Sunday, November 17, 2013

#Christmas...Freshly Made Sketches #112

Hello again,

In my previous post, I shared two tag cards. Two out of the three that can be made with one sheet of card stock. A poor single tag remained, sitting alone, neglected, when a sudden *flash* of inspiration hit.

This week's Freshly Made Sketches #112 is clever,
but all week, no pings (as Happy Dance Bev, would say), no hamsters running about with ideas (as Darnell oft claims), no nothing. Until I spotted my "need to use you soon" set of Freshly Squeezed Stamps - Hello, December - that I recently had the delight of winning.
That set and I: we had a mini-mind meld.  And the tag was lonely no more...


Isn't this paper funky? BoBunny Christmas pad...

Yes, my embossing needs work, but I hope I've conveyed that this set is a whole lot of fun! Ideas for
using the other images are pinging and ponging even as I write. Glad they've had a
debut; next time, their showcase will be even better!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!



13 comments:

None None said...

Cute!!! Love the graphic look of your card and the stamp set you used is perfect!

Shannon J said...

SO AWESOME, Carol!! I love the fish tailed ends of the card oh so much!! Funky paper - YES, fabulous use of the sketch - you bet, fantastic card all around - can I get a HECK YEAH!!! You have showcased your win (congrats!!!!!!!) perfectly! (can I just say how much I love the hashtags too?!!!). It looks like there are many signs here of pings and hamsters everywhere!!

Kim S said...

Brilliant! I had already discarded the sketch as way too hard. Your word bubbles are absolutely right for it. (And I am in love with that stamp set!)

Unknown said...

Super cute!! Great ideas...what a fun card :)

Greta said...

Well, it may have taken awhile, but you ended up with a terrific card using the fun sketch--love it, Carol!

wienerhoneymooners said...

You have conveyed nothing but FUN NESS Carol!!! Thanks for that, and your endless encouragment, so wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win, Carol ... brilliantly showcased with your fab and fun tag card in such cool colours! Still singing Sweet Caroline ... suspect that'll be the case for the rest of the day! Anita :)

Jen Brum said...

Great card Carol! Love those speech bubbles! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

How cute is this?!? Very clever!

Darnell said...

Me and my hamster heartily approve of your resolution on how to use your tag, Carol, especially since you used NBUS, as well - and so well!! Hugs, Darnell

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for leaving such nice comments on my blog :)

Marlena M. said...

This is delightful Carol~those speech bubbles are so much fun. Congratulations on your recent win~what a blessing! Thank you for your recent showering of encouragement~it made my day friend! ;)

Geri said...

WOW! While I was sitting in a boring training session in Winnipeg, you were on one heck of a creative roll!

Another fabulous way to use your clever tag idea! Speech bubbles - great way to showcase the sentiments.

BTW, your embossing looks perfect! I don't know if it is just me, but I find that the paper often makes a difference....even when wiping with a Bounce/dryer sheet prior to embossing.

If you're interested....try using a really small eye shadow brush and a magnifying glass to get those stray flecks of powder off the card.