Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thank Your for your Kindness...Less Is More #169

After this morning's "gahh...running late" performance, guess what...same thing happening now! Talk about bookends to my day.  I have a series of cards in the queue, waiting to be posted, and instead of doing so, I lolly-gag about, making more. "Last Minute: c" - that should be my blog name these days!  The bonus for you, my dear friends, is minimal chatting, but rest assured, I'll make up for it an some point *grin*...

This evening's card is heading to Less is More #169, where we're treated to this most inviting, many possibilities sketch:


I like the circle here, and I'm quite amazed by all the wonderful entries featuring circles. But did I use a circle on my card?  Nooooooo...and here's my rationale: my circles are icky!  I have some circle dies, however, they make just plain old circles (I know...nothing wrong with plain old circles, really).  Stitched circles, though- if I had stitched circle dies, now we're talking, and yep, I'd be using them. Until that happens, or until I re-adjust my attitude and show some serious love to my simple circles, appreciating them for their...well, circle-ness, I'm going for squares....stitched squares.  And butterflies...

I almost turned this into a shaker card but my wee sequin stash doesn't have the colour mix I was hoping for.  My frame seemed too empty, so I ran part of my sentiment strip across the front (which I decided to do after watching Julie's fabulous video here.).  Sequin shopping on the agenda...


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visits and comments make my day!




  











16 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie what a stunning creation, I love the sort of stitched edge can you tell me how you did this, it looks amazing, I love how you have the sentiment behind the frame so sweet and of course Butterflies :0)) huggles Pops x x x

Nonni said...

GREAT card! I love the flowers, the butterflies, the way you used the sketch. Well, all of it! :)

Happy Dance said...

Great take on this challenge, Carol. Sweet butterflies, AWESOME colors, and I love the 'split' sentiment. This is a wonderful card. Hope you have a warm and fun weekend. Bev

Chrissie said...

This is a really sweet card, great use of the sketch!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Brenda said...

You crack me up Carol, but l do agree with you in that stitching on the dies make them so much better and give the plain circles more "class". lol I love, love your take on the sketch and I love that stitch square. I have no clue where you all are getting these stitched dies from or the pierced dies, but I am sure loving them!! I really love how you took your sentiment through your frame-that was genius! I also love in the side square "garden" you have going on-very pretty! And of course those gorgeous butterflies complete this card-just lovely! Hugs

Kim S said...

I'm glad you decided to lolly-gag - this is such a cheerful card! I love the way you have threaded the sentiment!

Susanne Vargas said...

Great take on the challenge! I also liked Julie's little trick with the sentiment strip and bookmarked it for later! Good for you that you put it right to use! Have a great weekend!

sandie said...

Oh I do,love shaker cards but this is a gem too and the placement of the sentiment is fabulous, I haven't got any of the stitiched dies but love the look when ai see them x

Anita in France said...

You just had me giggling at your lolly-gagging and appreciating circle-ness, Carol ... what a fun post! What a sweet and pretty card too ... perfect DP matching and of course wonderful butterflies! Anita :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch. LOVE how you ran the sentiment panel through the photo frame! Great card.

Kim Heggins said...

I love your card and I love that you turned the circle into a square, so fabulous. In my opinion, your card is just perfect and not missing a single thins...just perfect!

Greta said...

LOVE this sweet card, Carol! I love all your cards--wow are you making great ones!

Shannon J said...

I lolly gag too...way too often! Ha! OMG I'm in crazy love with this! And love that the design emerged from a lack of stitched circle dies!! Seriously, love everything - seriously - what's not to love!! Fresh, fun, gorgeous!

Anne said...

Super card!
Thank you for your LIM entry this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Kylie said...

lol Oh Carol, how I love reading your posts - circles are icky had me giggling away. The square however...rocks! Very pretty!

Dana said...

Wow!! Fabulous design!!!! I LOVE the sentiment going trough the frame!!