Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Advent *Calendar* for my niece...Cut-it-Up Challenge Blog #32: Countdown, Simon Says Monday Challenge: Countdown.

Hello, and wishes for a most wonderful Tuesday to everyone.

My niece's Advent *Calendar* is finished, except for one item, that I'll explain later.  While my project is a countdown calendar, it's far from being a 'calendar' in size.  Just call me "Aunty Overboard"...

Here are the details:
  • each 'day' is cut from red or green or white cardstock, using Lil 'Inkers rectangle mats.  They're like little postcards...
  • numbers are Paper Smooches digit diecuts, from AC gold foil paper
  • images are a smattering from my collection: Newton's Mischief, Inkadinkado, MCT, TAWS and others...a bunch of NBUS that finally had a chance to play. Every 'day' has some glitter on the image, because Miss Three Years Old loves sprinkles that sparkle.
  • on the back of each day's mini- card (which I didn't photograph, because, as you can see my lighting was not cooperating!! Grrr...) I adhered a mini-kraft bag, which includes a little note for the day's activities (along with "Aunty C loves you") as well as a few coins.  Part of making the calendar is for her to collect the money, and put it in a special envelope - the item I have yet to make - that she'll put in the Children's Offering at church on Christmas Day.  She was fabulous in doing this with last year's Advent calendar, so this year, because she understands the concept of 'helping those in need' better, will be doubly heart-warming.
'Nuff talking...here's my *Calendar* (and again, apologies for the picture quality...the white really is white!!).

Oh yes, I'm entering this into the countdown challenges at Cut-it-Up Challenge Blog and Simon Says Monday Challenge.










Taking a photo of the entire production was a challenge - best I could do was standing on a chair, looking down...


Anyway, I hope Ms. T likes it.  Next on the schedule is my nephew's...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments brighten my day!



21 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Oh, my gosh. This is amazing! Not only do I love all the little boxes, but I love the idea behind it. Your niece is a very lucky girl.

Thank you for joining us for our Countdown Challenge on Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! This is adorable :) I'm sure your niece will just love it!

Happy Dance said...

Dang Girl!!!! Little Miss Tessa will adore this. And I'm sure her parents think you're just the best to do this for these little ones. I sure wish you'd have been MY auntie!!! Wonderful, dear friend, and well worth all the effort. But then, when something like this is done out of love, it isn't really an 'effort' is it?. You Are the Best. It's just true. Bev

Shannon J said...

Eeeeeeekkkk!!!!!!!!!! It's the moment I have been waiting for!!! And WELL worth the wait! HOT DANG, Carol, you did not disappoint! This is AMAZING, BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE...aaaaakkkkkkk!!! Holey Moley! WOW!!! Every one of these is just a treasure. Still picking my chin off the floor. I just LOVE the little pockets you are putting on the back too - what a sweet way to show your love for Miss T, and for her to show her love for others!!! Heartwarming a zillion times over. THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Virginia L. said...

True labor of love! So amazing!

Greta said...

I am completely in awe of this incredible Advent "calendar"--oh my goodness what a treasure! I hope your brother or sister-in-law will take pictures of Ms T as she opens each day!

wienerhoneymooners said...

That is an enormous bunch of work!! Cool stuff Carol!!! All the little kitties, so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful...you are definitely a super star auntie!

Migdalia said...

This is just beautiful! Absolutely Amazing!
Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenge.
Migdalia

Marisa said...

What a labour of love. I'm sure they will love receiving their advent calendars!!

June Houck said...

Super sweet; you are an awesome auntie for making this wonderful advent calendar for your niece. Thank you for playing along with us at Cut It Up!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh WOW! I love it and so will your niece!! Aunty Overboard...awesome!! :D I love the gold numbers,the images you choose and the idea behind it is great!!!!!

Geri said...

If I knew a way to adjust the font in a comment box, I would set it to "beyond large" and type the biggest WOW possible! I am speechless (well not really cuz you know me). This is truly a work of heart - made by your hands, with tons of love! Do you realize what an amazing keepsake you have created for her? Something that will be forever treasured. Each little card is amazing - I love the shiny gold letters - and I' quite sure Tessa will love them too (don't all girls like things that are shiny AND gold!).

Totally Aunty Overboard for sure...but in the best way ever!!! You are one special lady :)

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is really AWESOME! I'm sure your niece will enjoy the anticipation of each day leading up to Christmas! What a fun creation! I also love that I spy some Holiday Newtons in there! Your coloring is so pretty and soft - did you use colored pencils? Love it!

Dana said...

Wow!! This is a huge awesome project!! Love the variety of images!! A great way for little ones to learn to give!! Wow!

Anonymous said...

........................... This was me, Carol, speechless whilst admiring your amazing calendar for little Miss T ... it's charming, delightful, delicious and sooo much fun for a little one! I love that there'll be an envelope for Miss T to collect all the coins in for church on Christmas Day ... a wonderful way to share the love! Anita :)

Cindy said...

This is really cute! Your niece is going to love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic way to countdown to Christmas, I love the images and the traditional red and green colour palette. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Sorry I am slow to visit, but look at this creation! Each one of these is a piece of art! Fabulous job my friend! Thanks for coming to visit me regularly too! Oh and thanks for playing at CIU!

Kim S said...

YOU are amazing!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful project and a great idea for the coins! Thanks for joining CIU challenge!