Friday, November 22, 2013

Bells, Bells,...retro sketches #90, CASology #71: Bells

Hello!
Did  your week zip past as quickly as mine did? I'm combing my memory for highlights, but I'm coming up empty. The weather has swung like a pendulum: freezing, snowy, dangerous driving conditions early in the week, with today, and the weekend forecast, looking downright balmy.  Well, almost...we have snow which, for the opening biathlon competitions of the season is a good thing. My husband is involved as an executive director for the sport, but isn't a biathlete himself.  (Thank heavens - the bike racing is enough!). This means he'll be 'working,' and I'll be...you know what I'll be doing :-)

Two of my evenings were dedicated to tasks non-card-making, and subsequently lead me into a bit of a dither. If anyone claims card-making is "not" addicting, I will certainly present evidence to the contrary! I need my crafty-time, otherwise...not. a. pretty. sight.

During the other two evenings, I managed some therapy time with my papers, dies and stamp.  Two card for this evening's post share  a common theme: bells. A   new set of stamps and dies from WPlus9 on the countertop (aka: my craft zone) and this week's CASology bell inspiration,
well...I couldn't help myself.  These bells are just so darn cute (and if only I had more inks to use, I'd be so much happier about doing them justice. Alas, limited stash means, for this duo, you'll see red bells only. I'm aiming for silver next week...I hope!).

My first card was inspired by this one (totally adorable. Now I'm thinking I should subscribe to the SSS kits) from the amazingly talented Shari Carroll, and  is off to CAS-ology only:


My second card joins its partner at CAS-olgy, and is also off to Retrosketches #80



Vellum and I - we don't work so well together (many of the entries feature this element beautifully) 
so I slightly adapted the sketch, opting to pair  last season's WPlus9 word and snowflake die with 
new Silver Bells sets.  
Note:  So honoured to receive a Shout out at Retro Sketches for this card.  Thank you!!

More "pretty" from the Silver Bells set to come...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!







9 comments:

Shannon J said...

Carol, these are "bell"isima!!! Is that a little dot of liquid pearl I see on each of the bells?!! The foliage stamped in white against the kraft on the first card is so pretty! I just love how much your style just says so much about you - fun, thoughtful, beautiful!!! And yes, no one can say card making is not addicting! Admission is the first step toward recovery!!! (but who wants to recover...?!!! - ha ha!)!!! Oh man, I am having trouble with my new addiction as well...just bought a ton of new goodies from the thrift store...I don't have enough room in my closet for all of this!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello, my name is Kimberly, and I am addicted to card making!
Love the reds in the 1st card, and the neopolitan colors with mint in the second.!!
LOVE you are giving the CASology gallery an exclusive carol card!!! I love and enjoy every card of yours Carol, and your visits are priceless.

-Hugz Kimberly

Unknown said...

Both of you cards are so cute!! I love the little bells :)

Anonymous said...

The colours on both of these are fabulous, Carol ... rich reds and chocolate brown (oops, did I say chocolate??), followed by fresh mint and rosy red ... and those bells are so sweet! Thanks so much for the heads up on my N&T bog hop win, my friend ... happy email telling me about forthcoming happy mail! Anita :)

Geri said...

Awesome layers on the top card Carol, perfectly placed to create a beautifully balanced design. The red ink is gorgeous - awesome job! It is often difficult to achieve a nice deep image with red ink, but you nailed it dear friend! The shades of brown really give your card an earthy, home-grown Christmas feel!

A change of colors and a traditionally festive card is born! Love how you tied in the die cut snowflake with the DP. The 'Joy" die and the bell stamp make a perfect pair - similar in design and style...they were meant to be together!

Looking forward to seeing more creations :)

It is -35 with the windchill here today...brrrr....so my only trip outside will be to throw the empty cat food tins into the trash bin, otherwise my butt will be parked on my craft room chair all day long...YAY!

Cathy Weber said...

Pretty is definitely the right word for the bells...love what you have done and especially with the joy word and the snowflake. On your first card, kraft and red are always so great for Christmas card and love how you stamped the branches in white along the side.

Helene said...

I love your card !

Maureen Merritt said...

Beautiful cards. You are making me want that new Wp9 set. Thanks so much for joining up at CASology this week!

Kim S said...

You really are stamping more and more and you know what - I like what you do with your limited ink supply! It forces you to be creative - and I LOVE your use of red on the bells. It is festive and cheerful, yet the cards are still warm and rustic.