Wednesday, May 20, 2020

STAMPlorations Spring Fling Reminder Post (May 20, 2020)...Close-up Floral Stencil Thank You

Hello,

Have you had a chance to join the STAMPlorations Spring Fling Blog Hop & Link Party yet?  If not, here's a gentle nudge to do so; if so, thank you...and play again! 

Today, I'm joining the STAMPgals with a reminder post featuring some new cards/projects to spark inspiration.


I decided to try something different (for me) using the oh-so-pretty All-Blooms-ARTplorations-Stencil (you've likely seen the beautiful cards several of my teammates  have created).  Rather than use the entire stencil - my usual style - I selected three of the flowers and created 'mini closeups' of the blooms by placing them on Pierced Curly Frames/Tags Nesting Dies. Each 'snapshot' snippet features a similar DI ink palette - Spun Sugar, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed - in varying degrees, depending on the flower. I adhered three additional frames together, from cardstock leftovers, for added dimension. The sentiment is from Thank You Coffee - Shery Russ Designs. 


A bit of a different look. I like it...hope you do, too!

Head over to the STAMPlorations blog for more cards and prize/playing along details.

May store promotion: Throughout May, products in the SPRING FLING section are 15% off instantly; if you use my code - STAMPGIRLCAROLM - you can received 35% off. Talk about a deal!

Link to Spring Fling section in the store:
https://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Spring-Fling-Instant-15-Off-C380986.aspx?sid=38054


Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Gail said...

Love how you did this layout! Beautiful

JulieP said...

Love this design Carol!

Lindsey said...

What a cool idea! Just another thing to put on my list of ideas to try.

Germaine said...

Very fun, unique idea!

Karenladd said...

Oh my goodness, I've never seen a stencil used this way but I'm going to have to scraplift it now!

Kim S said...

I love your softly colored "snapshots"!

Suzanne H said...

I never thought of this. I'm going to save your post to try it. Lovely!

sharon g said...

I am always trying new things--I love this!!

Bobby said...

Zooming in on the flowers is such a great look and stretches the stencil, Carol. The colors choices are lovely.

Ms. Tamp said...

I like the use of the stencil and cuts to make the three frames. Lovely project.

Carol Wortman said...

Thanks for this inspiration! The pastels on the stencil really pop as panels. I LOVE THIS,!