Friday, November 8, 2013

Shades of Brown...CASology #69: Brown, Sweet Sunday Sketch #196, Curtain Call: Welcome Home

Our positive, upbeat. delightful "happy dancing" Bev is the Guest Designer over at CASology, where the theme for this week's cue card challenge is: brown.

Bev is awesome, and that is inspiration enough for me to seek out 'brown' to see what I could create...

My first card (hey..surprise...) is heading off to CAsology, as well as to Sweet Sunday Sketch #196 (I'm loving this sketch; it's rapidly becoming a #1 contender for layouts for cards I'm making for my mom to send.  And yes, I'm being a challenge-hog over there, too.  Can't resist) and Curtain Call, with its Welcome Home theme

Yes, the doorknob is red...I like traditional Christmas colours...

My second card is again, off to Casology, and stepping into Seize the Sketch #7 (yep, hogging; and it's vying for #1 spot on the cards-for-mom contest, too). 



My 'believe' sentiment, stamped in gold, fades into the background in the photo, but not
in real lifee. Brown, red, gold...kind of a warmish combination...

Speaking of brown...a batch of home-made chocolate chip cookies is heading into the oven right away. Ten, twelve minutes - they should be done.  C'mon over for cookies and coffee/tea....

Thanks for visiting and letting me know you did! Your comments are welcome and appreciated!!



14 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely use of the colours in the insp. picture and a great welcome home them too :) Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great cards. Love the gold snowflake.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Would love some warm sweet smell the whole house cookies and tea!
GREAT TO SEE YOU AT CASology TODAY!!!

Greta said...

2 more winners, Carol, & I'll be over for coffee & tea--at least in my dreams, as the song goes! You certainly know how to use sketches, my friend!

Shannon J said...

Tea and cookies, with you?!! When's the next flight out?!!! I'll be there soon - cookies should still be warm when I arrive at your doorstep! ;)
I am loving your snowflake embellishments - that gold one is just to die for! Oh, and that die on the second card is so cool! Both of these cards are so warm and have such a fab festive vibe! I think brown suits you well!!! xo

Anonymous said...

Love how you're using those wonderful delicate snowflakes, Carol ... the perfect addition to these fab festive cards! Chocolate chip cookies sound yummy ... and left?! Anita :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty. Love that house image on the DP. The little snowflake is the perfect embellishment. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

~amy~ said...

coffee and cookies...I'm there:)

Both of your cards are lovely!

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!!

Judy1223 said...

Carol, I agree, that sketch is fabulous...and so is your card! Actually, both cards are just darling! (The cookies sound good, too!) So glad you played along at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful cards, the house on the two patterns papers is lovely. Thank you for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Welcome Home Challenge and CASology!

Geri said...

Hmmmm....I bet the cookies are gone already, right? Sorry pal - I'm quite far behind on my comments! But what a treat I've been enjoying here at your home (who needs cookies when there is some amazing eye candy to be had!)

The house card is divine! Your image is stamped so perfectly on the gorgeous textured paper - LOVE the red doorknob! Splitting the beautiful DP looks awesome. Love how you pulled the aqua color to the right side of the card by adding the pretty snowflake! I love how the stitched mats create such a nice finished look to a mat...love them!

The music sheet card is gorgeous! Really loving the pretty gold snowflake - it must look beautiful IRL with the gold 'believe'. Love the pop of red too!

Kylie said...

Ohh drats, I missed the cookies. Don't suppose you saved me one? ;) lol You can be a challenge hog all you like with beauties like these. :)

Kim S said...

Mmmm...chocolate chip cookies! Even though I am 9 days late reading your blog and I am very far away, I can almost smell them! I hope you enjoyed them! Your welcome home card is just perfect. Your touch of red in the doorknob is a charming touch!