Friday, September 13, 2013

Reading, Writing and 'rithmetic....Wanna Sketch #8 and CAS-ual Fridays: Back to School

Goodness! Last chat I was embarking on my 'bring my husband home' journey which, I'm happy to report, was successful!  He (and a cold tagged a ride along with him) are safe and sound, back to the grind of work.  Officiating the inagural tour of Alberta bike race was such a fabulous experience for him, andthe highlight: he received his National Commissaire status!  Woo hooo...bike things like that excite us!  This means he now joins the pool of commisssaires qualified to officiate at higher level bike races...wait a minute! More races? Further from home?  We may need a chat...

First full week of school and we are all exhausted!!  Figuring out routines to settle in to, attending meetings, signing kids up for courses in our little Outreach world, wondering *who* forgot to order much-needed textbooks (not me...that falls on shoulders broader than mine), deciding what other materials are required; attending more meetings, navigating through computer glitches (which is most hilarious, given that 'techie savvy' and Carol ought not to appear in the same sentence), and...you get the picture.  From chaos emerges order, as I'm told, but no one says exactly 'when' that may be!  In the midst of it all, I'm having way, way too much fun: much to be said for being surrounded by youthful energy!!  Still...bring on October - not because I'm wishing away time, but because by then, we *should* know what we're doing.  Sort of.

Since 'back to school' IS where I'm at, playing with the CAS-ual Fridays Back to School challenge

had to happen.  Once again, my TAWS Learning Curve set has made an appearance.  The 'reading, writing and 'rithemtic' images seemed 'just right' (I nearly wrote 'just write' Yikes!!) for Wanna Sketch #8.


The background paper is a Little Yelow Bicylce school patterned paper pad - and I've nearly used it all up with my recent school creations.  Perhaps it's time to look at papers for Fall...Thanksgiving...Halloween...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my days!




8 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

Oooooo, I love your take on the sketch! Don't you just love how Paper Smooches just makes everything cuter??? Thank you SO much for playing along with wanna sketch, you made my day!

Happy Dance said...

Hmmmmm....if he races/officiates anywhere near Chicago or Milwaukee, you could always come and play with me!!! Oh the fun (shopping) we'd have! Your card is adorable. I can see I've got to try that stitched frame thingy. Great colors and a really fun card! Will try to get an em out by tomorrow! Bev

Darnell said...

Adorable card, Carol, just perfect for the Back to School challenge!! (It's so hard to believe that the fall holidays are upon us already!)

Anonymous said...

I've been hankering after these stitched shapes dies forever, Carol ... how long can I resist having seen this little cutie ... it's so fun ... I can feel my resolve weakening!!

Haven't been for a visit for a while ... thought you were tied up with racing stuff and weren't posting ... then realised it wasn't that at all, it was me ... still learning Feedly and messing it up every so often. Now you're back in my list ... yay ... c creations coming continuously!

Anita :)

Shannon J said...

Okay, wait...whaaaatttt??!!! Your husband has been named National Commissaire?!!! That is HUGE!! Eeeeeeeekkk!!! What an achievement for him! And as I said, you make SO much of this possible for him!! Congrats to you both!!! I love the card so much (have I told you about my secret love of school supplies?!!!)! And your colouring keeps blowing my mind!! I just know that the recipient of this card is going to feel so special, and so encouraged by it - you really do make such a difference in so many lives - including mine!

Emilie said...

Great card! And I love your take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! xxx

Deb said...

Lovely CAS card! And your stamp choice is awesome. Congrats to your hubby on his achievement. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kim S said...

What a great way to showcase the fun stamps with just the brigth strip of paper! That calculator with the "hello" makes me smile every time!