Friday, May 9, 2014

Coffee Date...Retrosketches #113, City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 210 ~ Citrus Flavour

Hello...another week just whooshing by and, again, I'm all giddy this morning because guess what I'm doing after work today...

Family visit!!  Yayyyy...

This Mother's Day Sunday is taking on a whole new level of 'special' because my nephew is being baptised.  My husband has other commitments, so I'm being brave heading four hours north on my own-some.  I'm not fond of solo travels any longer, however, with an occasion such as this to attend, I'm putting on my 'big girl boots'!  I've already been booked to attend a birthday party with one of my niece's day-care mates on Saturday afternoon, and I've also scheduled some 'me' time at the scrapbook outlet.  EXCITED!!

I was in the mood to use my coffee die once again, so I've combined Retrosketches #113


with the colour combination we're invited to use over at City Crafters Challenge Blog Week 210 ~ Citrus Flavour.


We had sunshine two days in a row (still chilly, though, as the windshields need their morning scrape), but today, rain is forecast to return.  Some pretty spring colours are exactly what I want to see - and I think using them on a coffee card (or anything card, at this point!), is a bit cheery...


The background is a wee bit hard to see, to I'll talk you on a quick tour: the polka dot squares are orange; the top right coffee "wordle" is yellow, the lower one, green. A bit of green and yellow cardstock, and, to quote the sweet Sian (who won this week's FUSION with her chevron stunner), "Bob's, your Uncle."

NOTE:  So honoured and delighted to have my card selected as the City Crafter Challenge #210 winner! THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!





18 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Marisa said...

Totally fun coffee card. Venti, decaf, non-fat latte for me please LOL! Enjoy your w/e away! What a special time indeed :)

Shannon J said...

Hey guess what I'm doing right now...sipping on my Starbucks tea in my Starbucks cup...!!! Yup, it looks just like the one on your card!!! Which by the way is nothing short of fabulous!!! A to the awesome!! L to the love!!! Looks like its time to remind myself AGAIN that I'm not a teenager!!! Haha...ok I digress!! Have a safe trip up to see your sweet family and enjoy all of the activities...birthday party, baptism, Mothers Day!!! Whew!!! Busy but oh it will be fun!!! Maybe we should plan for a chat next weekend??

Anita in France said...

Sweet card, Carol ... great use of those zingy colours! What a wonderful weekend you're heading into ... such a joyful time for your little nephew and your whole family ... happy and safe travelling, my friend! Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Sounds like you are having a fun weekend ahead of you! Wish you safe travels! And your coffee card is adorable!

Brenda said...

Oh boy, good for your making the trip anyway Carol! I don't like to travel along either and don't. Too old I suppose. lol I did drive 6 hours to NY taking my grand-daughter home, but my youngest was with me too and he is good with direction. But I panicked until I got by Harrisburg (our state capital) then I was good to go. I'm fine on open roads, but don't do cities! lol I hope you have a fabulous time with family my friend and a baptism too, how special!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you travel. I love, love your coffee card. I wish I liked coffee but I don't. lol But I do love your card! Orange, green and yellow are great spring colors-so happy and uplifting!! I love Emma's coffee to go cup, and the background sentiment. Loving those polka dots too. Safe travels my friend and have a great time with everyone, especially at the scrapbooking/card store! Hugs

Mandy said...

Wow, it sounds as though you have a very busy weekend ahead, and well done on doing the trip alone. I'm not one for travelling far on my own either, my sense of direction is diabolical! Your cards are fabulous Carol. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog this week during during the CBS teasers. Take care and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Mandy x

Kay Miller said...

Oh how cute!! I love the background and the colors are perfect! Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned! I hope you have safe travels by yourself and enjoy some quality time with the kiddos and in the scrapbook store! So fun! ((Hugs))

Greta said...

Hoping your drive goes without a hitch, Carol. I know you're going to have a wonderful time--so great to see your family & for such a special occasion. Just wish you'd made that card because we had a coffee date--LOL--one of these days!

sandie said...

I could do with a coffee now! And the background looks great hon x

Kylie said...

Safe travels to you and hope you have an amazing time with the family (and at the "me time" scrapbook store!). Love this card - those colours are great...why don't I ever use them?? lol Great looking card!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Shirley said...

Wonderful fun and pretty card! I just got those dies and really like the design, images and the fuzzy cutting too!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Kim Heggins said...

You are a very brave lady and I hope you are having a grand weekend! I love your card and those colors are so fun. I have that set too and you have inspired me to pull it out and show it some love!

~amy~ said...

I'm guessing you had a GREAT weekend!
What an awesome coffee card...love the background and of course, the coffee theme!

Dana said...

Super cute card!! Love the coffee and the background is perfect!!!

Geri said...

Sorry pal...been MIA for the past several days! Got tangled up with housework and painting and decorating!

Fabulous creation! Love the colors, love the coffe cup and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your design layout! You are rocking every single project dear friend!

You might want to check out the upcoming CCC challenge...just sayin'