Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bloom, My Girl, Bloom...Inkspirational Challenge #57: Word Prompt, CASology #96: Flower

Hello - and Happy Saturday!

Today, I'm excited to share the debut of a new style of challenge over at Inkspirational Challenge #57 - a word prompt - and an invitation to create a card inspired by the word "Bloom."


You'll see some amazing cards created by the oh-so-creative team:
Pia
as well as our Guest Designer, Julie

When I saw the cue word, my thoughts went directly to the 'literal' definition of bloom, and a rummage through my flower stamps.  Before I settled on the what and the which ones though, something rather magical happened. 

A few weeks back, I was honored and delighted to be the winner of a gift package from the amazingly talented, incredibly creative Kylie, over at Studio 4490 (I'll wait while you go for a visit to see Kylie's out-of-this-world colouring and scene-creating skills. You'll be WOWed by her creations).  In a wonderful speedy-mail delivery, I received the two Kaisiercraft stamp sets (amongst other amazing treats!) and one of  them had 'exactly' what it turns out I was looking for...


Not only is the flowers set funky cute, but a close up reveals that the petals all have words of encouragement; words to inspire a person to 'bloom' - to grow, to learn, to laugh, to explore, to experience the richness of life...

In a flash, I knew exactly who I wanted to make cards for....

Those of you who've followed my card-making journey know that one of the lights of my life is my niece, who just turned four years old.  She is a whirly, twirly, giggly, wiggly, sweet, cute little gem ( yes, yes, I am a biased Aunty C), who is such a gift to all of us.  

At four, she's growing and learning by leaps and bounds. She's discovering the world is a 'big' place, that is sometimes inviting  and welcoming, and sometimes not.  She's discovering that sometimes, she has to 'take responsibility' for how her days play out. She's discovering her place and her space.  She's 'blooming'!

I know she'll learn to read the words on *her* special flowers.  And I hope beyond hope she will have every opportunity to bloom every single day.  My girl, Aunty C, loves you!!  May you always "Be You"!!


The yellow flower reads:  laugh, giggle, play, smile, twirl.  
The blue flower reads: learn, explore, experience, discover, journey, wonder

We're visiting my family this weekend...I'm excited to give her these cards today!!

Please check out the DT cards, then come over to Inkspirational Challenges with your 'bloom'-themed creations.  Looking forward to seeing how you've been inspired!

I'm also sharing over at CASology #96: Flower


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day.


30 comments:

sandie said...

These are just the perfect blooms for our challenge. How fab that they have 'blooming' words on the petals, so perfect for your niece. And especially like the sentiment with the added dimension. I think we could all do with a card like this to remind is to be ourselves!

Marina said...

How wonderful that you've made our 'word prompt' personal to you and these lovely cards are bursting with personality. I bet your niece is delighted.

Nonni said...

These are great!! I really like the bold stamps and the sentiments. Cute and fun!! Have a great weekend visiting your family. xxx

Julie B said...

Love those bold flowers and the lovely sentiments. My grandson is nearly 4, they grow up so quickly. Thank you for your comments, they mean so much. x

Tracey McNeely said...

Both so beautiful they are such fun blooms. Your sweet little niece sounds like she is delightful. They are such sponges at this age and I bet she will ask right away what those words are. Enjoy your visit!

Marisa said...

What fun flowers, perfect for your niece. You will no doubt receive big hugs for them too - always a bonus :) Darling cards.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Carol, these cards are so adorable!!! I so love those fun flowers with the words on them. How perfect they are for your adorable niece! I know how you feel about her, I feel the same way about my granddaughters and one grandson-they amaze me every single day! Love, love them to pieces!! Just like I love these cards. Now I'm gonna have to take your idea and run with it using what I have. Hugs my friend

Loll said...

These two cards are so sweet Aunty C! :) I'm sure your sweet niece will LOVE them. Great timing with the mail delivery :) Loll xx

Kim M said...

These are so sweet! And your sentiment behind them is so lovely. Your niece will love them. :-)

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I like that you added the words to the petals and love the stitching around the outside.
- Shauna

Lesley said...

So much fun...vibrant colours and the clean look is perfect...you let the stamps shine!

Susanne Vargas said...

Those flowers and words are so perfect for you niece! Don't you love when that happens? Those cards are so darling!
Have a great weekend,
Susanne

Shannon J said...

Oh rats!! I had meant to send you a little "travel safe and have fun" note for your trip to see your family...and obvi that didn't happen!! This shift work is messing with my awareness of the calendar WAY too much!!! Hope you made it up safe and sound and having a delightful time with the fam!!! I'm a million percent sure that Miss Niece is going to LOVE her cards as much as I do!!! And love the sentiment...it's never too soon to start encouraging her to be herself and love who she is!!! And of course the design...absolutely fabulous, C!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW!! Loveliness abound, wonderful large flowers and you have made them sing!

Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!!! I love seeing all this creativity and beauty for every single challenge- I am just blown away! Thanks so much for being a part of it!!! Your cards are a special treat!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...wow....wow! Both of your cards are amazing and just too cute! First, those colors are amazing together, they make me smile and I am sure your sweet little niece will be over the moon excited to have them. Second, enjoy your time away with your family this weekend. Looking forward to hearing your fun "auntie" stories when you return.

Anita in France said...

Such a fabulous post, Carol ... and what glorious cards for little Miss Niece ... those word petals are so perfect for her to absorb into her blooming life! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Anita :)

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my Gosh both are adorable and soooo lovely I believe she will jump and hugging you after see this lovely card...both are with different colors and great sentiment too my dear Carol...and see so many popular ladies commenting your lovely blog you are popular and lovely Person Carol...I am so happy to find you through blog land..wish one day I can meet you in person...I will cook fried rice or you prefer fried noodle...its Indonesian style and I believe you will like it....hugs from Munich, Monika

Pia Larsen said...

Love these quirky flowers on your cards! Can understand why you like the stamp set so much :o)

Happy Dance said...

This pair is so darn sweet, Carol! Love how you used your prize stamps for this. That Kylie sure is special. Love the stitched frames around those awesome blossoms!! Great cards. You're definitely an inspiration. Miss T will adore these special cards, but not as much as she adores you! Have a good week, my friend. Bev

Angela said...

Your pretty flowers are so bright and cheerful!

maria f. said...

Awww, what a good auntie. That personalization is what is so cool about our hobby. And I think I saw you listed as a winner somewhere today... Was it Winnie and Walter? Heads up.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

How did I miss this news about a new DT spot! CONGRATS!!!

I loooooooooove those cards-- those flowers are beautiful and I LOVE the die cut sentiment! I must get that die ASAP! I love that you personalized each card--- you are sooooooo sweet and AMAZING:)

Hope you are doing well! I'm sorry I've been MIA! Let's set up a time to Skype or FaceTime! Thoughts?!

Marlena M. said...

Your niece is so blessed to have such a special Aunty in this big world. ;) My aunt was my lifeline...esp. during the turbulent teens (she was the cool one that took me to see Journey live-I could tell her EVERYTHING). These cards are darling...perfect!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Hey Carol did you see you won at Winnie and Walter??
Congrats and enjoy

Joni Andaya said...

Oh...Carol! This is Gorgeous!!! Oh so love this :)

Geri said...

We all know who was grinning from ear to ear, twirling & whirling about, clapping her hands wildly.....when these two pretties were discovered! Awesome stamp set and AWESOME shading! The stitched mats rock (how many times have I said that?)

Hope you had a great visit filled with tons of hugs and butterfly kisses!

Darnell said...

You are in the middle of your cherished visit, Carol and I can picture your niece's sweet face, and your happy one, as these cards were handed over in person!! They are just the cutest cards ever and the important message is one I know you will make sure she hears over and over as she grows! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

What a wonderful stamp set & I love how you used it, Carol! That little cutie (& smartie!) will be "reading" the petals the minute you give her the cards, I bet! Enjoy your family time!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so sweet!

Deepti said...

This is so very sweet, love the sentiments on the petals and cool colors :)