Friday, May 30, 2014

Ice Cream Birthday...Less Is More #173: Die Cut, City Crafter Challenge Blog #213 - Birthday Banners

Happy Friday!  A cas post before I head off to work (in the sunshine!!), to share a little card I made for two challenges AND for the stash of birthday cards my sister-in-law needs for the seemingly weekly birthday parties my niece and nephew attend.  My niece is learning to print (she's so funny...it doesn't matter if the letters are aligned to make words...as long as they're 'somewhere' on the paper, that's what counts.) so this is big enough for her to put in both her friend's  name, as well as hers.  Last weekend, my brother had her practice writing 'Isabella', then once she'd done so, she was supposed to write it on a tag I'd made ages ago. We ran out of room after the ISA were done (tee heee...too cute); the 'bella' part we squished in where we could. She's getting better with 'trying' to make smaller letters, but what the hey...she's barely four.  The best part: she's interested in learning to write...yayyyy.  Actually, she did write words 'in a row' on the weekend - on my parents' driveway, with chalk - a big *Hi Uncle Andy* for my husband to see when he came back from working the bike races.  It was a 'big' message indeed, in both size and meaning.  Although she's sort of shy around him (just being goofy), she quite likes her Uncle Andy....

I'm entering my card into Less is More #173: Die Cut (I've used several on this little number, including doubles/triples of each to add dimension) and City Crafter Challenge Blog #213: Birthday Banners


Here it is....  


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

24 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

very cute Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
Jen xx

Marisa said...

Such a darling card. Love the striped paper, photo frame and yummy ice cream cone! Wonderfully done :) I have some special treasures of those big letters my kids wrote on things. Once the fine motor skills develop a bit more they do get smaller. Precious, precious message on the driveway - a memory to tuck into your heart for sure :)

Kim S said...

SO sweet and festive! I love your patterns on your cone!

sandie said...

This looks so yummy Carol! Love all the patterns and fab texture. Have a fun weekend. I am off to my neice's 21st Birthday Party down South x

Marlena M. said...

Yummy cone and card Carol! Such sweet little ones~so cute!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

That ice cream looks so delicious and paired with that cute banner and those fun stripes makes an adorable card!
Have a great weekend,
Susanne

Dana said...

Ah so sweet!!! Perfect card for summer!! Love the banner too!!

Deepti said...

This looks so adorable, love the banners !!

Anita in France said...

This is fantastic, Carol ... gorgeous sorbet colours ... good enough to eat! What a lovely story of Little Miss T and her writing ... sweet! Hugs, Anita :)

Chrissie said...

Not a lot of white space, but a super simple design and a great card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh I want that die!! That is SO adorable!! I love how you embossed it too! I could eat it up!! haha! Cute background paper and love that little banner!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a fun and sweet card! I love that triple decker ice cream cone...looks good enough to eat! and the texture on it too, just perfect.

~amy~ said...

Yay for birthday icecream cones!

Unknown said...

Yummm!!! I adore that cone! The texture and pattern are perfect. The banner and open panel are fab too!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Brenda said...

Awww, your niece is just like every other child her age.They write big and that's all there is to it! lol Actually she has a long name!! I have a granddaughter with the same name, and it isn't the easiest name to write. So she sounds like she is doing pretty darn good for her age! I did Kid Writing with Kindergartners and they wrote big too, thus why we made big books for them to write and draw in. lol How cute too that she is shy around your hubby, so sweet! Now I have to say that I love, love, love this card and will most likely CASE it! lol I love that striped paper you used, so pretty are the colors and your ice cream cone matches so nicely!! Loving all the MCT products you used on this one!! You are pretty sweet and fabulous yourself Carol, but thank you for your sweet comments. I am trying to get caught back up. It's amazes me how fast I can get behind in commenting. lol There are just to many fabulous blogs out there and I'm addicted to them all. lol Hugs my sweet friend, Brenda

Greta said...

Perfect birthday card!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Monika Reeck said...

dear Carol I am sorry ...my sister is here since 30 of May and I was busy showing her how to use bus and train here she never been in Europe she come from Indonesia...ok now I wanna say..Loveee your ice card yummy DP and yummy Ice and cute banner what should I say..perfect Bday card..Looveee this dear Carol and thanks to shout out I am the winne on Stamplorations...that was not shown in Germany I search the blog and they show 10 minutes after what a surprise..thanks danke mercy..hugs you really a GEM.., Monika

BBart said...

Wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting on the die cut challenge
What a super creation!
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Tracey McNeely said...

You have been a busy lady, so many comment to catch up on! This is the yummiest ice cream cone Carol, love all the embossing!

Shannon J said...

A-freakin-dorable!!! The card, and the printing stories!! Uncle Andy's heart must have melted as fast as that ice cream cone on a hot day!!! Love everything about the card just so much!! The banner is fabulous, the paper, um perfect, and that cone is an awesome focal point! I think I might have to go out for ice cream now...haha!!