Saturday, November 16, 2013

Framed 25...Paper Smooches SPARKS:Designer Draft Challenge, Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a most fabulous weekend doing whatever makes your heart happy.

My entire day – no exaggeration, I mean ENTIRE – has been solely focused on all things card-related. Nasty weather, combined with my husband out of town once again (yes, we do have the occasional weekends together…J), so I did precisely what I wanted.  You’d think with the hours upon hours I dedicated, I’d have a plethora of cards to share. Nope. Hours invested did not translate to productive output.   Sum total of my accomplishments: 2.5 cards.  Sum total of my dithering around, trying something, abandoning said something, looking at blogs, more playing, plenty of scrapping: HUGE!  If we were to calculate a ratio, it would be embarrassing, so I’m not going there (but a ball park would likely be .5 accomplishment:99.5 whatever else I was doing. Yeesh!)   Mr. Mojo, I believe, was resting on his laurels and I can’t blame him; my niece’s Advent Calendar was quite the production this week.   One more item to be made, and hers will be a wrap. Then we turn to my nephew’s…

One of my completed cards is for Paper Smooches  SPARKS: Designer  Drafts challenge.


As I’ve mentioned before, my PS Christmas stamps span the Merry Christmas sentiment set only.  I do, however, have other PS items (and you’ll see a ‘number’ of them on my Advent Calendars), so I adapted and in so doing, tinkered a bit with the sketch…(grrr..to this stickykeyboardthat is     drivingmecrazy!)


My numbers are cut from red shimmery paper, which you can see better in this photo:


Just in case: my 'frame' is meant to represent the "focal" portion of the sketch, and the #5, 
popped up, is my interpretation of the hexagon image. Hope this sort of makes sense...

I'm also linking to Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Anything Goes. The number of entries is astounding - over 425! Talk about inspiration potential! Hazel: you're amazing for organizing this for us, on top of your weekly challenge, which, should anyone need some ideas, invites us to create a Christmas card that features *indoors* in some ways (visions of stockings hanging on a bough suddenly popped into my mind...hmmm).

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!


13 comments:

Greta said...

Wonderful elements, Carol, & you put everything together perfectly! I do love your style, my friend! Enjoy your "me" time--not getting cards done doesn't mean it wasn't productive. You never know what will come out of your playing down the road.

Shannon J said...

Miss Carol, are you trying to drop a hint?!!! Ha ha ha!!!
I am seriously on the edge of my seat waiting to see a glimpse of sweet niece's advent calendar. I can hardly contain my excitement - seriously! After the Halloween project, I can only imagine the treasure you are creating!!!
And this card...SO lovely! That shimmer paper is incredible, and perfect for this. The die cut border is perfectly chosen and perfectly placed. The sweet polka dotted ribbon cascading down past that magic number is spot on! LOVE in every way!
ps...I have had many a day where Ms. Mojo did not show up when she was supposed to. Didn't call, nothing. just no showed. How rude! Frustrating! But I think it's safe to say, with this card, she definitely made an appearance!!!

Jenny said...

I loooove those huge numbers and the shimmer card makes them take centre stage!!! Fab Christmas card using this weeks sketch.
Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)
Jenny

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello Just me C!!! Carol I did the mood board, and so glad I did, it was like a breath of fresh spring air! Thanks so much!
Glad you are getting crafty. Love the large numbers of PS!
So Cool!!!

Hazel said...

This is wonderful crafting. Thank you for your kind words about my CHNC challenges. I can't actually see you linked for CHNC challenge extra for November - I wouldn't want you to miss out, so please check and link if you haven't done so. Hope to see you again soon. x

Hazel said...

You are linked for the design team, but not for the November challenge x

Anonymous said...

Everything about this is so fab, Carol, DP frame, polka dots, ribbon, and those fabulous shimmery numbers! What a brilliant day you had ... you got crafty ... and even if it didn't turn into finished cards, you exercised your wonderful creativity and that's always a good thing ... cause we get to share it! Anita :)

Marlena M. said...

Hey, I figure if you've finished out with even one card~it's a success story! I've spent HOURS only to have "partials" laying about. It's all about the process and art... ;) Speaking of...I REALLY LOVE those whimsical numbers and the layout of your fun cards Carol!

Michelle said...

Wow! This is fabulous! You've got a lot of fun and festive elements that really work well together. LOVE the frame. LOVE the numbers. LOVE the shimmer. And don't feel bad about spending all day. This card is GORGEOUS! I remember reading a post a long time ago by a well-know card maker in the industry who said that she had to try (whatever technique they were discussing-I don't remember) five or six times before she got it right. And I remember being so surprised because I thought that they just sat down and whipped them right out. I don't think that's the case. So anyway....I think that sometimes we ALL take forever to make a fabulous card.
Beautiful work!

Geri said...

...okay...so hurry it up and 'wrap' up he calendar because I am REALLY having a hard time waiting! I'm such a kid that way :)

Fabulous card! I ditto every single thing that Shannon said above. Beyond spectacular design with each element playing perfectly into the next! The glimmer numbers really do steal the show! Yep, winner, winner....

I'm off to Winnipeg tomorrow for three days (work seminar) unless the current storm keeps me house bound (which would be just fine with me). The #1 by Portage has been closed, so with any luck it will remain that way until tomorrow morning. Only good thing about going to city will be the shopping!!! Option two would be to delay my departure until the roads are cleared.

Darnell said...

What a fun take on the sketch, Carol! I love how you designed your elements with this one to really showcase the bright reds and greens of Christmas!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

This is awesome! Love your take on the sketch!

scrappymo! said...

This card is fantastic. Love all the design elements...well put together card!