Monday, November 25, 2013

Signature Collection...Clearly Besotted challenge #6: Christmas

At some point this fall, I discovered, and subsequently was totally smitten by, the blog and products over at Clearly Besotted Stamps.  Magic happens when Stephanie creates cards. Magic.  Over the course of the past short while, having tossed 'exercising restraint' to the wind (one needs to listen to the voice of *want and need*), I've welcomed some CB products into my home.

One combination that I delighted in was the Signature Christmas Addition stamps and dies (should have bought the full Signature stamp collection, too. Silly me. Oh well, looks like I'll need to shop again.).

Even though they're 'last year's' models, they are 1,000% timeless, with their beautiful wreath, ornament, tree and bow images, and the small, yet delicately scripted 'Merry, & Bright" sentiment.  The Christmas challenge (I'll wait while you check out Stephanie's and the DTs samples. Delicious eye-candy, every one!).was the perfect opportunity to bring my small collection to the stage. This is a debut, and already I have ideas of how to renovate and re-create.

Here are my little 3 X 4 cards, with their accompanying envelopes which, yes, I know, bear a remarkable resemblance to their soon-to-be contents.  Sweet dies and stamps like these: they're just tooooo hard to put down!  My big wish for Santa: more inks, because my palette of, oh...seven colours...doesn't provide for 'coordination' opportunities.  So,  yes, you'll see shades of red and green that don't quite match those in the patterned papers, but...I've tried to come as close as possible. Ink challenged = me!  That aside, these dies and stamps are superb; hope I've done them justice...

Here are the three cards...

Here they are with their matching envelopes:




The envelopes are a MCT die.

Apologies for the poor photography: my camera needs a new operator!! In real life, these are quite cute, and yes, they all have a wee bit of glitter...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!
c



10 comments:

Shannon J said...

Dang Carol, I LOVE these!!!!!! And those envelopes are AH-MAZING!!!!!!!! You are brilliant! I am going to have to pay more attention to CB - what awesome images! I am head over heals in love with that wreath! And you make them shine on your designs! Seriously, you ROCK!! xo

Darnell said...

These are just darling, Carol! You've certainly convinced me that you're sold on the CB stamps. I've seen them all around the Land of Blog, but it's one company I haven't tried yet. (There are so many!) I can see that I am going to have to add to my Wish Book and bring in even more NBUS in the new year!! Thank you for the recommendation! Hugs, Darnell

Dana said...

Wow!! Cards AND envelopes!! Awesome!!

Geri said...

Carol, your photography skills are just fine! Heck, you could snap a picture of your cards in the dead of night and they would still shine, shine, shine!!!

So obviously I'm not the only one swooning over the envelopes that are so perfectly and sweetly coordinated with the fabulous cards! The colors on the wreath card are so pretty! Ink challenged? I'm thinking not...more like total creativeness in making what you have work...you're the master!

Whip up a bunch of these sets for next year's craft sale and you'll definitely be in the money...but only until it gets spent on um.....product!

FABULOUS work :)

Greta said...

Oh these are wonderful, Carol! I can see why you couldn't resist adding CBS to your collection--great images & with dies--yah! Only wish you were close by as I have enough inks for an army & we'd have such fun creating together! Dreaming of a Bend get-together, my friend!

Michelle said...

I love these! The matching envelopes are darling! Great cards!

~amy~ said...

What a sweet sweet trio of cards!

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet, Carol ... made extra special by the gorgeous matching wee envelopes ... yum! I was ink challenged till very recently ... throw more caution to the wind and get some more ... you'll be amazed at what happens ... it's sooo much fun ... and I want/need more! Anita :)

Kim S said...

I so agree with you!! Those Signature Christmas stamps were CBS's first release and I fell in love with them. But they didn't come live with me until the Additions set and dies came out - then the entire collection came home. You have shown them off perfectly! Some pretty paper and one of the patterned images - and it's lovely. I wish it would occur to me more often to do envelopes - thank you for the inspiration!

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, you've created FABULOUS cards with this set, and their matching envelopes look beautiful :) Thank you so much for joining in with the Clearly Besotted Challenge, it's very much appreciated x