Friday, November 29, 2013

Peace on Earth....retro sketches #91, Uniko Studio Challenge No. 5 - Christmas or Winter Holiday Theme

Another zip in and out, before a link closes. By now, I should have dates/times figured out rather than last minute hand ins. Perhaps all those years of being a teacher, dealing with assignments handed in late, often with quite clever rationals rubbed off on me more than I realized...

A few weeks back, a wonderful, delightful win came my way: Uniko Studio's Peace on Earth set. Please, please, plan a visit over at Beverley's site: you'll come away with new inspiration and a deep desire to welcome her stamps and dies into your collection. Trust me: you will, and you will be delighted. Major delighted!

This is the debut of my set, with many more ideas sparked as I worked with the crisp, pretty images. The dove, the boughs and the sentiments: timeless....

Retro sketches #91 is my layout inspiration (adapted somewhat, as you'll see);


The three sets of images are on individual panels, with the center one popped up. 
More embossing practice, too, and the ink "fade" was my attempt to match the leaves in the 
pretty Bo Bunny Silver & Gold patterned paper.

I'm also sharing this at Uniko Studio Challenge #5: Christmas or Winter Holiday Theme.  Beverley: hope I did justice to your lovely Peace on Earth with this initial  use. It truly is beautiful...

Thank you so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!







11 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

How lovely and inspiring! I LOVE Beverley's stamps!!

Shannon J said...

SO PRETTY!!! Eeeeek! I haven't heard of Uniko before - I am going over to have a look RIGHT NOW. Okay, well *after I finish my comment right now!!*. What gorgeous images, and Carol, you have made them shine! Your fading technique is just lovely, and plays with the patterned paper just so well! Gold embossing: perfection (and gorgeous!). Ahhhh, love it!!!

~amy~ said...

Great job with your new goodies and genius for rotating the sketch!

Beverley said...

This is stunningly gorgeous & you've certainly done my stamps more than justice with this creation. I love how you've rotated the sketch and also the ink fade to tie in with the DP and the dove in gold = FABulous! Thank you SO much for your sweet kind words & for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

Geri said...

Beautiful, stunning, classy and elegant! Your embossing is flawless! Love the ink fading technique - the idea to replicate the DP is totally brilliant!

By the way, I'm sooooo glad that I'm not alone with last minute 'hand ins'. I have resigned myself to the the fact that this will never change and now embrace the adrenalin rush that I get when I actually manage to squeak something in in the last few seconds!

Greta said...

OK--you've got me checking out Uniko now--you're a "bad" influence--keep adding to my wishlists when I visit your blog--LOL! LOVE this beautiful card using your wonderful new stamps!

Anonymous said...

You've showcased this lovely set beautifully, Carol ... wonderful gold and green and brilliant embossing! Squeaking in at the last minute ... yep, I'm right along with you ... so much so that I'm thinking I've missed most everything this weekend ... ahhh, life! Anita :)

Cindy Lovell said...

What a beautiful card,Carol!! I love how you used Beverly's Stamps!! I need to get my hands on some Uniko Studio Stamps sooner or later!! I love the gold and the embossed pieces!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love this sketch flipped. The gold strip is the perfect amount of luxe for this elegant design...and Uniko stamps are a new fave of mine...funny how product from the UK makes it to me faster than from the US...or even Canada lol!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I was shocked to see this is a SHORT post--- but now I know why! In and Out before the deadline! LOL! TOOOOOOO funny! I'm literally laughing out loud! Not because you almost missed a deadline- but because it happens to me ALL THE TIME! LOL!

LOOOOOOOVE this sketch flipped-- and those gold accents on your card are PERFECT! GORGEOUS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love that your leaf image matches the paper-- AMAZING! You nailed this card and sketch!

ps.... I just told Shannon that I put on my "to-do" list that I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to email you two! I promise I will! Don't give up on me yet:) <3

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!! I love the ink "fade" - it perfectly frames the lovely dove!