravaganzas are going to be happening...and here's a start.

My debut of three of my STAMPlorations stamps are heading to

Muse #69, where Cornelia's cool painted card piqued my attention...


Because I used a floral stamp strip, I'm also entering STAMPlorations May Challenge: Stamps and Flowers


Over at Chaitali's blog (she is so effervescent!), we  have a plethora  of Iron Craft themed challenges to choose from, based on the first series of guests she's interviewed (check these out: incredibly entertaining).  I selected Iron Craft Challenge Week: Inspiration 5, where the "happy" and colours from the Winnie and Walter set below are 'replicated' in my card.




Ready?  Now remember...this is an initial dabble with my new arrivals.  More practice required to do them full justice, and yes indeed, I'm up for 'more practice' with these gems.  Awesome stamps...simply awesome!!

Two photos - this first one shows the embossed happy...




Hmmm, now why did I stamp Make Today crooked?  Oh well, typical wonky me. I think I was influenced by another stamp in the collection: "Paint Outside the Lines".  Yes, that must be way, and yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

24 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my Carol, this is a fabulous card! I am loving the colors on this one!! The inspiration photo was so awesome too and I loved those colors as well. I think that repeated design is so pretty and love the way you layered it right down the paper. The sentiment embossed on top is perfect and what's wrong with wonky?!! lol To me wonky is the way to go! Cause I can't stamp straight to save my life, not even with a Stamp liner upper thingy!! I have to say that this card certainly made my day happy!! Congrats on the new happy mail! Now did you order from MCT yet too?! Have to say I did and can't wait to get my hot little hands on my purchases either. lol Of course I wanted so much more but had to reign myself in. lol Have fun playing!! Hugs, Brenda

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Carol, well that is the perfect CASE - you even used STAMPlorations stamps for your fabulous card! Wonderful rainbow you created with those strips! Thank you so much for paling along this week at the Muse!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE all the stamp happiness here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marisa said...

Great case and rainbow colour scheme. Love the stitching too. Yeah for happy mail :)

Kim Heggins said...

Carol...what a fabulous card my friend! I love your rainbow of stamped posies, just so sweet and that happy looks like it is singing on your card, so sweet and so fun! Looks like you are having fun with your new toys, can't wait to see what else you create with your new toys. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope you get more time to play!

Greta said...

Neat design & beautiful colors, Carol!

Sian Ridley said...

GORGEOUS! I'm an absolute sucker for a rainbow, especially when paired with black and white! The STAMPloration stamps are awesome aren't they...mine have been on my desk since I got them, I've hardly put them away yet!

I'm so sorry that it's been ages since my last visit - life has been super hectic and jam packed full at work and at home, but I'm hoping it'll settle down soon else I think I might pop!

I'm glad to see you've been posting and creating on a regular basis - it's good for the soul ;)

~amy~ said...

Yay for Happy Mail! Awesome work, your card makes ME happy.

Deepti said...

This is so stunning :) great use of colors and inspiration !

Susanne Vargas said...

Rainbow colors always make me happy! IMHO the slanted "Make today" loosens everything up! Just beautiful! Can''t wait to see what else you bought and make with them (I need inspirations for my sets that have been in the NBUS box for too long!)

Ardyth said...

I think tilting the sentiment really helps your eye move down your card! Love the rainbow - such a fun take on this week's Muse! So glad you joined us this week, Carol!

Anita in France said...

Rainbow colours, bold sentiments and tilted words work every time for me, Carol ... what a fabulous take on Cornelia's card! I'm just waiting for more happy cards to come from your happy mail! Hugs, Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

Love how you've used the grunge floral strip, Carol! Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations!

maria f. said...

Oh yay, Carol. That is one "happy" rainbow. Love how those floral strips look in rainbow! I've got a pastel (but really pastel) rainbow version posting tomorrow. Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations with your blooms.

Monika Reeck said...

woowww..Cornelia must be so happy that you use also Stamplorations stamp to CASE ing her card...and your also adorable like her card..nice rainbow colors ..I think you never have NO MOJO you always have a great mojo and YOU NEVER MADE BAD Card all are adorable and beautiful...see my last post please I am GDT there maybe you would like to join the challenge with flower theme on Cardmania...big hugs, Monika

Geri said...

"Make Today' absolutely begged to be crooked! So glad that you listened because it is such a 'fun way' to wish someone a happy day! Awesome stamping - love the rainbow colors!

cheiron said...

Love the neon and the rainbow palettes! Fun cards. Thank you so much for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card, Carol! Your floral rainbow strips made me smile and that crooked "make today" is just perfect -- I was visualizing your card with it lined up like the Happy and the strips and I didn't think it would have as much impact as this version does. Stamping it the way you did actually breaks the monotony of having all the elements in your card perfectly lined up straight and gives your card movement!

Hugs!
Shery

Unknown said...

Another lovely creation my dear!!! The colours are tabby and look so tricking against the black backing card. Wonky….no, I would say this is beautifully placed to add some interest to the card!! Well done xxxx

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card and the colors are so vibrant and uplifting too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow this is such a fantastic take on the Muse card Carol! The rows of pretty vibrant flowers are amazing.

Shannon J said...

Another dreamy card, Carol!! Love the colours, love the image, love the square card and LOVE the offset sentiment!!! It adds such a funky, unexpected touch!! Gargantuan LOVE!!!

Jennifer Jackson said...

LOVE what you did with the "rainbow" effect! Such a simple idea that creates a beautiful finished card!

Nonni said...

SUPER use of these stamps! Very cool card!