Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sandie!!...STAMPlorations, Addicted to CAS #38: Off the Edge, Simon Says Wednesday: Die Crazy

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Saannnndddiiiee…
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!

Surprise!!!   Two wonderful people, Nonni and Lynn, have organized a birthday linky party for Sandie, of London Days, and I'm so excited to be joining in!  

You, Sandie are ever so deserving of this celebration!  Even though I've *known* you for a fairly short time, I know that you are amazing in every way. Your talent and creativity in transforming 'simple and clean' images to works of art is outstanding.  All of us participating in this wonderful, well-deserved Nonni-and-Lynn-orchestrated celebration of 'you' have shared our love for your cards over...and over...and over. And oh, my, but you have the the warmest of hearts!  Your comments on my cards, and those I've seen on other's sites, are sources of motivation, inspiration, and encouragement.  You are truly a gem!   Indeed, because of you, I am a full-on STAMPlorations fan and an Inkspirational design team member. 

As much as I wanted to, my capacity to case one of your amazing cards would be, well...impossible.  Instead, I decided to make you a card flavoured with my 'current' obsession...yes, a shaker card (again!!)...

I'm sharing Sandie's card in the following challenges:







Here it is....first a view in an attempt to show the sparkle of the butterfly (and apparently, with the unintended reflection from the window...)

Below is the 'basic' version...

Thank you, Sandie, for being a friend; thank for your sharing your gifts, talents and inspiration with us, and especially, thank you for letting me know that somewhere in my posts and cards, a little 'sparkle' can be found.  

Hope your special day is nothing short of fabulous!


27 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Hey Chickie!!! Gorgeous card! Love that you've got "shaker madness" going on! You're rocking it! This is fantastic, and I'm sure Sandie will love, no..., she'll simply adore this!! And we're neighbors at both Nonni's and ATCAS! Very cool. Have a great weekend my friend!! Bev

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...simply gorgeous! What a fun and fabulous card Miss Carol! So much amazingness on one card. From those stunning butterflies to your fabulous shaker, I am sure Sandie will be over the moon excited! I will be pinning this one to make another day, I love how you turned the frame on it's side, so clever!

Monika Reeck said...

Reallyyy beautifullllll I love alllll the butterfly the shaker inside and the cover of the shaker card...all are adorable....you really generous dear Carol...I think I would scream so loud if I get a birthday card from you...maybe next year...my one is already done at 10 April LOL...when is your birthday dear...please mailing me by replying this comment and I will arrange a card for you my sweet friend...biig hugs...Monika

sandie said...

I am now doing a skipping and happy dance. I am so touched by your kind words, they mean so much and your shaker card is just awesome, I love how you make these cards look so easy and yet I ended up with sequins all over the place yesterday in my attempt to make one. Thank you Carol, you are very special x

Deepti said...

What a lovely Shaker card Carol, Love that beautiful butterfly sitting there :)

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie I can finally get online again, I love this creation so so so much this should be framed, I just love the fact its a shaker card always so much fun but I have never seen one with sequins how cool is that and I love the butterflies of course have a fabulous weekend huggles Pops x x x

Kay Miller said...

Wow!! Sandie is one lucky gal to receive this beauty!! I love love the colors. Purple is my favorite :) You have colored the butterfly so beautifully and I love the patterned paper that you used. And a shaker card to boot, a true masterpiece!!

Kim Heggins said...

Hey Carol...I was looking for a link to your email on your blog but did not find one. I wanted to ask you if you would mind sharing your mailing address withe me? Thank you and I promise it is nothing bad...LOL

Kim Heggins said...

thank you soooo much!

Marina said...

What a great shaker card ; what a beautiful butterfly. Gorgeous!

Brenda said...

What a fun and beautiful card Carol!! I love the beautiful colors on this shaker card! The butterflies are amazing and I love how you stamped them inside the shaker too! So pretty!! I'm sure Sandie is going to just love this wonderful card for her birthday! Hugs

Susanne Vargas said...

Another stunning shaker card! You are really becoming an expert at those! Love how you turned the window sideways! Great take on the sketch!

Darnell said...

You have made another stunning shaker card, Carol, so perfect for the lovely Sandie! Thank you so much for joining in the Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS, too!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

maria f. said...

Love this shaker take on our STAMPlorations sketch. And sweet words for the oh-so-deserving Sandie, too!

Anita in France said...

You've become the star of shakers, Carol ... this is gorgeous ... and in such delicious 'Sandie' colours! What a wonderfully sweet tribute to the lovely birthday girl, too! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

One of my favorite shakers, Carol! Love the off-set window--great look!

Anonymous said...

What a creative look that you achieved with the shaker! I like the butterfly images below the clear surface and the feature butterfly is fantastic! Great card!
- Shauna

~amy~ said...

Yay for the fun shaker card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the sketch and an awesome shaker card! Thanks for joining in at both ATCAS and STAMPlorations.

Dana said...

You are rocking the shaker cards!! Love the gorgeous butterfly!!!

Beverley said...

Ooooo! A shaker card and a FABulous one too. You've totally inspired me to give this a go. Love the colours you've used too. Hugs Bev x

Nonni said...

What a great shaker card!! I love the frame with patterned paper and all those sequins that are shaking so happily! Very cool! xxx

Lin said...

A perfect card for Sandie's birthday - love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Shannon J said...

Here's my proper note: absolutely stunning. In every way. Breathtaking, gorgeous, eloquent. And here's the not so proper version...it's FREAKIN AWESOME - WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Geri said...

Shake, rattle and roll....yes roll...cuz you are on one heck of a creative shaker card roll! Lucky us - cuz we get to see your amazing creations!

This one is a stunner, a wowzers and a winner! The colors are magnificent and the butterfly is beyond beautiful!

Macarena said...

Love it. Great patterned window. Love the butterfly.
Thank you for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday!
Hugs, Marzena, DT

Jodene said...

This is such a pretty card, I love that little shaker window with the sequins! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)