Friday, May 1, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #534~WORD...You're My Super Hero

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #534, where our lovely Nancy has selected a topic that has great relevance to all of us these days: HERO.  We're surrounded by them: people who are doing their best for the 'common' good of all. From frontline medical personnel to volunteers in seniors' homes...they are the people who inspire all of us to rise to become more than who we are.


We're thrilled to have talented, super creative Deborah Frings joining us as this month's guest designer; please wander to her blog for a visit and, afterwards, drop by at my wonderful JUGS team's places: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria and Cécile. If you have a chance to comment, that would be a real treat.

As you can see on the JUGS blog, our guest and my teammates have done an incredible job of showcasing medical personnel and/or PPE. Alas, digital images are not part of my repertoire; doctor/nurse images aren't in my collection; creative 'masking' not in my wheelhouse. Soooo...I went with my Super Heroes (Taylored Expressions stamps/dies, Uniko Explosion stamps/dies, Paper Rose Super Hero patterned paper), with the hope that they'll be well received by all of you as well as the people outside the medical fields that are keeping us going. At this point, 'anybody' still going to work or reaching out to help others in some fashion is a 'super hero' to me! 

As you can see, I got carried away with my Super Heroes!









That's it from me!
Looking forward to seeing who your HEROES are!

Also sharing at:

Simon Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

OMG!! I think they are all amazing. Love the word background, the night sky and the various explosion frames. Fantastic work. Thanks so much for inviting me to join you all as GD this month, so thrilled. Deborah xx

Jeanne said...

Carol, you knocked these out of the stratosphere! Amazing cards!! I adore each one. Not just for the amazing coloring and design, but for the love that went into each one to thank the front line workers who are tirelessly working for US so that we can stay healthy. Hugs to you!!!

Nancy said...

Okay, I was sooooooo impressed that you posted three cards on the DT blog and now that I am here I see 8!! Seriously! You are my card making HERO at the moment. These stamps are so perfect! I think I may try to find some. My hubby's family are all essential workers and I would love to send them some cards too. Thanks for running away with this challenge! Stay well!

Lindsey said...

These are all super-amazing cards! And why can't one be for a healthcare worker should you choose? ;)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! You have outdone your self this week. You are my hero LOL

Ina G said...

We have super hero overload here Carol and loving them. They are all aaaaaaaaaaaamazing and so creative. Awesome stamps.

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! Your cards are amazing! I hope whomever receives these knows how much love went into them and knows how appreciated they are.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What an amazing collection of super hero cards you have made! You are right, anyone that is considered essential and still going to work are definitely super heroes!

Bobby said...

You must have been in overdrive, Carol. All of your heroes are super. Super coloring and super designing.